• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Reigniting the flame

Stopping distances are not a great way to measure sports car brakes. That's more a function of tires, suspension, and weight distribution. The ability to maintain performance with repeated abuse is a bigget concern. If you can invke your ABS, your brakes are able to stop you as fast as your tires can do it. ( try this in heated slicks with stock rotors and pads sometime for fun ). If you can do this 100 times n a row from 100 mph, well, then you've got damn good brakes that can withstand a solid track outing.

I had project mu 2-piece rotors, ss lines, motul fluid and hawk pads. That made for decent track day performance on stock calipers. If I were to run slicks, I would have had to go with a big brake package. The new owner, Nero, did just that.

Looking good by the way Nero. It's good to see you're enjoying the car still.

Yes, I made sure that it was in pretty damn good mechanical condition. I had an independent NSX mechanic in Miami who had about six NSX's in his shop at a time do most of the work, and he went through the car with a fine toothed comb. So, if it seems like I had a lot of problems, it's only due to proactive maintenance frm a trained eye.
I agree with you on the brakes except you didn't mention that pedal feel and modulation is often better with better calipers even though stopping distances might be the same (at least in my experience). It's like trying on a fleece jacket from K-mart vs. a nice fur coat. They both keep you warm :)

Nice to see you're on the hunt. Good Luck!

Love the NSX, but if you don't have the space for a second, more practical car I wouldn't say that the NSX is the best choice.

Great second/weekend car if you can afford it.

In this case, the NSX is calling out:

<object width="420" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qpnaLJ-jn1k?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qpnaLJ-jn1k?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Or was it Susanna Hoffs calling? :biggrin:

Love the NSX, but if you don't have the space for a second, more practical car I wouldn't say that the NSX is the best choice.

Great second/weekend car if you can afford it.

My NSX was a daily driver. However, I have a utility vehicle (4x4 crew cab chevy silverado). That makes up for it.

Sounds like you want one again. Everyone comes back.

If the only things you had a problem with were master cylinder/brake issues/CCU stuff, sounds like you had a fairly ordinary NSX experience.

As car guys, we're always going to embody the "grass is always greener" picture when it comes to cars we don't have. I've flirted with the Porsche thought myself. If you've got other cars to haul the kids around, why not another NSX?
Life's too short to drive one car. Let someone else enjoy the 996 Cab and come back. :wink:

They have no rear seats anyway... :D

Last edited:
Move on man
Get something new and something more exciting
Why get what u already had
I love my X but I know when the times comes to move on I won't look back
Life is too short to not experience as much as there is to experience

Look forward and onward!

Zaid

Sounds like you want one again. Everyone comes back.

Aint this the truth

I forget what the statistic was, but I think I remember it being something like 94% of NSX owners, end up getting another (someone correct me if I'm off with that one) but when I heard that fact, I could totally understand why

my good friend sold his around the same time that I did.....I just found out he got one a few days ago....and it really kicked up my hunt for another :biggrin:

The game is afoot, Watson!

I am officially in the Market for a 97+ standard transmission

If you've got several of the following. Zanardi trumps all below.

-CTSC
-Upgraded Wheels
-Good History
-Upgraded Brakes
-Upgraded Exhaust
-The recommendation from a known NSX mechanic
-50k miles or less

Required to have been completed on all cars more than 20000 miles

-timing belt/water pump
-clutch replacement

You may have the car for me.

Back