• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacing Instrument Gauge Cluster Bulbs With Leds?

Has anyone tried this on their NSX yet?

Here are some pics I found from other cars...

5718920881_b068c8b483_b.jpg

5719481696_9fb3054086_b.jpg

it would look great in an amber color,

the problem is not alot of vendors make this for the NSX

now they make it for other cars as there are like 5.6 billion SHEEP cars on the roads

The back light is clear on the NSX. It uses an orange colored lens. I don't think you can get that effect on the NSX without replacing the face of the cluster with different ones.

The gauges are very delicate, and often break when removing the needles. Ask anyone that has done the NSX-R Instrument Cluster conversion. It's a project, and easy to screw up.

Last edited:
The LED bulbs that you can buy will dim just like regular bulbs.

Yes, I did.
And no, the results are/were not what I expected.

I replace the two wedge bulbs with similar sized LED-bulbs.
The light on the dash is not brighter at all.
Worse, since the LED are not as uni-directional as incandescent light bulbs, one side of my speedo is now more brightly lit than the other side.

So, as soon as I feel like it, I am going to change the bulbs again. I am going to put in some new bulbs though.

I would strongly be interested in a kit that does this for the NSX. I feel the gauge cluster is one of the most dated things in the car.

Here are some pics I found from other cars...

5718920881_b068c8b483_b.jpg

5719481696_9fb3054086_b.jpg

No matter what you do, the needles won't light up.

Honda (or aftermarket ) should have developed an updated version. Imagine how many people would pony up for a Modulo gauge cluster.

1993 nsx instrument cluster light

When I drove the NSX at night, the orange instrument cluster (speedo/tach) light was very dim (off?)
There is a switch on the dash with a button which can be pushed in or released.
How complex is changing the bulb? There appears to be no direct bulb access under the steering panel.
Does the whole dash need to be removed to access the bulb(s)?
Tried to find a video, but none specific to NSX (1993).:confused:
Any feedback appreciated as to options
Is there any URL (youtube) video on troubleshooting/replacing bulbs?

E-mail: [email protected] Subject from "NSX Prime"

Thank you Robert 3/3/2021

The IC bulbs cannot be accessed without pulling the gauge cluster, and there are several DYI's written about that process.

About converting them to LED's, I'll defer to others here who may have current knowledge regarding that :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back