• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replica TAG Heuer Senna Link Chronograph

Replica goods, laboratory created diamonds, etc.

I've deleted the original post and edited subsequent posts because I now believe the information I provided may result in violation of US law should anyone actually purchase one of these replicas.

Last edited:
Nothing says poser like a replica watch
icon_rolleyes.gif

Why not get a nice Seiko instead?
dunno.gif

Like I said, not buying one, but given that the real version of this watch is extremely hard to come by and very expensive, this would still be a cool piece to have for NSX/Senna collectors without having to spend a fortune.

Like I said, not buying one, but given that the real version of this watch is extremely hard to come by and very expensive, this would still be a cool piece to have for NSX/Senna collectors without having to spend a fortune.
Sure, and you could probably stick a bodykit on a Fiero and call it an NSX, too.

Sorry, I'm just not a big fan of replica anythings. If you can't have the real thing, than get what you can and wear it with pride.

Sure, and you could probably stick a bodykit on a Fiero and call it an NSX, too.

Sorry, I'm just not a big fan of replica anythings. If you can't have the real thing, than get what you can and wear it with pride.

I recall when people said that about the IBM AT/XT and PC jr. and let's not forget prescription medications! If you can't afford to buy it from Pfizer, just take two aspirin :).

If I could buy an ALMOST perfect NSX replica for 2.5% of the price of a real one, I think it would be a no brainer for me.

Last edited:

+1
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fake is fake and posing fake as real is ultimate no shame. This watch is a replica made to pass or fooling others as real thing. Lying in general is wrong.

$258 is a lot for a fake watch is outrageously expensive. You can get some decent quartz movement real watches for $258 that look good as well.

Just suck it up and pay a little bit more to get a used one if you like the look that much. If you get that replica, don't be too surprised it is not what you expected. I can see your expectation is sky high right now. Disappointment may be just as big. You got to be kidding with that Asia Valjoux 7750 Automatic. Who knows what is inside. The real Valjoux 7750 chronograph movement is a workhorse, widely used and not very expensive and used in many Tag/Omega/IWC watches. For $250, I doubt they used anything decent, might break in a few weeks of use. Ended up becoming a complete waste.

I bought a used Tag Carrera Chronograph a little over a year ago for $1250, sold it earlier this May or June on ebay for $1500 too partially offset/justify purchasing first Rolex in my life. I always wear my watches for free and then some.

A real quality watch hold its value. Don't throw away the box and doucuments. Keeping things neat and organized have its rewards. Smart buy means you will always get your money back or at least most of it.

Last edited:
I am not at all suggesting trying to pass off a fake as the real deal, I just thought it might be of interest to collectors of Senna/NSX memorabilia who can't afford the real thing. Much like when you can't afford that original prop from a movie, or original action figure, get a "fake" for your collection, perhaps until such time as you can afford the real thing.

I completely agree trying to pass off a replica as the real thing is absolutely wrong.

The more I think about this, the more I think this is a bad idea, at least in the US. I can't find any definitive info on whether a buyer is at risk here, but if I apply copyright law the same way it's handled with software, then the buyer is indeed at risk.

If I knowingly or even unknowingly buy a counterfeit version of Windows, I can be held liable for that, so I have to imagine the same applies to other copyrighted goods. I've had enough trouble in this area already, so better safe than sorry.

Lets turn this into a more interesting conversation.

How do you guys feel about laboratory created diamonds? Almost completely indistinguishable from mined diamonds, do you hold the same 'not the real deal' opinion?

I don't understand why anyone needs a watch that cost more than 50 bucks.

Now that being said I have a 1k Movado watch that I hardly ever wear. Even if I had Bill Gates money I would not have a 10k watch, unless it belonged to my grandfather or something like that.

Someone said nothing says poser like someone who wears a replica. IMO I think anyone who spends 10k on a watch is just as big of a poser.

A 10k watch does not tell time any better than a 50 dollars watch. The only benefit to buying a watch for 500+ dollars is for bragging rights and to attract women in clubs. Lucky for me when I was single and I lived in an area where a 1k watch was as good as a 10k watch is in LA or Scottsdale.:wink: :biggrin:

Someone said nothing says poser like someone who wears a replica. IMO I think anyone who spends 10k on a watch is just as big of a poser.
Well,

I really don't disagree with you, and I really have to say more power to you. I believe not everyone find value or same appreciation for same hobby. However, the topic of this thread is "Replica", aka fake. That is in a completely different level of posing, in some sense it is also lying and unethical.

Now onto your main point regarding why someone would need a watch that cost more than $50. For 1, they break a lot, don't last. I wore plenty of $50 watches when I was in junior high and high school. Watch is an accessary like a jewelry, it is also symbol of time.

The same logic goes towards cars. Why drive a NSX when Civic serve the same basic transportation goal. It get you around, in many cases Civic does a better job and cost you less on gas as well. The original thread starter can get a really nice looking Seiko for $258 and it is the real thing.

Then you are going to hate me, but I am not a bad person. I usually don't wear jeans cost less than $200~$300 a pair. I really don't

My forum ID on jeans forums is R&RTR btw. There are a lot of people who have same hobby as I am. Some people spend it on other hobbies like home theaters. My stuff is Mickey Mouse compare to other people's hobbies.

I stay extremely fit for one reason. I live once, young once. Money is irrelevant compare to time. I can't buy time but I can make money.

You can eat Kobe steak, or a $10 hamburger. In the end, the result is the same, you have to take a dump. Some appreciate the Kobe steak more, some prefer hamburger.

If you make me pick one out of two below:
$1000 Red wine or $5 beer? I personally prefer beer
Cigar or Hookah? I prfer hookah

There is a balance, someone may be particular in one area, doesn't necessarily it apply to all areas. Key point is real, not fake.

The only benefit to buying a watch for 500+ dollars is for bragging rights and to attract women in clubs. Lucky for me when I was single and I lived in an area where a 1k watch was as good as a 10k watch is in LA or Scottsdale.:wink: :biggrin:
Too generalized man, in many cases the more exclusive it is, the less known they are. I am not an expert in watches, but I can tell you in apparel, everyone know the general brands, people usually able to tell the different in material quality. Sometimes the difference can be dramatic, they usually know it is expensive, but they don't know what brand it is. In most cases only the enthusiast know the higher end brands.

Last edited:
Well,

I really don't disagree with you, and I really have to say more power to you. I believe not everyone find value or same appreciation for same hobby. However, the topic of this thread is "Replica", aka fake. That is in a completely different level of posing, in some sense it is also lying and unethical.

Now onto your main point regarding why someone would need a watch that cost more than $50. For 1, they break a lot, don't last. I wore plenty of $50 watches when I was in junior high and high school. Watch is an accessary like a jewelry, it is also symbol of time.

The same logic goes towards cars. Why drive a NSX when Civic serve the same basic transportation goal. It get you around, in many cases Civic does a better job and cost you less on gas as well. The original thread starter can get a really nice looking Seiko for $258 and it is the real thing.

Then you are going to hate me, but I am not a bad person. I usually don't wear jeans cost less than $200~$300 a pair. I really don't

My forum ID on jeans forums is R&RTR btw. There are a lot of people who have same hobby as I am. Some people spend it on other hobbies like home theaters. My stuff is Mickey Mouse compare to other people's hobbies.

I stay extremely fit for one reason. I live once, young once. Money is irrelevant compare to time. I can't buy time but I can make money.

You can eat Kobe steak, or a $10 hamburger. In the end, the result is the same, you have to take a dump. Some appreciate the Kobe steak more, some prefer hamburger.

If you make me pick one out of two below:
$1000 Red wine or $5 beer? I personally prefer beer
Cigar or Hookah? I prfer hookah

There is a balance, someone may be particular in one area, doesn't necessarily it apply to all areas. Key point is real, not fake.

Too generalized man, in many cases the more exclusive it is, the less known they are. I am not an expert in watches, but I can tell you in apparel, everyone know the general brands, people usually able to tell the different in material quality. Sometimes the difference can be dramatic, they usually know it is expensive, but they don't know what brand it is. In most cases only the enthusiast know the higher end brands.

All I can say is the world must be a way different place then the way I see it. I believe, and am willing to bet everything I own, that I do not know one person not a single person in my area of ny who would be able to spot a 10k watch or a 300 dollar pair of jeans. Both in my opinion are nothing like a NSX compared to a Civic. The NSX is going to give you a better driving experience. A 10k watch is not going to give you a better time telling experience, and a 300 dollar pair of jeans is not going to cover your skin any better than a pair of Levi's.

Fact is in the rest of the world, these items are used for one reason...to pick up women. Men buy stuff to attract women, women buy stuff to piss off their friends, it really is that simple. If you told someone in my area you had on 300 dollar jeans they would probably either laugh their asses off or pound the 300 dollar jean wearer to a pulp. 10k watch, forget it no one would believe anyone would be so dumb as to spend 10k on a watch. I am so glad I live in an area where these props are not required to be in any crowd.
But now I wonder because I live in a very upscale area in Florida, I wonder if everyone thinks I am a bum walking around in my 40 dollar shorts, 30 dollar sandals, 10 dollar wallet from mark down rack, oh and my signature white t-shirt cost about 3 for 10 bucks at tjmax. Hardly ever wear anything but a white tshirt because I am not going to pay 50 bucks for a shirt and then advertise too for whoever puts their name on it.

Since you mentioned it which Rolex model did you go with?
I ended up going with Rolex DateJust with rolex/rolex jubilee dial(116200bkjro) back in May.

I am on Rolex forum as well, people on that forum are very kind and open minded. I highly recommend it if you are into watches;
http://www.rolexforums.com/

This one is special watch for me, I most likely pass it onto my kids someday. Because it was an reward I bought for myself for my own hardwork. I have wanted one since I was a teenager, I waited more than 10 years. My parents are not poor, they have offered countless times to buy me a Rolex, BMW, Mercedes. I turn it down everytime. Appreciation is at different level when you earn it. If things come too easy, what is the fun about it? This is why I feel a bit uncomfortable when someone stereotype.
2.jpg

I sold the Tag Carrera after I bought the Rolex. I really regret it. It may be Mickey Mouse to many NSX owner who also happen to be into watches, but it was my 1st automatic winding watch. I move up/upgrade slowly, I also sold off previous watch before that as well. The memory and enjoyment I got from it was priceless. I am thinking about picking up another sport watch. Leaning towards Omega Speedmaster due to my limited budget. My ideal sport watch right now is all black ceremic Chanel J12 or the new Tag Grand Carrera.

2.jpg

Last edited:
way off the subject here..

A bit off the subject, but near and dear to my heart because this is how I make my living. VODKA

People will order Grey Goose because they always drink that, and they ALWAYS can tell their brand. We pour them a Grey Goose and they will swear up and down that this is not Grey Goose. We make enough money on our drinks we don't need to water down or substitute crappy vodka for premium. (yes bars do that).

I will tell them we will make another (because this obviously isn't goose). I will walk in the back, pour their old drink in a new cup and change the garnish and serve it again. I would say that 99.9% of the time the guest will say, "thank you, now that's Grey Goose." I could even pour them our house vodka the second time around, and they are usually just as happy thinking that is Grey Goose.

The moral of all this, if you are into your fake Tag watch, enjoy it just as you would the vodka I give you because you will probably not be able to tell the difference between either one.:biggrin:

I'd really like to hear opinions on mined vs. lab created diamonds.

I'm all for lab created diamonds. I have always felt too much importance was placed on diamonds starting with the "obligatory" diamond engagment ring. I was always amazed that there were "standards" as to how many months salary should be expended to buy one. That money would be better spent on buying a house or condo rather than renting an apartment to start saving all over again.

Unless you are an arms dealer, most people don't use diamonds as "currency" or hold them as investments so if the concept is to have a "flawless" rock on your hand or on a necklace then why shouldn't you opt for the lab created stones. No ethical or moral issues associated with the "blood diamond" market and a lot more cash leftover.

I'm all for lab created diamonds. I have always felt too much importance was placed on diamonds starting with the "obligatory" diamond engagment ring. I was always amazed that there were "standards" as to how many months salary should be expended to buy one. That money would be better spent on buying a house or condo rather than renting an apartment to start saving all over again.

Unless you are an arms dealer, most people don't use diamonds as "currency" or hold them as investments so if the concept is to have a "flawless" rock on your hand or on a necklace then why shouldn't you opt for the lab created stones. No ethical or moral issues associated with the "blood diamond" market and a lot more cash leftover.

My guess is that if somehow the billions of diamonds stockpiled by debeers was let loose, the fake diamond might be worth more than the real ones. :)

Re: way off the subject here..

A bit off the subject, but near and dear to my heart because this is how I make my living. VODKA

People will order Grey Goose because they always drink that, and they ALWAYS can tell their brand. We pour them a Grey Goose and they will swear up and down that this is not Grey Goose. We make enough money on our drinks we don't need to water down or substitute crappy vodka for premium. (yes bars do that).

I will tell them we will make another (because this obviously isn't goose). I will walk in the back, pour their old drink in a new cup and change the garnish and serve it again. I would say that 99.9% of the time the guest will say, "thank you, now that's Grey Goose." I could even pour them our house vodka the second time around, and they are usually just as happy thinking that is Grey Goose.
I find a little BS in your comments. I assume those cases are really rare and not something you encounter every night. Since it is your profession, if you are in their position, can you tell the difference between Grey Goose and other off brand Vodka? Off brand alternative is one thing. I have no problem with alternative off brand items, but passing on one item what it is not is not a right thing to do. There is different degree of faking, you can even use bottle water, off brand cerel, etc as example.

A watch is far more complicated than that. I spoted an NSX owner wearing a fake Rolex a year ago. I didn't said anything, but his facial expression after he saw me took a quick glance told me the entire story. None of my business so I didn't bust his bubble on the spot, a few other NSX owners also saw it, we all just kept quiet.

Last edited:

A watch is far more complicated than that. I spoted an NSX owner wearing a fake Rolex a year ago. I didn't said anything, but his facial expression after he saw me took a quick glance told me the entire story. None of my business so I didn't bust his bubble on the spot, a few other NSX owners also saw it, we all just kept quiet.

With the quality of some of the fakes out now, with a good one there is absolutely NO WAY you could tell the difference between a real and a fake just by looking at someone's wrist. Even if the person handed you the fake, and you could put it next to a real one, you still would have an extremely difficult time finding differences. The faces, weight, materials, movement, bezel, screws, dial placements, hands, wrist bands, clasps and fonts are all absolutely perfect. You can claim all you like that you could, but unless you're a horologist and can open up the watch, you're just kidding yourself. Many of the really good fakes use actual parts sourced from the real deal and some of them run upwards of $1000 because of that.

With the quality of some of the fakes out now, with a good one there is absolutely NO WAY you could tell the difference between a real and a fake just by looking at someone's wrist. Even if the person handed you the fake, and you could put it next to a real one, you still would have an extremely difficult time finding differences. The faces, weight, materials, movement, bezel, screws, dial placements, hands, wrist bands, clasps and fonts are all absolutely perfect. You can claim all you like that you could, but unless you're a horologist and can open up the watch, you're just kidding yourself. Many of the really good fakes use actual parts sourced from the real deal and some of them run upwards of $1000 because of that.

That depends on the quality of the fake. Most rolex fakes I have seen do not have a smooth second hand. That is an easy way to spot the fake.

I went with a Brietling becase they are less common than Rolex and I think better looking. Though I love that DateJust.

Back