• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replica TAG Heuer Senna Link Chronograph

It's nice looking but I've got a Luminox: http://www.luminox.com/
Which model do you have?

I like the 3402 model, it is an nice none fake alternative to the black ceremic Chanel J12 I wanted, at the moment I am in mood for an all black watch. That is an legitimate alternative at fraction of the cost and probably last a long time. For the price of that of an overpriced illegal fake, an real legitimate alternative can be had for same price.

3402_lg.jpg

I know the owners of one of these name brand jeans companies. Like their competitors, they're made in factories close to downtown LA, manned by the local Hispanic community. Also close by is the clothing district, where you'll find knockoffs of these jeans and other designer clothing sold by, umm, the local Hispanic community.
Items from these brands often can be had for roughly $50~$100 at discount stores like Rack and TJ Maxx. Most of the brands based in LA with exception of 2, I wouldn't pay more than $50 a pair. Those however are decent quality not much different than the $150~$300 ones you see at Saks or Bloomingdale. The cost wasn't my point.

The number is just a mere figure I brought up in responds to Steven. I have no regret with my first resonds to him, I did however over reacted and fxxk up in the second responds. What said already been said, there is no point of cowardly apology on my part at this point imho.

I truely don't have bad intent. Whatever someone like to buy it is their business. You can wear anything, it doesn't make you better or worst person. Everyone buy some luxury items in one form or another. Only difference is that someone can justify/acknowledge their own none-essential purchases, but can't justify what others none-essential purchases (With exception of fake items trying to pass on as real).

I never bought a diamond, the meaning behind the diamond should be the only thing that is important, however, when it is for someone I truely care for, at least within reasonable cost to me, regardless if they give a shit or not. I want to give her the best I can justify, I am the giver, I get to decide what I want to give. It is something you suppose buy just once in your life time. If things are too easy, it is hard to appreciate them in my OPINION, this is suppose to be something that have sentimental value, cost is not a big factor. If I have to buy an authentic brand synthetic one, I will not try to pass a synthetic diamond onto her as natural diamond, I will let her know up front. Honesty above all else. In my opinion Synthetic diamond vs fake watch is not an appple to apple comparison. One is an legitimate cheaper alternative form, the other is a fake off the another trying to pass off as something it is not.

I am tired and exhuasted right now, just having hard time falling to sleep since I have to wake up at 3am. Finally done packing and ready for flight tomorrow morning. I do wish everyone a Merry Christmas and safe holidays regardless if we see eye to eye or not.

Is your friend MB by any chance?

Last edited:
Dude, I totally get what you're saying :biggrin:

I was given an anniversary rolex. It's just a SS divers watch with a black face and a dark green ring around the outside. It was a gift from my business partner and only a few were made???? Now $$$$

I never put it on. It's nice looking but I've got a Luminox: http://www.luminox.com/
Best watch money can buy for use at about $200+. Cool part is EVERY point and the hands have an illuminated vile of Tritium. I get stopped anywhere it's dark moves, ect.

My Dad has bucks and has a few Rolex, Tag, Brillington(SP). I got him just the cheap ~$180 one for a dive trip. Funny thing is that's the only watch he wheres now and thanks me for it often. He just said at some boring function he went to with his 50+ year old eyes he could tell when it was going to be over :tongue:

I just checked out the Luminox site, those are some really nice looking watches. My watches have always been about function over form. When I was young I was a geek with the calculator watch, when I got older, I had the Microsoft watch that interfaced with a PC via light pulses on a monitor, later I had a Polar with HRM and most recently I had a Suunto T6 for training which I recently sold. I've never really thought much about having a watch that only tells time. My only "dress" watch is a $50 Fossil with a dead battery that I've been meaning to replace for 2 years (very similar to the one pictured here).

fd18_1.JPG

Re: way off the subject here..

The rest of your post I'm just going to ignore, you clearly have your mind made up and obviously hate the idea that something you paid thousands for can be knocked off and sold for 10% of the price with virtually nobody knowing the difference.

I have experience handling both the real and the fake watch, you have...

the internet?

thumbs.gif

Re: way off the subject here..

I have experience handling both the real and the fake watch, you have...

the internet?

thumbs.gif

clearly you're handling the wrong watches if the ones you handled have non-functional chronos and sub dials with ill-fitting parts. once again you are accurately describing the $20 NYC street corner specials.

what do i have? yes, i have the internet, where OTHERS who have access to both the originals and knockoffs do extensive comparisons with pictures between the two. perhaps they're making it all up, and I guess Hublot's website made it up as well... clearly you are too, or aren't looking at the right replicas. look at some of the panerai knockoffs for examples of something using actual panerai parts. i'm done arguing with you, you are spreading misinformation and are not open changing your opinion. neither am i.

DeBeers is really scared of these and is trying to push a campaign that touts natural diamonds as taking a million years to create. Time will tell how this all plays out.

I don't think DeBeers has much to worry about, but it is a fascinating situation...it's at least as fascinating as getting people to pay a vehicle's cost for 200mg of carbon. There is a place in the market for synthetic diamonds, just as there is a place for knock-off goods. The diamond makers know their place. They do not want to destroy the value of natural diamonds, because their product will always be less in comparison. Knock-offs have yet to topple Luis Vuitton's or Tiffany's margins, and synthetic rubies over the past some-odd century haven't had a discernible impact on sapphire prices.

To each his own...fake or real, but we roll a tade different in the West. Not all nice things we buy are for picking up chicks. To me, it's more the joy of rewarding yourself with something "shiny and nice" for all the hard work and $$$$$$ you earn from doing it.

...but since we are on watches, I was in vegas these past few days and walking around the Venetian Shoppes, I totally dig the Breitling Super Avenger (shown to me off the salesmen wrist). Only problem is I can't seem to get my hands on one. They seem to be sold out everywhere and it seems I have to wait about 4-5 months for it to come in. It's not a bling watch by any means, much cheaper than a rolex, but It's what I like. I'm not going to use it to pick up girls or try to pass it off as jewerly. Hopefully, it goes well with my $20 sandals. :biggrin: my order has been put in with a local watch merchant so hopefully it comes in before I run out of patience. If any of ya local OC cats have a place in mind where I might be able to find it faster, let me know..

332138_IMG-6930.jpg

I recall when people said that about the IBM AT/XT and PC jr.

There's a difference. IBM is a computer maker, just as TAG Heuer is a watch maker. That's not to say that there aren't other brands of computers, or watches. To be analogous, you'd be buying a computer put together with flea market parts with an IBM sticker on the front. One can make a pretty good computer with such parts, just as one can make a pretty good watch with alternate parts. Just don't call it what it isn't.

and let's not forget prescription medications! If you can't afford to buy it from Pfizer, just take two aspirin :).

Prescription medicines are different again. Generics arise when the patent on a medicine runs out. Chemically, they're identical to the original. You can't say the same about a replica watch.

robr said:
How do you guys feel about laboratory created diamonds? Almost completely indistinguishable from mined diamonds, do you hold the same 'not the real deal' opinion?

I know little to nothing about gem quality diamonds, so I can't really comment here. My intuition would be that a top-notch gemologist would be able to tell the difference qualitatively, and prefer the mined diamonds -- the "real deal", as it were.

steveny said:
I don't understand why anyone needs a watch that cost more than 50 bucks.

One could also suggest that they don't understand why anyone needs a car that goes 100+ mph, or costs more than $15,000. Both will get you to work in about the same amount of time.

I totally "get" the expensive watch thing, even if it isn't my bag (I own no watches). There's an artistry and precision that's to be admired, in addition to the rarity of some examples (like the Senna).

I have a collection of rare coins, and know a lot more about coins than watches. It is possible to fabricate a replica coin that is indistinguishable (to a lay-person) from the real deal. Counterfeiting laws notwithstanding, no collector considers these fakes as valuable or even collectable in any sense.

I am tired and exhuasted right now, just having hard time falling to sleep since I have to wake up at 3am. Finally done packing and ready for flight tomorrow morning. I do wish everyone a Merry Christmas and safe holidays regardless if we see eye to eye or not.

I don't think you said anything innapropriate in this thread.. or at least I understood you and happen to agree (even though I don't spend 300 on jeans :tongue: ).
Have a safe flight!

I have a collection of rare coins, and know a lot more about coins than watches. It is possible to fabricate a replica coin that is indistinguishable (to a lay-person) from the real deal. Counterfeiting laws notwithstanding, no collector considers these fakes as valuable or even collectable in any sense.

I bought and rehabbed an old house that was full of IMO junk. I found piles , I mean piles and boxes of watches and watchsmith tools. After I sold the house the guy who bought it was doing some more remodeling. When he tore out a wall he found a coin inside the wall. We looked it up on the internet and it was extreamly rare, worth like 80 grand. I don't remember the exact coin but I remember something about 13 on it somewhere. Anyways he takes it to a dealer and of course it's not the real deal it was a fake but a fake made a long time ago. The dealer offered him 2k for it which I thought was a lot for a fake.

I bought and rehabbed an old house that was full of IMO junk. I found piles , I mean piles and boxes of watches and watchsmith tools. After I sold the house the guy who bought it was doing some more remodeling. When he tore out a wall he found a coin inside the wall. We looked it up on the internet and it was extreamly rare, worth like 80 grand. I don't remember the exact coin but I remember something about 13 on it somewhere. Anyways he takes it to a dealer and of course it's not the real deal it was a fake but a fake made a long time ago. The dealer offered him 2k for it which I thought was a lot for a fake.

Probably means it was real and the dealer was a thief :).

LOL "Oh that? No, that's not worth much. No, it's a fake. Yeah, what a shame. I'll take it off your hand for $2k though." ;)

He didn't sell it to the guy for that very reason. I don't know if he still has it but I know he did not sell it that day.

I should have been pissed I didn't find it but you know what that guy deserved it for sure. He is one hard working dude.

Edit...I am searching the internet to see if I can find some info on the coin. It really was a pretty cool peice.

Anyways he takes it to a dealer and of course it's not the real deal it was a fake but a fake made a long time ago. The dealer offered him 2k for it which I thought was a lot for a fake.

Assuming the dealer was honest, there is a market for counterfeits made a long time ago. These are usually made to cheat commerce, and not collectors. I'm talking more about coins made last week that are copies of classic old coins.

Back