• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rescuing a R/C plane in a helicopter

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O5ElGt6iAYw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

is that you flying??,,,that was really cool,,,ill call you when i get mines stuck!!!:biggrin:

Not me, I have 1 hr in helicopters and 9,800 hours in planes. Helicopters are too expensive and too slow.

BTW: Check out the house. Nice little estate they have there.

Last edited:
So burn $x in fuel, adding $y in depreciation (flight time), spending z man-hours while risking it all hovering tight over the tree line...just to save a $150 toy. I mean, c'mon, it was made of foam.

Last edited:
So burn $x in fuel, adding $y in depreciation (flight time), spending z man-hours while risking it all hovering tight over the tree line...just to save a $150 toy. I mean, c'mon, it was made of foam.

Scrooge, is that you?

How about the fact that it was the kids first time flying it and they were obviously very grateful for the rescue.

What was the helicopter doing up there in the first place? Sounds like the guy on the ground was already in contact with it when the plane went into the tree. I can only figure the guy had the helicopter around for some other reason and thus is wasn't like he was spending a fortune to rescue a cheap toy.

I guess the pilot was in a good mood and he thought he would make someone's day by saving the little plane, I'm not sure how much it costs to rent a helicopter but small planes are less than $100/h and that includes fuel so since that entire clip is only 5 minutes long the cost was probably less than $10...

BTW, Jim - I'm getting my PPL, I already have 22 hours on Cessna 152 and I'm almost ready to solo :p

Ba-Humbug...

" small planes are less than $100/h and that includes fuel so since that entire clip is only 5 minutes long the cost was probably less than $10..."

with that logic, one could hire a prostitute for only $10 as well :)

" small planes are less than $100/h and that includes fuel so since that entire clip is only 5 minutes long the cost was probably less than $10..."

with that logic, one could hire a prostitute for only $10 as well :)

That may depend on your region :D

Back