• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RIP Ernie

Ernest Borgnine died Sunday from kidney failure at age 95. He was one of the "greats" in movie and TV and was working still at 95. The entertainment world will miss him.

Ernest Borgnine died Sunday from kidney failure at age 95. He was one of the "greats" in movie and TV and was working still at 95. The entertainment world will miss him.
+1

like a lot of old-school actors, quite a story to his life. helluvan actor, too.

I'm really old... I remember him in McCale's Navy. I loved that show.

Great guy and always had a smile.

Here's his personal secret to youth...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XpS-tUsdiE

Well, I hope I make it to 95 years old and still have the same "grip" on life:smile:

McCales Navy, I loved it... made me want to join the Navy, until I registered for the draft a few years later.

Andy, Ernie, Shelby...am I the only one shaking my head and feeling old?

RIP big guy.

McCales Navy, I loved it... made me want to join the Navy, until I registered for the draft a few years later.

Borgnine actually served in the Navy for 10 years achieving the rank of gunners mate 1st class.

My son and I were watching Sponge Bob today and it was a episode with Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. To my surprise the voices for the characters were Ernest Borgnine (Mermaid Man) and Tim Conway (Barnacle Boy). Both were in McCale's Navy. Well it was cool to me anyway.

My son and I were watching Sponge Bob today and it was a episode with Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. To my surprise the voices for the characters were Ernest Borgnine (Mermaid Man) and Tim Conway (Barnacle Boy). Both were in McCale's Navy. Well it was cool to me anyway.

Admit it, you were watching Sponge Bob by yourself. It's OK.

Since one of Borgnine's ex-wives was Ethel Merman, I thought it was going to be them as the 2 voices. Of course, Ethel Merman passed away too many years ago for that, so Tim Conway makes sense.

An ex-Navy officer friend of mine calls my section of the Navy McHale's Navy because of the shenanigans that go on.

Miner

Back