• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ripped front end mask!!

I just bought my first accessory for my NSX a front end mask. The thing fits perfectly, better then any other I have had before. What stinks is it actually goes all the way under the front chin spoiler instead of "hooking" to the bottom. Within 1 hour of installing it I scuffed the front lip going into a gas station (scuffing front lip in common in Jersey). I barely touched the lip, and was going very slow, but it still tore the entire bottom of the mask. I'm so pissed, there goes $140- in 1 hour!! Has this happened to anyone else?, is there any way to get around it (ie. modifying the mask)?

John

Oh Yeah! I have the same problem. The nose is low enough, but when you put on a mask, the bottom part is even more vulnerable. They way I handled it? Try this. Get some black duct tape and add an extra protective layer over the area prone to getting scraped. I mean, getting the mask scraped is pretty much unavoidable. But it is better if the brunt of the beating is sustained by the black tape rather than the mask itself. So if you do scrape it, you can always peel it off and replace it with a fresh strip. And since it is black, it is not readily noticeable (like anywone is going to examine the underside of your mask.)

I'd assume your primary need for the front end mask is because of rock chips, in this case, a clear bra will solve your problem. For your future reference, do not install WW front lip if your stock lip scraps often.

Last edited:
Yeah, no WW lip for me, even though I really like it. Plus, I'm in the process of putting Zanardi springs on my car, I went with them because they only drop the car about a half inch, yet still give great performance over stock however, I am really scared about the consequences of that mod. If you look closely at my Avatar you can even see my driveway has a good incline to it!!

Same thing happened to me.
But it was $104 shipped to my door.
I am going to use it as my track bra now. Also have the WW spoiler sitting on a shelf for another time.
I will have to order another now.
Len

Back