• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rodents on engine bay

Car have been park outside for 2 years. Mouse got into engine bay and chewing some wiring. I need help identify the other end of those plug and hose? Location is driver side under intake

1994 automatic NSX

Attachments

• 251B8CF9-C171-4615-AA23-DCFCF478D233.jpg
    251B8CF9-C171-4615-AA23-DCFCF478D233.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 291
  • A0540D83-7145-4B85-8DCB-1FA4E67A600F.jpg
    A0540D83-7145-4B85-8DCB-1FA4E67A600F.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
The connector is for the temperature sender.

It's not important what the application, the connector can be robbed from other Honda's in a salvage yard. Or you can try Cycleterminal.com, but crimping connectors require more tools. Much easier to just get a used connector and use generic butt connectors and crimps.

And the other is a vacuum hose, available at any auto parts store....but if you are already in a salvage yard, just get a length of matching hose in good condition from the donor car.

Your best bet it to get a matching connector with a length of wire attached, the hose, and take the car to an auto electrical place...they'll have you connected up in a few minutes with some waterproof connectors.

Last edited:
why did we ever start putting soy in rubber car parts....:rolleyes:

A few moth balls placed in strategic places in the engine compartment will keep rodents at bay.
H-

I left my car idle for a couple of months in my garage and found a possum had decided that a V6 was the perfect home. Luckily nothing was chewed, just had to brush out his supply of nuts off my engine. :smile:

Last edited:
Just be aware that there are DEEP valleys between the heads and in the intake that can hold a lot of dry organic matter. Get a crevice tool on your vacuum and remove the items before they burn up your engine compartment.

I see a lot of leaves in the rear valley from leaves that fall inside too, so for those that park under trees: check it out. I always look in this area when helping other NSXers.

If you have enough wire you may be able to rebuild the connector with new pins. You will need the proper removal tool (cheap on amazon), new pins and a crimper. I have done that on several cars. It may not be cost effective for just one connector. Plenty of places online sell plugs and pins. Hopefully you got lucky and thats all the damage they did! If so, you got off easy.

Thanks for the help guys.

I am trying to find all chewing wiring and solder then.

There is one more wiring I can’t find the other end. This is from the oil cooler and I believe is oil pressure ? I looks all over and can’t find the other end to solder back

Attachments

• 95CC0788-1F61-4AE3-876C-2D27E5F86F58.jpg
    95CC0788-1F61-4AE3-876C-2D27E5F86F58.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 137
If that is a single yellow / red wire then it is almost certainly the oil pressure warning switch connection T103. The screen grab from the service manual shows that T103 is connected into the engine wiring harness on the branch or the harness that splits off and goes over the back cam cover on the passenger side. You can see T103 at the very bottom on the right side in the picture.

View attachment 170536

I went out to see If I could take a photo on my 2000 showing the harness going over the cam cover; but, with aux air injection piping on the 2000 you can't see anything from the top side. You will have to find the harness on the top side and follow it down to see if you can spot where the wire for T103 originates.

As to soldering to make a repair, I recommend against it. Aside from the extreme difficulty associated with making a good solder joint in tight spaces, when you get the wire hot enough to insure a good joint the solder tends to migrate up the strands of the wire with results in a longer section of wire that is stiff and subject to fracture. I recommend that you use an uninsulated closed barrel crimp connector and once crimped (with the proper tool) insulate the connector with a heat shrink sleeve. I like these from Panduit; but there are others available.

BS22-M Panduit Corp | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey

There are solder impregnated splicing sleeves that are available that might do the trick such as this.

TE CONNECTIVITY BUTT SPLICE CONNECTOR,PK25 - Butt Splice Connectors - WWG10K486 | 10K486 - Grainger, Canada

I have no experience with them so can't advise on them being good or bad. Probably better than trying to do the repair with a soldering iron.

Back