• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RS*R Ran Up tested on my CTSC NSX (pics, dyno graphs, and overall disbelief inside)

I put some in the wifes lexus as a test before my car and hers is definitely running smoother with a noticeable difference keeping the speed up going uphill before the gearbox kicks down? Strange how to figure that out but it is more refined

Wanted to report back. I used a bottle of this in my dad's van 2012 honda odyssey and noticed little to no differences. The changed was done around a month ago and no noticable differences to engine smoothness under acceleration, idling sounds, etc etc. Was quite disappointed really. Still much too early to send for UOA. However, since I had an extra bottle sitting around, and my DD 335i is due for a changed (i change the oil every 5000-7500km), I might as well use it.

I just changed the oil of my 335i with fresh motul 300v and a bottle of ran up last week. My hopes weren't high initially since i did not get any good results with my dad's van. Immediately after the change, I fired her up and let it ran for a bit. After 10-15mins on the road, I actually noticed that the engine is a little bit more quiet. Not significatly, but a little bit. Could be placebo, or that it is new oil afterall. HOWEVER, after a couple more days of driving on this thing, the engine does feel noticably more smooth. Rev matching downshifts is much smoother, and even gear changes feels much more buttery smooth. The effects on my BMW is very gradual, it just keeps getting better and better! (It could also be because i am a city driver and don't drive for extended long distances to let the ran up coat the engine properly). Whether or not it is good for engine protection or that it helps in making more power is debatable still though.

But I am now sold on this thing. Not that i'll put a bottle of it in the NSX until at least I get the UOA done on my dad's van. (or someone out there please do it). Also, if anyone can do a GB that'll be awesome! I will for sure stock up a bit more.

Regan, any more updates on the RS*R additive?

Changed the oil in my car and thought, "dang, should have hit up Regan for this stuff."

Still good things Shawn. I cant confirm the boost gains because I've changed a lot of my setup and I might be down some boost right now from other things but otherwise the car is still very smooth and free revving. I have a couple extra bottles left...

Great...if you can part with the extra bottles, I'd be happy to take them off of your hands. PayPal good enough?

I tried the RSR Ran Up and it was put in at their facility for a free trial and dyno; nothing changed. My car had exactly the same amount of power pre and post additive. So based on my experience I will not be purchasing it.

I use it, no issues. Smooth idle, and feels quicker to rev. Want to add a capful to the CTSC the next oil change.

I also use it and could feel the difference upon putting it in my oil. I will now always have it in my car.

For SoCal people, RS*R often goes to automotive events, and if you buy from them at the event, it's $40 cash a bottle.

Rice pow-wow 4 U Yes?

!Hola Arrocera - Feliz Ano Nuevo!

Atencion!! Arroz! La RSR Ran**Up Jugo de Magia imagen para usted! aceite 5W-30 Pennzoil Platino + una oz Ran**Up + temperatura ambiente = 70F, humedad 44%,

Uno imagen - Tiempo Cero
Dos imagen - 2 segundos
-Sacudir violentamente-
Tres imagen - 10 segundos mas tarde
Ultimo imagen - !Ochocinco! segundos

Muchas !gracias! Hasta la vista!

*Nota - No hecho en China

View attachment 109098View attachment 109099View attachment 109100View attachment 109101

Last edited:
Más materiales como, ¿qué coño

Más materiales como, ¿qué coño

this has surpassed my Spanish comprehension.

the material is good....Si.
how you do all the punctuation marks?

- - - Updated - - -

I ran the last track day with NO Ran-Up. I miss it :( :( :(

next time...shake it up baby.

I used a oil additive made by lucas ... On my crappy lincoln ls did it for 3 years not a single prob with engine all i gained is better milage .... Again sorry for derail just mu 1 cent :))

hard to know how much the new cocktail changes the chemical composition or it just mix with the oil in suspense. I am glad more and more companies are going nano compare to the old days of slick 50 where the stuff just drops to the bottom.
BTW, after 6 days of post # 86, the mix stays the same. nothing settled on the bottom.

was there ever any consensus on the effects of running this on a stock CTSC setup? If the working assumption is that boost shouldn't be majorly affected throughout the rev range, then the only real loss is "potential" with a custom tune, right?

Last edited:
nope, that totally didn't make sense (autocorrect issues).

Basically, I have a CTSC setup with the standard "stock" tune. Wondering whether or not it's reasonable to add this without going to a custom tune?

I understand there's more potential with a custom tune, but wondering if I'd be doing more harm than good by adding it with a stock tune.

nope, that totally didn't make sense (autocorrect issues).

Basically, I have a CTSC setup with the standard "stock" tune. Wondering whether or not it's reasonable to add this without going to a custom tune?

I understand there's more potential with a custom tune, but wondering if I'd be doing more harm than good by adding it with a stock tune.
Got it.

I would have no issues adding Ran Up into my CTSC Oil. A cap full should do it. I initially observed a 1-2psi gain at the RSR facility and I can confirm, that will more data logs, many at WOT at the track, I'm only getting about a .5-.75psi increase in boost. That's still a consistent boost increase nontheless but not the 1-2psi as initially thought. I was a bit skeptical of that readout since it wasn't from my boost sensor but it is what it is.

I also wouldn't necessarily go into a custom tune. The tune on the CTSC is a conservative safe tune for your average street driven car. If you DO NOT track your car or if are NOT using water/meth or an intercooler/aftercooler there's no point going into a EMS or piggyback in my opinion. The factory CTSC does heatsoak (a lot) but it's a safe tune and all that happens is you lose a bit of power when it happens.

Got it.

I would have no issues adding Ran Up into my CTSC Oil. A cap full should do it. I initially observed a 1-2psi gain at the RSR facility and I can confirm, that will more data logs, many at WOT at the track, I'm only getting about a .5-.75psi increase in boost. That's still a consistent boost increase nontheless but not the 1-2psi as initially thought. I was a bit skeptical of that readout since it wasn't from my boost sensor but it is what it is.

I also wouldn't necessarily go into a custom tune. The tune on the CTSC is a conservative safe tune for your average street driven car. If you DO NOT track your car or if are NOT using water/meth or an intercooler/aftercooler there's no point going into a EMS or piggyback in my opinion. The factory CTSC does heatsoak (a lot) but it's a safe tune and all that happens is you lose a bit of power when it happens.

Awesome, thanks for the quick response! I've got some on the way now :)

Awesome, thanks for the quick response! I've got some on the way now :)

How do you like it so far?

- - - Updated - - -

Got it.

What size allen wrench are you using to take off the fill bolt? I want to change my CTSC oil, but have no idea what size the bolt is.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't put my bottle of RSR to work but this is what I came across today: http://archoil.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ir3bg0ESU

The ArchOil AR9300 looks like the one to try for FI cars.

Back