• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Run in with an F430

Just an FYI on E46 M3 quarter mile times..

SMG depending on Launch.

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0212ec_bmw_e46_m3_shifting/index.html

Table 1: Acceleration
0-60 ft 0-30 mph 0-60 mph 1/4-mile 1/4-mile
(sec.) (sec.) (sec.) (sec.) (mph)
Manual 2.47 2.22 5.22 13.40 105.4
Automated 1 3.40 3.83 7.65 15.27 99.4
Automated 3 2.61 2.41 5.85 14.13 101.8
Automated 5 2.50 2.31 5.47 13.67 104.1
Sequential 1 2.62 2.42 5.99 14.08 102.1
Sequential 5 2.60 2.40 5.51 13.66 104.6
Sequential 6 2.54 2.34 5.46 13.61 105.0
* Normally, acceleration figures are rounded to one decimal place. Two decimal places are used here to capture small differences, with numbers taken from the best run of each configuration. Run-to-run variation is practically never smaller than several hundredths.

Manual is around 13.4-6

That is dead even with all NSX's less 95-96. The NSX has Aerodynamic advantage .33 M3 .32 NSX (02 models .30).

New F430 does 11.7 quarter mile time.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=2906&page_number=2

There is something important to note when you're talking about "raping" other cars on the street. (other than please ask nicely before you rape them and wear protection) ;)

As a guy who is regularly driving something high performance and has yahoos in tweaked shitboxes want to take him on from time to time - I generally only "give it" until I feel I've established there's no chance, then I back off (usually not much higher than the speed limit - who wants problems with the cops?)

Based on this, somewhere in some Celica Tuning forum some guy is saying he KILLED a CLS 55 as he got into higher gears!!! Yeah buddy, brag away, its nice to dream...but I got off the throttle once I made my point, which was you were slower.

If you're gonna do these comparisons, then you need controlled conditions and two people who agree to the same rule - i.e. go to a drag strip.

Otherwise everyone is just talking shit! :)

Hey guys,
I agree with Stuntman's post. I run with the exotic sports car club in Calgary at Racecity speedway about 8 times a year and it is made up of mainly stock vehicles with some modified cars as well. There are a few stock nsx's, a couple of supercharged nsx's and lots of E46's of different state's of modification. As far as nsx's go, the stock ones are about the same and one member just recently installed a six speed and that has gained him about 3 carlengths more acceleration down a half mile front straight. I've never driven a supercharged nsx at the track but they appear to be slightly faster than a stock E46 for straightline performance. The E46's pull about 12 carlengths on me down the front straight and i have to play "catchup" in the corners with the help of race pads, all the suspension components upgraded and Pilot Sport Cups to do the job. Just like in drag racing it comes down to drivers skill but i would have to say that stock vs stock, the E46 is still a better performer. As for cars with 400hp+, they just dissappear down the straights and no late braking is gonna make up 30 carlengths (unless they cant drive very well at all)!

Hey guys,
The E46's pull about 12 carlengths on me down the front straight and i have to play "catchup" in the corners with the help of race pads, all the suspension components upgraded and Pilot Sport Cups to do the job.!

I seen a celica/supra 1983 pull 14 car lenghts on a e46m3 it depends on driving skill:)

That might have been me in my old '83 supra. I just sold it 3 months ago. It has a 7mgte engine out of a '90 supra turbo with some goodies in it. Do you live in Calgary as well?

Back