• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

running errands in the NSX is very inefficient

Joined
14 December 2003
Messages
5,343
Location
NSXPO '05, '10 & '15
I took the NSX out this morning to buy a half gallon of milk.

It took me an hour and a half, and 50 miles of vigorous driving, before I completed my mission.

I figured I spent $7 in gas plus some wear and tear on my NSX, before I spent the $2 to buy the half gallon of milk.

NSX's should come with a warning - it may not be cost effective to run small errands with the vehicle!! :biggrin:
 
NsXMas said:
I took the NSX out this morning to buy a half gallon of milk.

It took me an hour and a half, and 50 miles of vigorous driving, before I completed my mission.

I figured I spent $7 in gas plus some wear and tear on my NSX, before I spent the $2 to buy the half gallon of milk.

NSX's should come with a warning - it may not be cost effective to run small errands with the vehicle!! :biggrin:

So true...That's why they have Honda Civics!! :wink: :smile:
 
For some reason I use to drive about 200 miles a day on the same 3 mile loop without buying something (or did you ever see a milk shop in the middle of a racetrack?) :wink:
 
Yes, but you'd spend more than $7 for 1 & 1/2 hours of AWESOME entertainment like that: ie. Movies, out with friends, buying a console game, etc.. And renting a tux so you'd look as good as you would in an NSX definitely costs more, so the NSX is actually value for money. :D


btw, the cost of running a car has a lot with how you drive... ;) :D
 
what happened to the rest of this thread?
 
thankfully all the pointless posts were deleted :smile:
 
NSXrebel said:
what happened to the rest of this thread?


Deleted, as they should have been. :)

Anyway, back on topic. I was running some errands yesterday in the NSX and was supposed to visit a couple of sites for work but had some extra time to get there, and nothing urgent going on....so I ended up taking the long way there. Now, you have to understand, I was originally only about 5-10 miles from where I needed to be when I started, but managed to take the route that added an additional 40 miles or so to the route. Ahhh....I love to drive this car. :D
 
Mitch,

I went out to get a pack of smokes last night around the corner and the next thing I knew I was pulling into the gates at Englishtown's Raceway Park :biggrin:
 
BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Mitch,

I went out to get a pack of smokes last night around the corner and the next thing I knew I was pulling into the gates at Englishtown's Raceway Park :biggrin:


HAHAHA!!! Nice!! I like it. You better not have been smoking IN the NSX though. :tongue:
 
Meeyatch1 said:
HAHAHA!!! Nice!! I like it. You better not have been smoking IN the NSX though. :tongue:

I do smoke in the my car but never with the A/C or with the windows not fully down. I never use the ashtray and Im always careful to give the cig' butt a hearty flick so It doesnt get sucked into the Cantrell ACIS.... People get scared about water with this filter imagine one of this little cancer buggies getting sucked in... Im not concerned about resale value because im never selling her and suprising enough not even a hint of smoke smell.... I get the car odorized once a month (free dealership perk)
 
BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I do smoke in the my car but never with the A/C or with the windows not fully down. I never use the ashtray and Im always careful to give the cig' butt a hearty flick so It doesnt get sucked into the Cantrell ACIS.... People get scared about water with this filter imagine one of this little cancer buggies getting sucked in... Im not concerned about resale value because im never selling her and suprising enough not even a hint of smoke smell.... I get the car odorized once a month (free dealership perk)

I have to admit worse.... This won't happen in the NSX, but I do smoke cigars in the BMW!! The back windows flip out a bit and the smoke seems to travel nicely out of the car.. Amazingly it doesn't smell like stoogies.. I do this probably once a month, and I always go with the windows open, and never leave the ashes/butts in the car; that is the worst smell part..

In so far as errands....... Oh my, oh my... I took my NSX last night to take a trip with a friend of mine, well... I ended up leaving my V1 and my work laptop in the car, so I must go get it tomorrow..(the car is garaged 15 miles from my home).. The car is calling to me.. It wants to be driven.

-Jer
 
Nice new Avater!!!!

:biggrin:


BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I do smoke in the my car but never with the A/C or with the windows not fully down. I never use the ashtray and Im always careful to give the cig' butt a hearty flick so It doesnt get sucked into the Cantrell ACIS.... People get scared about water with this filter imagine one of this little cancer buggies getting sucked in... Im not concerned about resale value because im never selling her and suprising enough not even a hint of smoke smell.... I get the car odorized once a month (free dealership perk)
 
thanks, Im board as hell at work and finally got around to updating my AVITAR... Its Elisha Cuthbert from the Movie "The Girl Next Door".... I wish my neighbor looked half as good as her.
 
Reminds me of the funniest errand I've ever been on... we needed to go grocery shopping when my wife was about 6 months pregnant. She drove, we took the long way to the grocery store. She comes darting into the parking lot and got one of the front parking spots for "expectant mothers and those with infants". Nasty looks were given, until she stepped out in her full maternity coveralls - LOL.

Ryan
 
Back
Top