• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2K Cluster in NSX

Good news!!!!!!!

Got the temp gauge working 100% Took a few tries but the result is .... it works!

Here is a pic of the car just warming up.

IMG_0056.jpg

Here is a pic after driving for about 40 mins

IMG_0065.jpg

So ...I now have to get everything wired and taped how I want it. I'll have the final trim plate done on Wednesday. I should have everything buttoned up and completed by the end of the week. I'll post final pictures when I do.

Chris (apkarian100) thanks for all the technical help and harness wiring. Looks like we can put together pricing for a kit later this week if anyone is interested. I'll let Chris post the details under the vendor thread section.

If anyone is interested, please let Chris know.

I'm very happy Darrin and I got all the vital components working, and adding that carbon fiber trim will look very nice. It's been a great project and I'd love to do a couple more.

I was answering the guy above me as he had asked if it could be done to a teg. I understand the mess this is on a 6 cylinder car :)

Sure it can be done and it has been done ... but almost all those you metioned are 4 cyl. It's not that easy trying to swap into a 6 cyl. It has taken a lot of research, trial and error and then getting it to even fit in the NSX using stock parts has been a challenge.

The fact the this has not been done in an NSX yet (as far as we all know) has to say something. I am definately not the brains behind this converstion and the credit needs to go to Chriss (apkarian100). All I have done is the final fit and trim peices needed for final installation.

great job guys! erick should be real close to having mine done! how was the drive with it and as far as driving...how was the position of the tach and mph? as far as quick glance and glare? figured id be the first to ask :)

great job guys! erick should be real close to having mine done! how was the drive with it and as far as driving...how was the position of the tach and mph? as far as quick glance and glare? figured id be the first to ask :)

You can see everything perfectly through the steering wheeel. Glare ... no problelms, however when I have my targa off ... it gets a little hard to see everything due to the angle and depth of the cluster in the dash housing. The dpeth of the NSX dash limites how far the cluster can be set back.

You should not have this problem since you have a 1994. I am going play with this later this week. Chris and I have discussed this and we have a few ideas. I'll see how they work out later in the week

I got my final trim finsh today and I am going to apply the Carbon fiber tonight and let it set. I'll then mount the cluster to trim bezel and get ready for final installation. I post one again when I have it completed.

Great job!! A few questions for you:

1) Does it have an oil pressure and voltage gauge?
2) How do you get the mileage recorded correctly?
3) Is it going to be a plug & play installation?

The S2000 cluster does not have voltage or oil pressure. You'd have to get some external gauges to read those again.

We are currently testing a method on how to reprogram the mileage and we'll let you know if or when it works.

The wiring harness will be mainly plug and play, but there will be only a couple splices or crimps you'll need to make to have this installed.

As far as the fit and finish, there is also a little modification you would have to do to make this cluster fit.

Detailed instructions will be providing with the kit we are producing.

3) Is it going to be a plug & play installation?

i could see some sort of needle project for the guages. what if you took uv paint and ran some sort of black light and gave it the effect? or making a new needle and running some form of fiber optic through the needle. i know i know easier said than done. but im sure we could think of something cool like that lol

Hey all ... I am just gathering all the final things I need to proceed with a finished install.

Last night I taped up the harness, installed the harness in the rear dash area amd connected some wire leads that do not connect to the NSX cluster connectors.

I am now waiting for some parts for the aluminum trim finish. I was not overly happy with what I had designed for mounting hardware in the first place, so I decided to change it. This will make the install a little easier for those who want to order the trim plate or kit in the future.

I'll keep you up to date with my progress and will post final pictures when I have the install completed.

Thanks to all for looking at of being a part of this thread.

I wonder if powder coating the trim a wrinkle or matte black would give it a more OEM look.

I have several options available at my place of work.

1. Silk Screen Mat Black or Gloss Black
2. Powder Coat, Flat or Gloss Black
3. Any color paint at my friends body shop

I've chosen to do mine with Carbon Fiber vaneer. I went with a gloss finish but there is also a mat finish available.

Everyone has their own taste, so when we put together a kit, we'll simply provide the aluminum trim and then you can finish the trim to your liking.

That's been the thoughts so far unless there is an overweling vote for one finish over the other.

Ingenious.Much luck with getting all sensors hooked up and calibrated.Now if you want to attain an even higher level of prime awe and admiration,make the s2000 steering wheel work as well:biggrin:
+1000

Everything including the airbag (but I don't want to be the test dummy). Seriously, though... i'd love to get the S2k wheel on my NSX.

* I wouldn't mind even just a low oil pressure dummy light and low voltage dummy light. These gauges are valuable though.
* I'd like to know this also.

Reminds me of my 1984 Corvette!

Seriously, though. Really nice, professional work being done here.

Although, for me the OEM gauges are one of the nicest aspects of the NSX. If I owned a S2000, I might be tempted to install the NSX gauges into it.

-Jim

Too bad the NSX gauge cluster would never fit the S2000.

I just feel that the NSX gauges are very plain. They never really updated the gauge cluster, except for the NSX-R carbon face, but the NSX cluster has the same weird orange color, IMO.
Reminds me of my 1984 Corvette!

Seriously, though. Really nice, professional work being done here.

Although, for me the OEM gauges are one of the nicest aspects of the NSX. If I owned a S2000, I might be tempted to install the NSX gauges into it.

-Jim

I am also waiting for some pop rivet standoff spacers to arrive for the final assembly. These will secure the adaptor plate to the upper NSX brackets using the NSX hardware.

I was not happy with what I had in place if this is going to turn into a "KIT". By the sounds of things, there is intrest in a "KIT" so I am making sure that this portion of the "KIT" is done correctly & profresionally.

As Chris said ... we are also making a slight change in order to make the cluster POP! Results will be posted soon.

Thanks for keeping up with the thread.

Back