• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sad and Discouraged

I know the feeling, it took me awhile but I found the one I wanted. I was really fortunate to find someone locally so I didnt have to travel far. You'll definitely will find the want you want but it does take a little patience!! I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you'll find one soon.:smile: There is one for sale in colorado, PM for details if you like.

Tuttie_Phace said:
Sorry to hear about your experience. I exactly know how you feel. I recently drove all the way to florida to look at this car and was dissappointed extremely.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72906

In the end, found a clean example in tennessee. Just keep looking and you will find one.

I remember your post, i felt sorry for you when i read it.

I live in tennessee. Did you buy the car that was for sale in murfreesboro?

Your right IMO. For $53,500 I would expect nothing less than an 02 NSX with 50k miles or more. I have seen them out there too. So IMO I would start looking at a 02-05 NSX since prices have seemed to slightly been dropping.

Good luck.

comtec said:
You guys can say i did the wrong thing or it was dumb for me to walk away for $1k, thats fine. But if i purchased the car adding in all the taxes and expenses the total cost would have been 53,500. For that much on a 1997 car i will not accept any prior body work. I should have just walked away when i noticed it but i still made him the offer. Thinking about it now after getting some sleep, i am glad that he did not accept it.

The bottom line is that if it is not exactly what you want, move on. Or else you would not be happy and start questioning yourself whether you've made the right decision.

comtec said:
I remember your post, i felt sorry for you when i read it.

I live in tennessee. Did you buy the car that was for sale in murfreesboro?

I purchased terrypancakes car from nashville

NsXMas said:
Dealerships don't check for body damage. They check for mechanical condition.

To check for body damage, a reputable body shop should be used. A mechanic is not the best expert to note body damage.

I'm not sure if the lawsuit would be thrown out as frivilous in court. The seller did not intentionally seek to defraud the buyer, as the posts seem to imply. It seems he/she was unaware of the painting.

Again, the painting/overspray could be just a minor cosmetic effect, not a sign of serious body damage. The buyer would have to prove that the car was not a "clean" vehicle. And the condition "clean" would have to be 100% spelled out in a contract to warrant liability. Most private sales are "as is" basis and have no recourse beyond that.

He has a case in small claims court for the amount of his travel expenses, based on representations made by seller and the dealership. Period.

comtec,

after my experience with two (2) NSX owners in past 2 days, I'm slightly disappointed in some of the owners also.

Read this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77968

I'm not going to talk about the other seller until I recieve his response. But so far, I was totally off guard by supposely mature "Supercar" owners. I think sometimes it worse than some of the RX7 kids I've dealt with...

Sorry to hear about that comtec. I'm pretty sure everyone can figure out which car you're talking about. I was looking at that car as well and I'm glad I decided to pass.

I'll also add my bad experience as well. I looked at a 2003 Black/Black in Seattle being sold by a dealer(still listed in autotrader for those of you who might be considering it). He told me it was in showroom condition. He assured me he wouldn't waste my time by lying to me knowing I'm flying in from socal. Well, I was ready to fly in and buy the car, but thought it would be prudent to ask a local NSX owner to check te car out for me.

Luckily, a prime member offered to check the car out. He reported back that the car had a scratch and two burn marks from a buffing machine and that the car was a B+. Dealer claimed his guy was waxing it that day and much have messed up. He said he would repaint the door. Needless to say, I didn't buy the car.

This experience was an eye-opener for me. People actually DO blatently lie and hope that you because you are so eager and because you've spent so much time and money, you will buy the car anyway even if it isn't in the condition they said it was in.

I was getting impatient and wanted an NSX NOW, and almost made a bad mistake. I hope all of you looking for your NSX remain patient and realize that there are alot of dishonest people out there.

I'm sorry to hear about that. I know the feeling of dissapointment in regards to cars (but on a smaller scale). Think about it this way: At least you HAVE the option of buying a beautiful pristine NSX when the opportunity presents itself. I, on the other hand, will probably have to wait close to a decade to be able to afford one (poor college kid here). I know that doesn't help much, but at least when you get "the one" you'll be thanking yourself for walking out on this one. It sure is cliched, but I am a fir believer in "good things come to those who wait". Good luck!

poncekim said:
Sorry to hear about that comtec. I'm pretty sure everyone can figure out which car you're talking about. I was looking at that car as well and I'm glad I decided to pass.

I'll also add my bad experience as well. I looked at a 2003 Black/Black in Seattle being sold by a dealer(still listed in autotrader for those of you who might be considering it). He told me it was in showroom condition. He assured me he wouldn't waste my time by lying to me knowing I'm flying in from socal. Well, I was ready to fly in and buy the car, but thought it would be prudent to ask a local NSX owner to check te car out for me.

Luckily, a prime member offered to check the car out. He reported back that the car had a scratch and two burn marks from a buffing machine and that the car was a B+. Dealer claimed his guy was waxing it that day and much have messed up. He said he would repaint the door. Needless to say, I didn't buy the car.

This experience was an eye-opener for me. People actually DO blatently lie and hope that you because you are so eager and because you've spent so much time and money, you will buy the car anyway even if it isn't in the condition they said it was in.

I was getting impatient and wanted an NSX NOW, and almost made a bad mistake. I hope all of you looking for your NSX remain patient and realize that there are alot of dishonest people out there.

I'm glad you caught it before you flew up there.
When i was first looking at the car back in 2001 (if you search my old SN: Herblenny) another NSX owner completely lied to me about that car also. Luckily at that time the car was only 1 1/2 hours away. But yesterday's experience pissed the hell out of me because I thought an older, suppsed to be a business owner wouldn't lie about the condition of the car. He even went far as telling me he owned couple of RX7 before and sounded like he knew and had high expectation about cars... When I looked at it, it was never waxed nor taken car of. He didn't even know where jack points were. BIG disappointment.

Deals Gap said:
comtec,

after my experience with two (2) NSX owners in past 2 days, I'm slightly disappointed in some of the owners also.

Read this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77968

I'm not going to talk about the other seller until I recieve his response. But so far, I was totally off guard by supposely mature "Supercar" owners. I think sometimes it worse than some of the RX7 kids I've dealt with...

Yes it looks like you, me and Tuttie_Phace all have had the same luck lately.

I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone that has posted their support. It really means alot to have most of you say i did the right thing.

Just to let you know i have already been in contact with 2 other owners about their cars. I will not let this get me down or delay my search at all.

Once again
Thank You
Mike

Thanks poncekim,
I thought most people if they looked in the nsxprime market could figure it out. I have seen and driven the car if anyone is interested in it. I would be glad to tell you what i know about the car.

Mike

It just keeps getting better.

Not only was the car not as stated by the owner. When i arrived on the way to his house in the cab i called him to let him know i would be there shortly. He said i meant to tell you i would pick you up (how convenient since he knew i was already in the cab). When we couldn't come to an agreement on the car i asked the owner if he could give me a ride back to the airport. With hesitation he said yes. About 5 min later he went in his house and come back out with a phone book in his hand. He said my wife has already made dinner arrangements do you want me to call you a cab?

I am out $2k in expenses and yet today I received my $1k deposit back. But it wasn't $1k, it was $986. Why was that? Because he took the wire transfer fee from my deposit.

Last edited:
Comtec, you did the right thing by not buying it. I wouldn't have even offered him to reduce the price. I would have been upset in my mind "wow...I wasted all this money to see an NSX in person.." Since you noticed the overspray easily, then it was a bad job. You don't want to drive a two color tone NSX down the road; who knows what happen to that car since the seller doesn't have any record of it. One day, you'll find the right one...you need to be patience.

I feel for you.. I'm definitely having a bad taste in my mouth with the two NSX owners I've met this weekend. Totally discouraged of even thinking about buying one!

The seller emailed me this few minutes ago...

Good luck to you, Phil – you’ll be driving a cheap compact the rest of your life.

Funny things is, all my cars are paid for (all 5 cars) and each of my Rx7s (2) are far more in value than his NSX. And he was trying to sell his junk NSX to buy a truck when I came down there with money from my checking instead of getting a loan.

I'm beginning to see some trend with all the NSX owners I've met. The first the guy back in end of 2000- 2001, the titanium rotor NSX in Nashville, now the guy in ATL and in Pensacola, FL.... Never I had any issue dealing with people with RX7s.. Does NSX makes you into a prick?? If it does, I don't want one:)

Anyway...I met a prick who drives an RX-7 last month...I guess all RX-7 owners are prick eh? LOL. Since you have two, it should make you a bigger prick right? It's too bad you met some bad apples, but doesn't mean that all of them are rotten in the field.

Deals Gap said:
I feel for you.. I'm definitely having a bad taste in my mouth with the two NSX owners I've met this weekend. Totally discouraged of even thinking about buying one!

Funny things is, all my cars are paid for (all 5 cars) and each of my Rx7s (2) are far more in value than his NSX. And he was trying to sell his junk NSX to buy a truck when I came down there with money from my checking instead of getting a loan.

I'm beginning to see some trend with all the NSX owners I've met. The first the guy back in end of 2000- 2001, the titanium rotor NSX in Nashville, now the guy in ATL and in Pensacola, FL.... Never I had any issue dealing with people with RX7s.. Does NSX makes you into a prick?? If it does, I don't want one:)

NRG said:
Comtec, you did the right thing by not buying it. I wouldn't have even offered him to reduce the price. I would have been upset in my mind "wow...I wasted all this money to see an NSX in person.." Since you noticed the overspray easily, then it was a bad job. You don't want to drive a two color tone NSX down the road; who knows what happen to that car since the seller doesn't have any record of it. One day, you'll find the right one...you need to be patience.

Thanks NRG,
At the time i had been up like 21 hours. After i got some sleep the next day, i was glad that he didn't take my reduced offer. There were other things wrong with the car but not major like the paint.

Mike

NRG said:
Anyway...I met a prick who drives an RX-7 last month...I guess all RX-7 owners are prick eh? LOL. Since you have two, it should make you a bigger prick right? It's too bad you met some bad apples, but doesn't mean that all of them are rotten in the field.

LOL! Maybe??? I think its because it happened back to back over the weekend. and haven't had any luck so far. Just bad taste in my mouth.

Deals Gap said:

Don't let these few guys stop you from getting what you want. I am still going to get my NSX.

From my short time on the forum I have received lots of advice and support from many of the NSX owners here at nsxprime. They seem to go out of there way to help others. I had a few different cars in mind a few months ago and the members here are one of the reasons i decided on the nsx. Don't get me wrong, i love the nsx but being part of the nsxprime community is an added bonus. So i don't think that the car makes you a prick. The fact is if all you have to do is buy in (by the car to be an owner) than you will get all types of people even pricks.

I've had a similar experience looking for a dream car. Years ago, I made a deal on a 93 300ZX. It was beautiful, not perfect, but unique in colour combinations etc. I gave the owner a deposit, had the money wired to him, encurring several fees, only to have him back out because another guy offered him a few hundered more. Dick.

A week later I found another one, this time perfect. It was owned by a collector who bought it, stored it and was only selling it to make room for something else. A year later I sold it for more than I paid.

It took me 3 months to find my NSX. Keep looking. You won't be dissappointed.:smile:

Guys don't get me wrong. It was a nice car and i thought the paint matched exactly. And as i said before the overspray could be taken care of with a little work (by hand). The fact is i didn't buy the car because i want all the paint to be original (picky). I could find no evidence that the car had been wrecked, in fact i found an old ad for the car prior to the current owner and in the discription i believe is the reason the driver side rear fender was repainted.

On the out side there are no visible door dings , very few stone nicks on the leading edge of the hood, and only the odd surface scratch here or there. Specifically on the Dr side rear fender flare face there are several scratches... not noticable in the show room, but should be mentioned. The paint work overall has extremely high levels of shine and is very original. The body kit matches perfectly in both shine and fit and finish.

It just keeps getting better.

Not only was the car not as stated by the owner. When i arrived on the way to his house in the cab i called him to let him know i would be there shortly. He said i meant to tell you i would pick you up (how convenient since he knew i was already in the cab). When we couldn't come to an agreement on the car i asked the owner if he could give me a ride back to the airport. With hesitation he said yes. About 5 min later he went in his house and come back out with a phone book in his hand. He said my wife has already made dinner arrangements do you want me to call you a cab?

I am out $2k in expenses and yet today I received my $1k deposit back. But it wasn't $1k, it was $986. Why was that? Because he took the wire transfer fee from my deposit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by comtec : Today at 17:09.

I just realized that this thread was posted here by "comtec". This is my car and some of these comments seem as though they give a negative representation of me. I will post a very detailed pic of the only problem he had with my car. He said that it showed some signs of some touch up paint on the rear fender. He thought there were some scratches there at one time and the dealer I bought the car from had them fixed. I looked this car over very well when I purchased it. I have had this car at many car shows. Other NSX enthusiasts have checked it out. Never has anyone pointed out the little bit of dullness in the paint on the inside of the door jam. There is no contrast in paint on the outside. The car is perfect. I do not think it would be out of line for a 1997 automobile to get scratched and touched up. There is also a body kit that had to be painted. If there were ever scrathes of any kind on the car, I am glad the previous owner cared enough about the car to have it repaired. Comtec, you have the right to buy or not buy something. I did not care if you didn't buy it. You know I was not happy about selling it anyway. I am sorry you spent all the money and didn't have anything to show for it. But for a 1997 NSX, I don't know how you could give it any less than a 9 out of 10. Yes, it has normal wear, some small rock chips, and very minor imperfections. I realized this when I bought the car. If you want it to be absolutley perfect, you might have to go with something that is not 10 years old. I too would love to have a perfect 2005 NSX with no imperfections, but could not afford that right now. The car runs perfect, no engine or electrical issues, and you can't say the interior is not in amazing condition. You drove the car, you felt how it handled. This was your first time being in a NSX. Maybe you were expecting something else. I always take very good care of my cars and I think this one is the best example of that.
Also, I did not take $14 dollars from your deposit. I had nothing to do with the wire transfer. I don't know what US bank charges for a wire transfer. You cannot possibly think after meeting me and seeing what type of person I am, that I would be childish enough to keep $14 dollars from you. I am sorry I cannot control a banks policy. And as for the airport, I did not realize that this was part of my responsibility. This was a friday night, my girlfriend is in town for only two nights a week. She made dinner plans. I am sure there are other members that hear what I am saying when I tell you girfriends/wives do not like cars coming before them.
All in all, sorry this was a bad experience for you. But to come on this site and make it sound like I misrepresented my NSX in anyway is way offline. I really think you were expecting this car to be a 2005. I never said that. Once again it is a 1997. I bought the car because it is the best example of a low miles 1997 acura NSX that I could find, after looking for a long time. I hope this clears things up. If this was a web community that I did not respect I would not care. Out of all the auto sites I have been a part of, Prime has always seemed to have the best content. Nobody likes to have there character quetioned. thanks xtter

I have added some pics. I know they are some what blurry, best I could do, that close up.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j7/shaenicely/nsx054.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j7/shaenicely/nsx050.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j7/shaenicely/nsx052.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j7/shaenicely/nsx051.jpg

Last edited:
In this case opportunity favors the prepared and patient :smile: Success with your search!

Back