• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sad and Discouraged

I read your post's and made valid comments based on them.
Again you are wasting people's time by looking at car so picky, it is up to you to tell them upfront,and not let them wait for you to come out and find some brake dust on the car and back out of the deal. Just be upfront your looking for perfection, then they can decide if they want to waste the time trying to sell to you.

comtec said:
What the hell are you talking about? Read all the posts before you start running off at the mouth.

Well i have had about 40 cars that i was happy with over the years. How many have you had? (Hint) your matchbox cars don't count. Go back to the sandbox and leave the car talk to adults.

I read your post's and made valid comments based on them.
Again you are wasting people's time by looking at car so picky, it is up to you to tell them upfront,and not let them wait for you to come out and find some brake dust on the car and back out of the deal. Just be upfront your looking for perfection, then they can decide if they want to waste the time trying to sell to you.

See you haven't read the posts. I'll type this real slow. I asked him if all the paint was original and he said yes. All the paint was not original so I past. How do you equate that with finding some brake dust and backing out. Also wanting a car with original paint is not wanting perfection.

Since this is the second time that i have stated this to you i can only conclude that you are a little slow so if you need me to repeat it again, just ask.

I've been lurking on this thread for a couple of days now, and I completely agree with your decision to not buy the car. Mainly because you sound a lot like a few of the ultra-detail oriented folks like myself. I looked for over a year, making sure I bought the right one. When I found it, I bought it. A friend of mine bought one shortly after me, and his was the closest I've seen a 91 be to perfect. He bought his for 36,500, and it is in much better shape than the one you are describing here (there was one tiny scrape on the lower front spoiler, literally - that was it). For the amount of money you want to spend, be picky. Otherwise, you'll never be happy with the vehicle. It's a tough car to find a good example of. Plain and simple. From the sellers prior posts, and the other details you've included about the car's previous life, I would not have bought it either. Stand strong my man, that's the only way to be.

comtec said:
See you haven't read the posts. I'll type this real slow. I asked him if all the paint was original and he said yes. All the paint was not original so I past. How do you equate that with finding some brake dust and backing out. Also wanting a car with original paint is not wanting perfection.

Since this is the second time that i have stated this to you i can only conclude that you are a little slow so if you need me to repeat it again, just ask.

I can't believe I've wasted THIS much time on this but........

You've bought 40 cars ?!?!?! :eek:

So THAT explains it then. You're NOT an inexperienced/immature/novice buyer then. You're senile ! :eek:

You said
I also have the email where i asked you if all the paint on the car is original, you replyed "All paint is original. Match is perfect."

This statement from the buyer is clearly contradictory - are you telling us this didn't raise a "red flag" to you before you went to see the car ? Did you NOT questions him further (or is that "farther" ? :biggrin: ) on this ?

And you KNEW it had a body kit so how could all the paint be "original" anyway ?

The car is TEN YEARS OLD and you apparently want a NEW ONE. So buy a new one then...... oops, I guess you can't. :redface: :biggrin:

You're absolutely right, it's YOUR money and you should spend it any way you like, but you know what ? It sounds to me like the other guy's right - you'll always find something wrong with a car !

The solution is simple - You and "Deals" both should ALWAYS buy new ! :wink:

Last edited:
Ski_Banker said:
He had already wired money to purchase the vehicle. I'm assuming he has proof of what had been represented. That is the difference...go chase used car dealers to get rich if you want, but you'll be hard pressed to get a penny more than out of pocket expenses and only after you've contracted with the seller.

Uhh..period.

Sorry SB but from what I've read comtec wouldn't have a case.

A "clean" 97 (10 year old car), IMO, having some apparently very good paintwork done to it, does not sound to me like the car was materially misrepresented and I doubt a small claims court judge would rule in favor of the claimant based on the "facts" represented here. :wink:

(Then again, WTF do *I* know ??? (LOL))

jonas1jp said:
I've been lurking on this thread for a couple of days now, and I completely agree with your decision to not buy the car. Mainly because you sound a lot like a few of the ultra-detail oriented folks like myself. I looked for over a year, making sure I bought the right one. When I found it, I bought it. A friend of mine bought one shortly after me, and his was the closest I've seen a 91 be to perfect. He bought his for 36,500, and it is in much better shape than the one you are describing here (there was one tiny scrape on the lower front spoiler, literally - that was it). For the amount of money you want to spend, be picky. Otherwise, you'll never be happy with the vehicle. It's a tough car to find a good example of. Plain and simple. From the sellers prior posts, and the other details you've included about the car's previous life, I would not have bought it either. Stand strong my man, that's the only way to be.

Thank You for the support.

Yes i have had over 40 cars in the past 27 years.

Ok, i didn't think i needed to do this but here is the exact question i asked him.

"Is the all the paint (except ww/kit) original? Also how does the paint look on the ww/kit (match to original)?"

Why the hell do a couple of you guys keep saying the same things over and over? Just because i want the car to have original paint does not mean that i want a perfect car. I don't see why it is hard to understand. Your statement only makes since if every used car had been repainted. And yes, if all used cars had been repainted i would by a new one (if i could still find one new) I don't want a new one because i perfer the popup headlights to the fixed. You guys keep reading more into this than has been posted so please stop going beyond the paint. If all the paint had been original I would have bought the car. I was told there were some rock chips on the front of the car. Guess what, when i saw the car there were some rock chips on the car. Didn't bother me at all because i expected them to be there.

I will state this again, I am not looking for a perfect car just one that has original paint. Although if i find a perfect one i wont pass it up.:smile:

NSX-GUY said:
Hey, wait a minute !!! How about me ??? :confused:

[/FONT]

*I* supported your decision too !! :wink:

You're absolutely right, it's YOUR money and you should spend it any way you like, but you know what ? It sounds to me like the other guy's right - you'll always find something wrong with a car !
That does not sound like support to me. If it was an attempt at support and that was your purpose than thank you.

NSX-GUY said:
The car is TEN YEARS OLD and you apparently want a NEW ONE. So buy a new one then...... oops, I guess you can't. :redface: :biggrin:

What do you care if he wants to be picky about the car he spends his hard-earned money on? I just bought a 2000 s2k in May. It's original in-service date was 10/99. It is PERFECT. There are people out there that take serious pride in the cleanliness of their cars, me being one of them. Even the engine bay of the s2k gets cleaned every time I wash it. Again, the car is PERFECT. Isn't this why we're all here on Prime. We share an interest in one of the greatest cars ever built. When you get people like us together, you get several of us who are crazy picky - it comes with the territory. Some of those crazy picky people are ones that bought the car brand new, and have taken extraordinary care of the car. I'd be happy to refer you to one that's 30 miles from me that is a Prime members perfect NSX, and it's a 91. It may take me another year or two to find the one I want. It has to be one of two years, one color. I'm willing to wait, because I know what I want and I'm not settling for anything less. I'm glad there are guys out there willing to settle, that way it will be sold by the time I come across it.

What you really didnt need to do was start this thread in the first place, if you didn't want people's opinions on the situation both positive and negative then you should of kept your mouth shut or handled it privatley. Instead of dragging a sellers name through the mud even though it sounds as if it isn't deserved.You deserve the feedback you get both good and bad.And again you offered 52,500 for the car so the car wasnt materially misrepresented and yes you do sound like the type that would find some other pidly thing wrong and bitch about that, hence the reaction from most people.Again it's your right not to buy the car, but once you put money down and say its sold and then make him wait for you to show up only to find a minor flaw(which most people wouldnt see as a flaw) and back out of the deal, it's your fault and you should of been upfront of what would be a deal breaker and what wouldnt.

I find the buyer more at fault here then the seller.
The seller had every right to keep his deposit

comtec said:
Yes i have had over 40 cars in the past 27 years.

Ok, i didn't think i needed to do this but here is the exact question i asked him.

"Is the all the paint (except ww/kit) original? Also how does the paint look on the ww/kit (match to original)?"

Why the hell do a couple of you guys keep saying the same things over and over? Just because i want the car to have original paint does not mean that i want a perfect car. I don't see why it is hard to understand. Your statement only makes since if every used car had been repainted. And yes, if all used cars had been repainted i would by a new one (if i could still find one new) I don't want a new one because i perfer the popup headlights to the fixed. You guys keep reading more into this than has been posted so please stop going beyond the paint. If all the paint had been original I would have bought the car. I was told there were some rock chips on the front of the car. Guess what, when i saw the car there were some rock chips on the car. Didn't bother me at all because i expected them to be there.

I will state this again, I am not looking for a perfect car just one that has original paint. Although if i find a perfect one i wont pass it up.:smile:

Who cares what any of us clowns think! Go buy a beautiful NSX and drive it! I think your next post should be titled:

"I Just Bought the Car of My Dreams!"

Go live life at 8000 rpm and let us know what you think.:biggrin:

nsxman222 said:
What you really didnt need to do was start this thread in the first place, if you didn't want people's opinions on the situation both positive and negative then you should of kept your mouth shut or handled it privatley. Instead of dragging a sellers name through the mud even though it sounds as if it isn't deserved.You deserve the feedback you get both good and bad.And again you offered 52,500 for the car so the car wasnt materially misrepresented and yes you do sound like the type that would find some other pidly thing wrong and bitch about that, hence the reaction from most people.Again it's your right not to buy the car, but once you put money down and say its sold and then make him wait for you to show up only to find a minor flaw(which most people wouldnt see as a flaw) and back out of the deal, it's your fault and you should of been upfront of what would be a deal breaker and what wouldnt.

I was looking for input good and bad. But a couple of you guys keep saying the same thing over and over after i have answered it numerous times already. Once again you show you have not read the thread. I offered $45k for the car, if you had read the posts i stated that with the cost of the car +taxes + expenses i was spending around $53.5k.

A completely repainted rear quarter panel that was not finished corectly is not a minor flaw.

swbatte said:
Who cares what any of us clowns think! Go buy a beautiful NSX and drive it! I think your next post should be titled:

"I Just Bought the Car of My Dreams!"

Go live life at 8000 rpm and let us know what you think.:biggrin:

Hopefully very soon.:smile:

NSX-GUY said:
Sorry SB but from what I've read comtec wouldn't have a case.

A "clean" 97 (10 year old car), IMO, having some apparently very good paintwork done to it, does not sound to me like the car was materially misrepresented and I doubt a small claims court judge would rule in favor of the claimant based on the "facts" represented here. :wink:

(Then again, WTF do *I* know ??? (LOL))

He may very well not. But if it were ME, and I was at the point of already wiring money (ie, under contract) the purchase contract would in writing spell out the PPI representations from Acura and the condition of the vehicle such as "all original paint." And if I flew out, glanced at the car and realized that the sellers representations had been materially mistated, I would seek recourse for my time and out of pocket expenses, under such a breach of contract.

If comtec wasn't such a thorough buyer, then, you're right... good luck proving anything.

not a court in the world would give you any money for no original paint
they would laugh and point and then tell you to get the heck out the court room as your wasting peoples time

Ski_Banker said:
He may very well not. But if it were ME, and I was at the point of already wiring money (ie, under contract) the purchase contract would in writing spell out the PPI representations from Acura and the condition of the vehicle such as "all original paint." And if I flew out, glanced at the car and realized that the sellers representations had been materially mistated, I would seek recourse for my time and out of pocket expenses, under such a breach of contract.

If comtec wasn't such a thorough buyer, then, you're right... good luck proving anything.

nsxman222 said:
not a court in the world would give you any money for no original paint
they would laugh and point and then tell you to get the heck out the court room as your wasting peoples time

Being "laughed out of the courtroom" is a bold assertion. What are your qualifications?

I deal with reps and warranties on a daily basis, but, *I'll represent* I'm not a lawyer. We're talking breach of contract, not paint.

BTW -- I'm not advising "being litigious"

jonas1jp said:
What do you care if he wants to be picky about the car he spends his hard-earned money on?

I DON'T care as per my previous statement "You're absolutely right, it's YOUR money and you should spend it any way you like". But HE brought this to the forum, not me, and like YOU, I have every right to comment on the situation, no ? I mean, this IS a "discussion forum", is it not ? :rolleyes:

I just bought a 2000 s2k in May. It's original in-service date was 10/99. It is PERFECT.

Wanna bet ? :tongue: Kindly define "perfect" - YOUR definition of course because I'm betting mine is different. :cool:

I'd be happy to refer you to one that's 30 miles from me that is a Prime members perfect NSX, and it's a 91.

Wanna bet ? :smile:

Ski_Banker said:
He may very well not. But if it were ME, and I was at the point of already wiring money (ie, under contract) the purchase contract would in writing spell out the PPI representations from Acura and the condition of the vehicle such as "all original paint."

THAT, of course, is (or sounds like) a completely different story. I don't recall anywhere there being any such written agreement here. :wink:

nsxman222 said:

Note to self: Never buy a car from you!

He came in here to blow off some well-deserved steam. He should accept nothing less than what he wants. Period!

I agree...the guy just lost 2K for nothing...

If someone believe that the buyer should not received his deposit back after the misleading information, then i'm selling a Porsche Turbo for 20K with 9.999 out of 10 condition. Send me a deposit of 1K, but don't blame me if you find out that it had body painted. And no refund on deposit. LOL.

djdrock said:
Note to self: Never buy a car from you!

He came in here to blow off some well-deserved steam. He should accept nothing less than what he wants. Period!

NRG said:

If someone believe that the buyer should not received his deposit back after the misleading information, then i'm selling a Porsche Turbo for 20K with 9.999 out of 10 condition. Send me a deposit of 1K, but don't blame me if you find out that it had body painted. And no refund on deposit. LOL.

The non-"buyer" DID get back his deposit (well, except for $14) :wink:

no that would an outright lie.
just because num nuts has a trick to shine a flashlight to see if a good repaint has taken place is not a misrepresentation.
its a buyer wasting people's time

Just as you did with this post

NRG said:

nsxman222 - it seems to me the basic fault of the seller is that he misrepresented that the car had original paint. The buyer specifically asked the seller a question about that. And the seller lied. So the buyer has a legitimate beef. If the seller had said up front that "No, the car has some new paint" the buyer would have decided "That car's not for me" so he wouldn't spend the money to fly.

There is no reason for anyone here to criticize the buyer for wanting original paint.

The car in question may be otherwise very nice and deserve to be purchased by someone. But it didn't meet the requirements of this particular buyer so he had every reason not to buy it and get his deposit back.

nsxman222 said:
no that would an outright lie.
just because num nuts has a trick to shine a flashlight to see if a good repaint has taken place is not a misrepresentation.
its a buyer wasting people's time

Just as you did with this post

You must be about 10 years old, because now you are name calling, and you can't even spell correctly. :biggrin: A buyer wasting people's time...? Go play in the Neon forums.

Back