• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sad and Discouraged

There is no contrast in paint on the outside.

You should have read the post above yours.

He said that it showed some signs of some touch up paint on the rear fender.

There is a difference between touchup paint and the entire fender being repainted. If there is no overspray then why did you say as i was leaving that you would get the person that repainted your spoiler to fix it?

There is also a body kit that had to be painted. If there were ever scrathes of any kind on the car, I am glad the previous owner cared enough about the car to have it repaired.

This was nowhere near the body kit. Here is the link to the ebay seller that talks of the scratches on the fender, yet there are none on the car. Is this not the dealer you bought from? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...QcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ5337QQitemZ4635739544

But for a 1997 NSX, I don't know how you could give it any less than a 9 out of 10.

If i read your for sale post correctly it says 9.9999 out of 10. I also have the email where i asked you if all the paint on the car is original, you replyed "All paint is original. Match is perfect."

I will post a very detailed pic of the only problem he had with my car.

If you put some light on the area everyone could see it. Or how about a closeup of the intake vent. Or maybe one where the fender meets the rear glass. I know how about one at the back of the fender. All of these areas you saw. You even showed your wife the one in the door jamb. The only problem that i mentioned. I did not mention that in the hood area the brackets were covered with surface rust, in the engine bay there was alot of surface corrosion for the amout of miles or that all three of the rear lenses were leaking water.

This was your first time being in a NSX. Maybe you were expecting something else.

I think we talked about this problem for 30 or 45 min before i drove the car.

Also, I did not take $14 dollars from your deposit. I had nothing to do with the wire transfer. I don't know what US bank charges for a wire transfer.

If you remember, i sent you the deposit by wire transfer. I did not tell my bank that i was paying the fee it was just charged to me because i was making the transfer. Why would they charge it to the recipient if you didn't tell them to. If you owe a business $1k and you wire transfer the money to them they would not accept $986.

btw, I didn't feel right about the crack i made with your name or posting the link to your car so i removed it 1 hour before your post. You just put it back in the thread.

Last edited:
xtter,
I have a question about your ad.

I just bought this car in beginning of summer for $46,300 OTD

What does OTD mean because in this post you state that the dealer won't go less than $44.5k? Also you mention in the post that the car was online on ebay but when i was there you told me you didn't know it was on ebay. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70051

In your post to this thread you keep stating that it is a 9 for a 1997. Thats how you should have stated it in the ad.

correct OTD= OUT THE DOOR
Thank you for being so interested in my previous posts. $46,300 is what the price came out to after everything. The car was brought to my attention by a fellow enthusiast who saw it first on ebay, then told me it was at Auto Assets. So no, I did not buy it off ebay. I don't know why you keep going on about this. I just wanted to clear my name. I even tried to call you. Everyone understands that you did not buy the car. That's fine, this was not the one for you. I am not mad about it. I love the car. If it sells fine, it will help free up some money that I need. If not, that's more than ok too.I hope you find the perfect car for you.:wink:

Deals Gap said:
Funny things is, all my cars are paid for (all 5 cars) and each of my Rx7s (2) are far more in value than his NSX.

Out of curiosity are your RX7s both really low miles cars? Or do you just value this particular NSX as maybe a $17K ish car (like I would)?

comtec said:
If i read your for sale post correctly it says 9.9999 out of 10. I also have the email where i asked you if all the paint on the car is original, you replyed "All paint is original. Match is perfect."

Comtec, some people have completely different standard as you and when they say 9.9999 out of 10 or "Match is perfect" it actually means its not in perfect condition.. I've learned this lesson on this forum...
I'll also post about my experience with the wheels tomorrow, if I don't hear back from the seller by tomorrow morning..

Thank you for being so interested in my previous posts.

I read all your old posts when i first started looking at your car. Alot of people when they have problems with their car will post about it. So it is a good way of finding thinks out about a car.

Deals Gap said:
Comtec, some people have completely different standard as you and when they say 9.9999 out of 10 or "Match is perfect" it actually means its not in perfect condition.. I've learned this lesson on this forum...
I'll also post about my experience with the wheels tomorrow, if I don't hear back from the seller by tomorrow morning..

lol

Ski_Banker said:
He has a case in small claims court for the amount of his travel expenses, based on representations made by seller and the dealership. Period.
Really?

That would be great to know. Do you know of any actual court cases where the potential buyer won, with similar facts as this?

I'd love to know, as I spent days shopping for cars, and have ran into cars that were not as advertised, or at least as my interpretation of the advertisement.

I'd love to go to small claims court and try to get money for this, if what you say is true. :wink:

Scanning the auto-trader ads, and the local paper ads, I'd be a wealthy man if I just shopped cars all day, and then went to small claims court to sue the sellers. :tongue:

NsXMas said:
Really?

That would be great to know. Do you know of any actual court cases where the potential buyer won, with similar facts as this?

I'd love to know, as I spent days shopping for cars, and have ran into cars that were not as advertised, or at least as my interpretation of the advertisement.

I'd love to go to small claims court and try to get money for this, if what you say is true. :wink:

Scanning the auto-trader ads, and the local paper ads, I'd be a wealthy man if I just shopped cars all day, and then went to small claims court to sue the sellers. :tongue:

He had already wired money to purchase the vehicle. I'm assuming he has proof of what had been represented. That is the difference...go chase used car dealers to get rich if you want, but you'll be hard pressed to get a penny more than out of pocket expenses and only after you've contracted with the seller.

Uhh..period.

Ski_Banker said:
He had already wired money to purchase the vehicle. I'm assuming he has proof of what had been represented. That is the difference...go chase used car dealers to get rich if you want, but you'll be hard pressed to get a penny more than out of pocket expenses and only after you've contracted with the seller.

Uhh..period.
Ok I'm not being snotty. I really want to know.

I'm going to sue someone through small claims, and wanted to know the details of this case.

It sounds like you really know what you're talking about. It just doesn't make sense to my logic.

Anyway, based on what you're saying, and the facts as they are presented here, it sounds like the burden of proof is pretty light in small claims court. That would be my perception after reading your take on small claims court. If that's true, it would be good for my small claims court lawsuit. ;)

Sounds like you were a little too anal about the car.
car's get repainted quite often and for me many different reasons especially on a nearly 10 year old car.
Does 1k really make a difference? you probably paid half that in airplane tickets.

Bad move imo

with little nsx's out there, the "perfect" one may cost you lots of money in inspections and plane fair, to a buyer like yourself, that may never be happy

comtec said:
The 1997 mint condition car that i have been working to get for the past 2 weeks. The car seemed perfect for me, it even had the wheels and body kit that i wanted (only one that i have found in three months of searching with the kit). I had the vehicle inspected by the local acura dealer which it past with no problems. The dealer even told me that the car was in excellent shape and quote "a very nice car". I wired a deposit to hold the car and made plans to pickup the car and drive it back home. I purchased a one way ticket to pickup the car and paid the insurance so i wouldn't have any problems driving it back.

Well i got off work at 6am and rushed to the airport to fly 730 miles to pickup my nsx. I was so excited for the last week, waiting for friday. I had the cashiers check in my pocket and grabed a cab from the airport to the owners house. When i arrived at his house, i looked at the garage and there it was. The owner was drying it off from a fresh wash. The car was beautiful, exactly what i was looking for. I started looking the car over and the owner opened the driver door. As soon as he opened the door i noticed a dullness in the paint just where the rear quarter panel is attached to the body in the door lach area. When i took a close look at it, it was easy to see it was overspray. I looked all around the rear quarter and it was obvious that the entire rear panel had been repainted (the overspray could be seen in the front, back and top. The paint looked very good except there was overspray on all the ajoining panels. This started me wondering what has happened to the car. It had a clear carfax and i could not see any evidence of damage, only the new paint on the panel. I thought it over and told him i would still buy the car but in my opinion the paint work hurts the value of the car (i was paying his asking price for the car) I told him to me the price of the car should be reduced by 1k. And that i will still buy the car for his asking price -1k. He would not budge on the asking price. So i call another cab and go back to the airport, buy another one way ticket home. I spent the rest of the day at 2 different airports with both flights delayed.

Man what a letdown. I was so excited about this car and then to see the overspray. Just setting everything up has cost me 2k with nothing to show for it.:frown:

Your lucky to get anything back, you agreed to buy the car, you put money down on it, tobe honest if you made him wait, until you got there, you could of easily losed your deposit.Feel lucky you got that back, why should he pay for your mistake?

good luck finding the car you want

xtter said:
It just keeps getting better.

Not only was the car not as stated by the owner. When i arrived on the way to his house in the cab i called him to let him know i would be there shortly. He said i meant to tell you i would pick you up (how convenient since he knew i was already in the cab). When we couldn't come to an agreement on the car i asked the owner if he could give me a ride back to the airport. With hesitation he said yes. About 5 min later he went in his house and come back out with a phone book in his hand. He said my wife has already made dinner arrangements do you want me to call you a cab?

I am out $2k in expenses and yet today I received my $1k deposit back. But it wasn't $1k, it was $986. Why was that? Because he took the wire transfer fee from my deposit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by comtec : Today at 17:09.

I just realized that this thread was posted here by "comtec". This is my car and some of these comments seem as though they give a negative representation of me. I will post a very detailed pic of the only problem he had with my car. He said that it showed some signs of some touch up paint on the rear fender. He thought there were some scratches there at one time and the dealer I bought the car from had them fixed. I looked this car over very well when I purchased it. I have had this car at many car shows. Other NSX enthusiasts have checked it out. Never has anyone pointed out the little bit of dullness in the paint on the inside of the door jam. There is no contrast in paint on the outside. The car is perfect. I do not think it would be out of line for a 1997 automobile to get scratched and touched up. There is also a body kit that had to be painted. If there were ever scrathes of any kind on the car, I am glad the previous owner cared enough about the car to have it repaired. Comtec, you have the right to buy or not buy something. I did not care if you didn't buy it. You know I was not happy about selling it anyway. I am sorry you spent all the money and didn't have anything to show for it. But for a 1997 NSX, I don't know how you could give it any less than a 9 out of 10. Yes, it has normal wear, some small rock chips, and very minor imperfections. I realized this when I bought the car. If you want it to be absolutley perfect, you might have to go with something that is not 10 years old. I too would love to have a perfect 2005 NSX with no imperfections, but could not afford that right now. The car runs perfect, no engine or electrical issues, and you can't say the interior is not in amazing condition. You drove the car, you felt how it handled. This was your first time being in a NSX. Maybe you were expecting something else. I always take very good care of my cars and I think this one is the best example of that.
Also, I did not take $14 dollars from your deposit. I had nothing to do with the wire transfer. I don't know what US bank charges for a wire transfer. You cannot possibly think after meeting me and seeing what type of person I am, that I would be childish enough to keep $14 dollars from you. I am sorry I cannot control a banks policy. And as for the airport, I did not realize that this was part of my responsibility. This was a friday night, my girlfriend is in town for only two nights a week. She made dinner plans. I am sure there are other members that hear what I am saying when I tell you girfriends/wives do not like cars coming before them.
All in all, sorry this was a bad experience for you. But to come on this site and make it sound like I misrepresented my NSX in anyway is way offline. I really think you were expecting this car to be a 2005. I never said that. Once again it is a 1997. I bought the car because it is the best example of a low miles 1997 acura NSX that I could find, after looking for a long time. I hope this clears things up. If this was a web community that I did not respect I would not care. Out of all the auto sites I have been a part of, Prime has always seemed to have the best content. Nobody likes to have there character quetioned. thanks xtter

I have added some pics. I know they are some what blurry, best I could do, that close up.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j7/shaenicely/nsx054.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j7/shaenicely/nsx050.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j7/shaenicely/nsx052.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j7/shaenicely/nsx051.jpg

Its my money so if i want to be anal about it than i can be.

car's get repainted quite often and for me many different reasons especially on a nearly 10 year old car.
Than it should not be stated that the car has all original paint.

Does 1k really make a difference? you probably paid half that in airplane tickets.

If you had read the entire thread you would have seen that at the time i had very little sleep.

"I should have just walked away when i noticed it but i still made him the offer. Thinking about it now after getting some sleep, i am glad that he did not accept it."

The 2 one way tickets were about $1173.00.

Bad move imo
Great than go spend your $53,500.00 for it.

Your lucky to get anything back, you agreed to buy the car, you put money down on it, tobe honest if you made him wait, until you got there, you could of easily losed your deposit.Feel lucky you got that back, why should he pay for your mistake?
I dont consider that the car not being as he stated my fault.

nsxman222 said:

Bad move imo

with little nsx's out there, the "perfect" one may cost you lots of money in inspections and plane fair, to a buyer like yourself, that may never be happy

What I been hearing on this forum is, car's old so when someone says 9.9999 out of 10 means you need to consider its age. I guess it means 10+ years outside parking and sun damage is consider 9 out of 10 quality? What scaling system are you NSX guys going by?? Because when someone tells me "perfect", "9.9999/10", "I challenge you to find a single flaw in the paint", etc etc.. I think of it as either newly painted, $4K-$10K paint job, or car thats been kept in a garage, never seen rain, regularily waxed car. Not panels painted by some shop that doesn't know how to paint or better yet, painted by Macco (like the car I saw over the weekend).

Suprise suprise man not all people can tell if a car has been repainted, were not all anal about the car, we look for good mechanics and a nice car and drive it, we dont ask what kind of gas was ran through it at its first trip to the gas station.
Sorry i can see both sides, but from experience you seem anal about the car and you should of told him that you were looking for perfection from a used car, which again you wont ever find.
It might not be worth 53,500 to me
but if it was worth 52,500 to you even in a tired state, it probably wasnt seriously misrepresented
personally im glad you arent a type that would buy a car from me as, you would be the type to see the car, buy it and then bitch for 6months over buyers remorse.

Now you dropped 1200 bucks
If your as anal as you were here, soon that total willbe 10k pretty quick and all you have done is fly around the country with no car to show for it:)

good luck

comtec said:
Its my money so if i want to be anal about it than i can be.

Than it should not be stated that the car has all original paint.

If you had read the entire thread you would have seen that at the time i had very little sleep.

"I should have just walked away when i noticed it but i still made him the offer. Thinking about it now after getting some sleep, i am glad that he did not accept it."

The 2 one way tickets were about $1173.00.

Great than go spend your $53,500.00 for it.

I dont consider that the car not being as he stated my fault.

I agree with the orig poster.
If he wants a no paint work car, and is willing to pay a bit more for it, so be it. News flash to the non anal- Most paint blend / touch up jobs will not fade the same down the road and be noticeable.
If you don't care, fine. But why knock someone who goes out of their way to check out a 9 out of 10 that is said to be a "no paint work car" ?
The NSX didn't get painted in the "normal" fashion.
Who cares if this guy wants all orig factory paint? (I did) :biggrin:
Geez.......

MCM said:
I agree with the orig poster.
If he wants a no paint work car, and is willing to pay a bit more for it, so be it. News flash to the non anal- Most paint blend / touch up jobs will not fade the same down the road and be noticeable.
If you don't care, fine. But why knock someone who goes out of their way to check out a 9 out of 10 that is said to be a "no paint work car" ?
The NSX didn't get painted in the "normal" fashion.
Who cares if this guy wants all orig factory paint? (I did) :biggrin:
Geez.......

Thanks MCM,
Man that guy has a fixation with the word anal.

I like how you gloss over the facts because you don't have an argument

anal best describes what i heard from you.

Sorry but alot of sellers have had cases of buyers such as yourself and understand that you would never be happy with ANY car, you would also find some "misrepresentation" and bitch about it.

Buy a new car, and bitch to the dealers atleast they are accustomed to it.

comtec said:
Thanks MCM,
Man that guy has a fixation with the word anal.

Don't sweat it.
The teens will show up for a while, ruin some cars,
then be priced out of the NSX market when they start going up.
Get the well maintained / honest car of your dreams.
There will never be a better time than right now to find the right car.
Don't give up! Its out there! :wink:
Think how good it will feel to post here in a week, month, etc with pic's
of the car you are after!
Its worth it! Keep looking! There still around! But getting harder to find
(so it seems)

I like how you gloss over the facts because you don't have an argument

What the hell are you talking about? Read all the posts before you start running off at the mouth.

Sorry but alot of sellers have had cases of buyers such as yourself and understand that you would never be happy with ANY car, you would also find some "misrepresentation" and bitch about it.

Well i have had about 40 cars that i was happy with over the years. How many have you had? (Hint) your matchbox cars don't count. Go back to the sandbox and leave the car talk to adults.

MCM said:
Don't sweat it.
The teens will show up for a while, ruin some cars,
then be priced out of the NSX market when they start going up.
Get the well maintained / honest car of your dreams.
There will never be a better time than right now to find the right car.
Don't give up! Its out there! :wink:
Think how good it will feel to post here in a week, month, etc with pic's
of the car you are after!
Its worth it! Keep looking! There still around! But getting harder to find
(so it seems)

Thanks MCM,
I will not stop looking, i have three at the moment that i am looking at. An apparently by the way this guy is posting the teens are already here.

Back