• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

San Antonio Body Shop

Hi Guys,
I had an inattentive driver pull out in front of me today, which resulted in these pictures. I had the car towed to Gunn Acura, who later called to say that they can't work on it since it is aluminum. It will have to go to a specialty shop. Does anyone have any recommendations in the San Antonio are for this type of repair? This is a really tough way to get they type-R hood I've been wanting.

Thanks for any input you might have.
--Vince--

Attachments

• DSC02903 (2).jpg
    DSC02903 (2).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC02904 (2).jpg
    DSC02904 (2).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC02908 (2).jpg
    DSC02908 (2).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 49
details on the carnage...

Sorry to hear of the unfortunate incident. Good to hear that there were no injuries.

Is the NSX drivable? I ask because David McDavid Collision Center in North Austin is very professional, competent, and experienced w/ repairing NSX'es over the years. Though, I wouldn't particularly recommend their sale's dept' or service-center, their separate Collision Center facility does top-notch work w/o compromise.

And regarding the need for "aluminum-work", kinks in the front frame-rail/cradle or even front-firewall/bulkhead? Otherwise, no special skills to work on aluminum are needed, as generally everything is more than likely swappable via new/used replacement components (nothing can be bent/reshaped/bondo'd/etc'). So, I'm not sure why there is a need for an aluminum-skilled workshop! :confused:

Sorry to hear about that. But, just a suggestion, I would take this as an opportunity to update the front end to the 2002+ style. Again, that's just my opinion. The 2002+ look has really grown on me and if something like this happens to me, I'm updating.

Man I am really sorry to hear about your car! That SUX. I would call Jacks Paint place in converse and see if they can do the work. I have had very good experiences with them in the past. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Blaine
210-838-1818

Back