• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

San Gabriel Valley NSX meet on selected Thursdays @ Pavillions/AU79 Arcadia

It was nice to see everyone again and good to meet some new faces. Even supra owners are more than welcome. I have to admit, at the beginning I thought it was gonna be a bunk A$$ meet, because only OC guys showed up, drove 35+ miles (some even more) and no SGV'ers out to represent. :rolleyes: Host was an hour late and didn't drive an NSX? Kinda weird when it's suppose to be an "NSX" meet. :confused: Next time, we'll just all bring out daily beaters and call it a "random whatever you want to bring" meet. Rollerblades, skateboards, etc...all welcome.

But, I stuck around and it became a decent meet. Looking forward to seeing everyone next Thursday at SCA meet.

Hi octechgeek,

I believe you were one of 2 fellas at the meet I didn't get the honor to shake your hands personally? :( Sorry we've disappointed you with our poorly orchestrated meet, as it always had a pretty low turn out and a very laid-back atmosphere. I hope we didn't mislead you into thinking that there are lots of SGV NSX'ers here on Prime, although sightings in this part of town are quite frequent according to my experiences. As such, I'm only the messenger, have no control over how many of our scantly numbered locals decide to show up, so please don't shoot me.....yet..........not until I put my Stage 3 ballistic vest on with trauma plate inserted first. :D Scroll up to the top of this page and read some of our replies to our last turnout and you'll see what I mean by it. Only 3 of us showed up (yeah, 3 ! woopee lol)..... Mainly folks living in the area like Calvin (Tooltime) and I. That's it. I wonder where are the other ~80% SGV NSX'ers that aren't on NSXPrime, and what do they do in their spare time? Hmm.... I digress.... Anyway, the funny thing is, Cal admitted to me the other day that our mini-meet that night was probably the most enjoyable of all past meets even when compared to some of our bigger turnouts in the past (with the help of the O.C. group as always lol) and the cameraderie was just as great as always. And I agree. :) We had lots of fun chatting about everything, from the way his Formula Red reflected the flourescent light better than my Zanardi, to the joys of being a proud dad to his wonderful duaghter. We had a great time, and if my memory serves, Cal didn't even drive his NSX to the meet that day. :D Of course, as usual, YMMV.

About showing up late and not in the (Zanardi) NSX, I'm sorry but my work comes before play, and as such, I had to wait for all of my drivers to return from their late delivery runs before I can close my shop, which was around 8:20-ish, then run back home to swap my daily driver for the Zanardi to meet up with you folks. I was already running very late so I decided to go straight to the meet in my "legs" D'Jour - the Lotus Elise, not knowing how that would disappoint some of you who might have made the long trek just to see the Zanardi in person. It didn't occur to me that the Zanardi was that much of a deal cosmetically from other NSX's, except for the plaque on the firewall and the Zanardi wheels, and didn't think it would make any difference to some of you if I brought it out or not. The driving experience, however, is very different, as Tooltime would attest - much edgier and a tad less creature comfort. Still, nothing really worth writing home about and pretty much any NA2 coupe NSX can be made to feel like this. But, I always strive to please, and if you came up to me and requested to see it in person early enough for me to bring the car out, I'd be more than thrilled to make the trip back home and returned in the Zanardi for you. Steve (NSX1) did just that- inquired about the Zanardi, albeit toward the last remaining minutes of our meet, so I promised I'll make it up to him in exactly 2 weeks by promising him the key to the car, provided that I ride shotgun while he's driving. (It's okay Steve, you can give it a little bit more throttle as soon as we get on the 405 lol). If you like, I'm more than willing to let you play with it too. I aim to please, and would love to shake your hand in person. :)

-Take care for now,

Bill

Thanks Bill, but I only need to ride shotgun as I have been shotgun in all the other NSX's that I've riden in to see how the suspension feels. Now your Lotus... that's a different story. :biggrin:

My FTP was down for a few days and I was not able to upload the photos to my web server.... So, here is my contribution.

arcadia01_800.jpg

arcadia02_800.jpg

arcadia03_800.jpg

arcadia04_800.jpg

arcadia05_800.jpg

arcadia06_800.jpg

arcadia07_800.jpg

arcadia08_800.jpg

arcadia09_800.jpg

arcadia10_800.jpg

arcadia11_800.jpg

Hi octechgeek,
Bill,
He was just joking, really:smile:

From our perspective, we are spoiled by having too much spare times. Sometimes our expectations are too high. Yes, meets can be fun even with just 3 cars.

Although it seem other wise, even in OC, only small # of NSX owners show up to meets. Most people either don't care or just don't have spare time. I never been to a single meet during my first 2.5 years of ownership.

I would be first to admit, my expectation was sky high just on the meet alone, but Arcadia have more to offer than just meets. My stomach was happy and I came home with extra お弁当/bento box for dinner the next day. I didn't know there is another food court on the other side of the building with good eats after all these time. Eat to live, live to eat.

The turn out last Thursday ended up really good actually. We got there early due to excitement and driving too fast.

Steve,

What happen? You always take a picture of your NSX solo.

Calvin

Hi Calvin,

I forgot to take a photo of my car. I've been doing that a lot lately. That might be because I go to a lot of car meets and I only take photos of cars I haven't seen before. I've been building quite a portfolio at my web site.
Check it out...

Go to www.nsx1.com and click Photo Gallery.

Steve

Hi Calvin,

I forgot to take a photo of my car. I've been doing that a lot lately. That might be because I go to a lot of car meets and I only take photos of cars I haven't seen before. I've been building quite a portfolio at my web site.
Check it out...

Steve

Great photo gallery Steve. If you don't mind I like to copy some of those photos down for myself :biggrin:

Hi Calvin,

Check it out...

Steve

Steve,

Nice photo album! Thanks for sharing...

damn, nice turnout guys....sorry i wasn't there. you dont know me yet cuz im a new member. h'ever i met calvin and somebody else....forgot who.
your rides are freakin' awesome. i wudn't want to park next to you guys.
mine is still considered bone stock ! hehe
next meet, for sure i'll be there........

damn, nice turnout guys....sorry i wasn't there. you dont know me yet cuz im a new member. h'ever i met calvin and somebody else....forgot who.
your rides are freakin' awesome. i wudn't want to park next to you guys.
mine is still considered bone stock ! hehe
next meet, for sure i'll be there........

No worries Pat. There will be other meets!

Pat's is not exactly bone stock right now:biggrin: Great seeing you again Fri night Pat!

Are we having one this Thursday? or will it be next Thursday?

hhehe....when ever you guys feel like it! im down for this thursday for sure...
just let me know.:rolleyes:

Pat's is not exactly bone stock right now:biggrin: Great seeing you again Fri night Pat!

Are we having one this Thursday? or will it be next Thursday?

When is this meet going to happen again? :confused: :confused: :confused:

-Andy

If you guys from San Gabriel Valley cant wait for the next get together here you go come on out to Valencia this would be fun for all. I have gone go both meets and have a great time at both.
I know we have been waiting to do the car hangout thing in SGV but its been a few weeks, so here you go a meet only 30min from SGV. its an easy drive up the 210 fry. Hope to see some of you guys up there. Yes there is food around.

Originally Posted by nsx1
Santa Clarita Valley friends welcome all local and non local enthusiasts to join us. Coffee, shop-talk, friends, chill environment. Come and join us! All are welcome.

Wednesday 9/26/07 @ 8:30pm

At Starbuck's
24201 Valencia Blvd Ste 1101
Valencia, CA 91355

Located at the corner of McBean Parkway & Valencia Blvd, next to "The Corner Bakery";. If you are at the intersection of Valencia Blvd and McBean Parkway, you want the south-east corner of the intersection.

Ps. The meet is scheduled every other Wednesday

Back