• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Santa Barbara / Solvang trip - need some recommendations?

I'm taking a trip to Solvang for some weekend wine tasting at the end of this month, my plans is to drop by Santa Barbara, around State Street to grab a bit and maybe hang for a bit before I trek my way to Solvang. Any locals out there? Need some recommendations for good resturants (sushi, steak, etc...) and if there is anything I shouldn't miss out on when in Santa Barbara? Also, what about Solvang, small town, is there anything I should know or do out there?

thanks in advance guys...

Im from Santa Barbara. Take a drive down Cabrillo Blvd. It goes along the beach. Drive onto Stearns Wharf and grab a drink outside on the open air patio at Longboards. For Sunday Brunch you cant beat the Biltmore on the beach. If you are into sightseeing, pass by the Old Mission. It is the most famous of all missions built along the Califonia Coast. For sushi try Pirhana on State Street. When driving to Solvang you have two choices San Marcos Pass or Hwy. 101 San Marcos pass is much faster 35 minutes but it is a windy road that goes up the side of a mountain so be careful especialy if you are wine tasting. Highway 101 takes longer (about an hour) but it goes along the coast so you do see the ocean. Ive been to two of the wineries up there Rusack Vineyard (1819 Ballard Canyon Road www.RusackVineyards.com and Sunstone Vineyards125 N. Refugio Road. www.sunstonewinery.com Both are excellent Have fun and drive safe.

I know Solvang-Santa Ynez-Los Olivos fairly well. Anderson's in Solvang, Mattie's Tavern in Los Olivos, and the Hitching Post in Santa Ynez are good places.

guys...thank you so much for all the recommendations, if you see a white nsx pass by your town, it's me, wave and say hello. Otherwise, thank you again.

P.S.
it's a GF trip so not going to be able to hang out, wish I could and maybe we can set up a short nsx meet, but it's her weekend, so I gotta give in...

I live in SB and onw the Vespa dealership..guve me a PM and i can hook ya up with food and fun and a good drive if ya want. there's a new italian place here that is un real...

BUMP!

Can anyone add to the list of suggestions on here. I'm going with a few friends/first timers this saturday. I have to drop my car off at Bimmerfest at the Polo Grounds and then I'll have maybe 5-6 hours to go out and explore Santa Barbara. I do the tourist thing on State Street and then maybe get some good photo opportunities with friends.

So my agenda is this. Polo Grounds @ 7:00 AM. My friends will come get me maybe around 10 or 11. Then we can explore till about 3:30-4PM.

TIA

the State st. thing is still a good deal..be warned!!! we have a criuse ship stopping in the harbor this weekend possible hundreds of tourists.. could be fun though. give a call or stop by the shop..Vespa SB..118 ortega

Thanks Vespabob for the tips and having me and nsx-tee in the shop. It was fun and man was that a big boat...

Just a tip. If anyone ever wanders out to the pier, be careful taking pictures of the sand sculpture because it's some grumpy homeless guy who will give you hell if you try to take a picture without giving him some money. So bring half dollar coins to throw at the sand sculpture, the larger the coin, the better.

Yes, thank you Vespabob. It's too bad we didn't get to see your NSX but your shop is cool and your dirtbike is crazy.

Back