• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Santa works OT - BBS LM DBKs

Jim

Experienced Member
New diamond black (limited) color for the LM. Santa does work through January :biggrin:. I can hardly wait until Spring to put 'em on.

bbs_lm_dbk_2.jpg

bb_lm_dbk_1.jpg

New diamond black (limited) color for the LM. Santa does work through January :biggrin:. I can hardly wait until Spring to put 'em on.

:eek:

Very impressive, if they were mine, I would be rolling them next to the car and snapping pictures, I don't think I could wait :tongue:

Aren't these forged and lighter in weight then regular LMs?

Yes, these are 17/18.

No, they are the same weight than the regular LMs (F: 19.9/R: 22). I weighed them and verified against that aftermarket wheel weight chart.

I held the rims up against my black NSX and its funny how they appear so much darker than they really are. They come with the black BBS center caps but I bought the red ones. I think with the red center caps and lug nuts it should look pretty sweet because it will add a hint of contrast.

You can see what they look like on a black M3 here.

Do you still have the black centers? If so, try on of each on the same side of the car before making your final determination. I think I prefer the black centers.

Either way, it a beautiful wheel and will look great on your NSX.

I threw on the rims last night on one side. The car looks like a total 4x4 with the big wheel gap, especially in the front. The BBS red lugs are definitely cool. I’ll put the black BBS caps on later to see how they look as well.

Do you guys think getting the Bilsteins on the lower perch is enough? Or should I go upper Bilsteins and Eibachs?

Excuse the messy garage - this winter is brutal.

DSC02645.JPG

This is how I envision what it will look once it's lowered (my 5 sec MS Paint chop):

lowered.JPG

Good job! That looks good and would look even better with a couple inch drop. I say leave the requisite red caps and lugs. I have the same color combo on my Lexus and I tried mocking it up with the black caps and different lugs. While those looked nice too, I way prefer the red with red.
IMGP3357.jpg

IMGP3355.jpg

Last night I measured my wheel gap. I have about 2-5/8" in the front and 2-3/8" in the rear. I only want to lower it with Bilsteins but I'm afraid the gap will still be big, no? :confused:

Last night I measured my wheel gap. I have about 2-5/8" in the front and 2-3/8" in the rear. I only want to lower it with Bilsteins but I'm afraid the gap will still be big, no? :confused:

You will still have a little gap when lowering on the Bils, but it will still look good (it won't be "tucked"). I have mine lowered on Bils w/ stock springs and 17/18 and it looks just right. You should be good.

I don't want to lower it anymore beyond the Bilstein drop. I'm happy with the drop in the front but I do wish the rear was dropped a touch more. It is all about compromise.

i wonder what it'll look like on a formula red nsx :D
time for some photoshopchopping

Growing up in Chicago, I can clearly remember how winters are with sports cars...haha - I can see that familiar garage with all the dried snow/salt combo!

BBS LM's look great but with the stepped lip they look WAY too small already even in 19's since you lose about an 1" of size with the stepped lip. A 18" looks like a 17 which just loses the aggressive nature of a exotic sports car like the NSX. LM's look great on e46 m3's but not an NSX, again just my 2 cents.

If you really drop the car you might pull it off but now you got all sorts of other problems....

rk

Back