• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Satin Black NSX-R Replica

Super clean, super tight... Amazing job. Looks like a scale model!

Just reminds me of the Veyron SS black and bright color schema.

2010-bugatti-veyron-16-4-super-sport-07.jpg

2010-bugatti-veyron-16-4-super-sport-13.jpg

2010-bugatti-veyron-16-4-super-sport-11.jpg

2010-bugatti-veyron-16-4-super-sport-12.jpg

This might be my favorite NSX on all of prime. Fantastic job, and its fast. I WANT MORE PICS and a list of all the mods.

yea, it looks great... wonder what sort of series or class it was racing in

WTH.... what is that transmission in the car now?!! Both his hands are on the wheel and he is shifting?!

I can never get enough info on this car. Is it not on ITB's now?

Can somebody please post better pictures of the center console and provide some insight as to the witchcraftery that is taking place here? :biggrin:

Sorry for the delayed response...

To clarify guys, it runs a Hewland sequential gearbox with Geartronics paddle shift (incorporating flat up-shifts).

It has Jenvey ITBs with a mix of custom and SoS parts.

Sorry, don't have a dead-on shot of the center panel. Just from another angle:

P1080292.jpg

Rob,

What kind of front fender are you using? They look a little wider than oem. Also, what front size tires are you using?

Sequential gearbox! Must be a pain to fit it in.

Cheers,

Henry.

The arches are quite a lot wider actually (wider than the Downforce ones, for example), you just wouldn't notice unless it was sitting next to an OEM car. We got them made ourselves...

Will have to get back to you on the front tyre widths! I need to get together the whole spec really.

This vid is more entertaining IMO, thanks to the noise!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpKFmBmX4vM

The vid is cool! The gear whinning noise is intoxicating!! Thx for sharing :)

So, are those re-worked oem front fenders or re-worked fiber glass fenders? I'm in search for a wider fender to house 235 17" front tires, but not so wide like those wide body fenders. I was going to buy the downforce front fenders but I don't think they're wide enough, another 15 mm would be great!

Cheers,

Henry.

The arches are quite a lot wider actually (wider than the Downforce ones, for example), you just wouldn't notice unless it was sitting next to an OEM car. We got them made ourselves...

Will have to get back to you on the front tyre widths! I need to get together the whole spec really.

This vid is more entertaining IMO, thanks to the noise!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpKFmBmX4vM

Man those are fast shifts... Seems like a lot of work to go through (and a lot of expense), was it worth it? Does it make the car that much better? How much did that cost?

I am also really curious about your cage... and your suspension... and brakes... and the dash layout... and... and... and...

I NEED MORE!!!!

GIMME MY FIX DAMMIT!!! :biggrin:

The purpose is to make it a good endurance car, so a sequential was always going to be a good move. Plus, in the race series we're in, pretty much everyone has one. Fair to say it is a significant cost, approaching the price of a brand new NSX.

The cage is FIA approved and made by Safety Devices i believe, but from an American point of view would look a little weedy compared to those big SCCA 'cages!

The suspension is made by Quantum, a British company, but the kit is widely used in Japan. It is a 'Group N' kit, used by the majority of racing NSXs over there.

The brakes are off the shelf AP competition items, with very wide calipers to accommodate endurance pads; they are incredibly powerful!

Admittedly i am not very technical minded, so i'll have to interrogate the team boss for more in-depth details!

The purpose is to make it a good endurance car, so a sequential was always going to be a good move. Plus, in the race series we're in, pretty much everyone has one. Fair to say it is a significant cost, approaching the price of a brand new NSX.

Really? we are talking over $50,000??! :eek:

Where can I see more pics?

Back