• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saw this on Ebay! jh4na1185st000136

Re: Saw this on Ebay!

I'm sorry, Caroline-NSX. I have nothing against factory bug eyes, but it makes me a little sad every time someone mucks up a perfectly good NSX and then puts it up for sale. :frown: Why molest a perfectly good NSX if you don't intend on keeping it? Especially when buyers clearly prefer the pop-ups.

That's just silly, the poll is asking what people are shopping for, not what their preference is; perhaps they're limited by budget to older, less aesthetically-pleasing options.

2002-2005 for Honda allowed them to refresh their halo car, which had started to show its age, with a modern look. It also improved aero performance, increased light output, reduced weight and complexity, and helped increase pedestrian safety. There's a reason the lights are on backorder from Honda (conversions).

2002-2005 for Honda allowed them to refresh their halo car, which had started to show its age, with a modern look. It also improved aero performance, increased light output, reduced weight and complexity, and helped increase pedestrian safety. There's a reason the lights are on backorder from Honda (conversions).

I doubt it improved the aerodynamics unless you drive with your headlights up all the time. As for "modern look", I guess that's a subjective thing.

Anyway, I'm backing out of this thread as it's getting a little too controversial. :tongue:

I doubt it improved the aerodynamics unless you drive with your headlights up all the time. As for "modern look", I guess that's a subjective thing.

In addition to the headlights, the bumper, sideskirt, trunklid, and rear diffuser aero was enhanced. Here is Honda's page on the matter:
http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/nsx/2005/mechanism/index.html

The total listed lift coefficient of the face-lifted NSXs is 0.075, while the older design has a total lift coefficient of 0.115.

Anyway, I'm backing out of this thread as it's getting a little too controversial. :tongue:

Controversy which you instigated, with your prejudicial and unsubstantiated remarks.

Well, let me be the first. YOUR CAR LOOK BETTER BEFORE! And i am being honest.

Caroline-NSX - weren't you in the classifieds looking for front-end conversion parts not long ago? Now you think the flip-ups look better?

ok dont say modern , it makes the nsx young younger lol just like they said in the nsx type s video comparison of all the models, pop ups are for the grandpas:tongue:

That's probably because the car was only produced in limited quantities from 02-05, so Honda didn't produce as many bug eye headlights for spare as the pop ups. They didn't account for aftermarket conversions.

There's a reason the lights are on backorder from Honda (conversions).

12-1440nsx.jpg

:smile: night and day. blue is young and modern, grey is old and ready for bed lmao

lettuce be cereal if the fixed was so ugly so many people with pops wouldnt even bother with the conversion.
but who cares anyways taste is subjective, i like the fixed. i wouldnt mind pops as a daily beater and have a fixed as a weekend/toy

Last edited:

In addition to the headlights, the bumper, sideskirt, trunklid, and rear diffuser aero was enhanced. Here is Honda's page on the matter:

The total listed lift coefficient of the face-lifted NSXs is 0.075, while the older design has a total lift coefficient of 0.115.

Cool page. So the fixed lights alone did not result in the improvement in drag coefficient, which doesn't counter what I said earlier as I was referring solely to the headlights.

Controversy which you instigated, with your prejudicial and unsubstantiated remarks.
Prejudicial? I think I was stating my personal opinion, and as for the poll, that was my personal interpretation but you interpret it however you want. No hard feelings. I still think you're a cool NSXer, and have your thread bookmarked about the leather restorer so I can follow up again to see how it holds up over time. ;)

Prejudicial? I think I was stating my personal opinion, and as for the poll, that was my personal interpretation but you interpret it however you want. No hard feelings. I have your thread bookmarked about the leather restorer so I can follow up again to see how it holds up over time. ;)

I hope you're not being serious; every one of your responses is negatively-worded towards a topic which was never being discussed, until you introduced it. Not only did you bring it up, you kept poking the topic of headlight conversions while others tried to ignore you, creating a debate where there was none. As soon as someone calls you out you then decide to leave the thread, since it's becoming too controversial?

I don't really care about the debate, but if you have a valid point stick to it, don't backpedal and bail. Clearly it's something you like to talk about.

I hope you're not being serious; every one of your responses is negatively-worded towards a topic which was never being discussed, until you introduced it. Not only did you bring it up, you kept poking the topic of headlight conversions while others tried to ignore you, creating a debate where there was none. As soon as someone calls you out you then decide to leave the thread, since it's becoming too controversial?

I don't really care about the debate, but if you have a valid point stick to it, don't backpedal and bail. Clearly it's something you like to talk about.

Of course I wasn't being serious, why do you think I kept using smilies in my posts? This all started because I was having a little fun and giving Caroline-NSX a hard time (whose black NSX I admire), then it became serious business, which was not what I intended.

As for pop-ups vs fixed headlights, it's a personal preference. I'm just not sure why there have been so many conversions popping up for sale lately, but yes I poked fun. I'm sorry if it offended anyone.

Last edited:

Caroline-NSX - weren't you in the classifieds looking for front-end conversion parts not long ago? Now you think the flip-ups look better?

Was I? How do you know if i was looking for parts for front end conversion for my car? And how sure are you that i was looking for front end conversion for me? :rolleyes: I always have said and will say again that the flip-ups looks better and more unique than the 02+ headlights. :tongue: :smile:

Of course I wasn't being serious, why do you think I kept using smilies in my posts? This all started because I was having a little fun and giving Caroline-NSX a hard time (whose black NSX I admire), then it became serious business, which was not what I intended.

As for pop-ups vs fixed headlights, it's a personal preference. I'm just not sure why there have been so many conversions popping up for sale lately, but yes I poked fun. I'm sorry if it offended anyone.

+1 :smile:

We were having a little fun, what happen!? Let just keep doing what we do. It's all in fun. I'm not trying to hurt anyone feelings. I'm just saying how I feel and what I think. If they take it personal that's their problem. I still say and will always say flip-up headlights looks better and more unique than the 02+ headlights. There is nothing wrong with the 02+ headlights "to me" it doesn't look as good as the flip-ups. Get it? "To me"! :eek: :eek: :eek: :smile:

12-1440nsx.jpg

:smile: night and day. blue is young and modern, grey is old and ready for bed lmao

lettuce be cereal if the fixed was so ugly so many people with pops wouldnt even bother with the conversion.
but who cares anyways taste is subjective, i like the fixed. i wouldnt mind pops as a daily beater and have a fixed as a weekend/toy

Cool picture! Just saved it as my lab top background. :biggrin:

Night and day...
Blue is young and modern...
Grey is old and ready for bed...

LMFAO!

JH4NA1185ST000136 is for sale again
it jumped from up a bit from $23,500.00

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163885

Some of the 02+ conversions have been converted due to collision, insurance, then 02 + update...I know, I owned one previously, it ate front tires like they were made out of swiss cheese! :cool:

Do any of these photos look like the front left wheel has been pushed in to you guys? That was exactly the case with the one I owned...maybe it's just the pictures that don't look rite...

Anyone inspected this car ?

this car belongs to my brother,we both own nsxes and share the same account.the reason he is selling it is because he has the gtr itch.ive posted some pictures in the formula red thread before.besides the conversion its sitting on kw with 19-20 forged iconz wheels,aftermakret headers,intake,exhaust,rainbow comps system with shallow sub.

I like pop ups and '02 front. The popups IMO look better with just a front aftermarket lip, suspension and rims. The '02 look IMO needs DF R style hood, more aggressive skirts, nsxr wing plus suspension and rims. I have my stamp on a '97 w/conversion but if that falls through I'll be happy with a pop up non conversion

anyone have more info on this car?

I searched the vin and see this is a recent thread besides the fs ad. I saw the car searching CL. Can anyone vouch for this car b/c this is an out of state car I have interest in.

Thanks Prime!

Look at the 1st and fifth pictures...looks like the left front wheel is too far back in the wheel well..."Warning bent NSX" ??? :confused:

everything else looks nice...:wink:

I called for this car and left a mesage that I was going to crusin-the -coast. In Miss. That I would like to see the car I got no call are reply back. I went to buy a car, it last a week, cars old and new just crusin the coast. I was ready to buy.buyers good luck trying to get in touch with this seller.

Back