• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

say what?

I read the E46 M3 forums and there seems to be a lot of engine failures. BMW has told most of these owners they will not cover it under warranty because it failed due to driver shifting errors. All of these owners are obviously mad and all are trying to collectively document their failures to show BMW it wasn't their fault.

i blew 2 motors up in my 95 dakar yellow m3 but that was because those trannys in them cars suck they do all that tunning and then put a 318 tranny in it of coarse i went from 1,2,3 and should of shifted into 4th but i went in 2nd oppss.... put a valve right through the piston because of the torqenous...(if that is even a word) the nsx feels tight and stiff when shifting the m3 felt sloppy. imo

Here is some info on M3 engine failures.
http://members.roadfly.com/jason/m3engines.htm

The difference between Euro M3s and US M3s is about 5hp. The US M3 has 333hp SAE rated horsepower, whereas the Euro has 343hp DIN rated horsepower. 343hp DIN is about 338hp SAE. I believe the 5hp difference is due to the emissions standards in the US.

FYI:
1 hp (550 lbf.ft/s) = 1.013869321 hp (Metric)

[This message has been edited by galvatron (edited 08 May 2002).]

>>The '99 M Roadster (E36) has 240 hp and is no contest for a stock '91 NSX.

This car is no contest for a stock '91 CRX (90 hp). At least around a handling track like Roebling. I know this for a fact!

The only thing I am aware of on the E46 M3 is oil starvation on the cams under sustained high-rpm load...such as when climbing a hill and having your foot planted on the throttle...or when trying to do a high-speed, max-acceleration run...

-Andie

Back