• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Scca

How many Prime members are also SCCA members?

There are no NSX owners that are SCCA members? Sports Car Club of America, Nobody?

Last edited:
cuts1200 said:
How many Prime members are also SCCA members?

There are no NSX owners that are SCCA members? Sports Car Club of America, Nobody?

I am an SCCA member. I autocross with the San Francisco Region, although not always with my NSX.

-CiaoBoy

Just curious, there seem to be a few people wanting to tract their cars. SCCA offers a school that some may be interested in. I'm sure you know about it and maybe even instruct. I went about 3 years ago with a Type R, I plan to attend this year with the NSX just to get a better idea of its limits.

Used to race FF's in the early '80's, a '73 Porsche Carrera RSR in the late '80's, but got a little tired of the politics. Although I'm still a member, I am more involved with NASA these days.

There are lots like me who track their cars at HPDE's but don't have the time or $$$ (or skill, in my case :rolleyes: ) to do full racing.

There you go, DCNSX, I couldn't agree more, I'm now racing in TTB class in NASA, I think I've slowed down a little (or a lot), as I've gotten older, gotten married and had kids. I've somehow lost the notion a Formula 1 team's gonna be calling me to replace one of their drivers anytime soon ! Not that they would have in the past either! The wheel-to-wheel competition in TT class is enough for me, there's plenty of fast guys to measure myself against.

Maria Hicks is an SCCA member and an NSX owner

My wife is an SCCA member and an NSX owner

I am an SCCA member and an NSX owner

I think a couple of the NSX owning Chin members also race in SCCA

Why do you ask?

As of today I'm a member :smile: . I'm not a huge fan of the 5 hrs of downtime for a few runs at the autocrosses - but hopefully I'll be able to start "feeling" the car a little more. At my last track DE (first an the NSX) I had about all the offroad fun I could handle :redface: . Not much chance of goin off road at an auto-x and I've heard it's a good way to learn how to "feel" the limits of your car at lower speeds.

Yes, Spec Miata racer.

I also know of two Acura dealer owners that are SCCA racers. One of them owns an NSX.

Bob

BRIVIN said:
SCCA member/racer. Our NSX won both races last weekend and set a new track record.
Brian forgot to mention he also set a new track record in his Integra (ITE-U).

Bob

BRIVIN said:
SCCA member/racer. Our NSX won both races last weekend and set a new track record.

Thats only because Bobby was driving! Think you can do it here in a month? Hopefully I'll see you all at Pueblo-July if not sooner.

SCCA member, ITA/SM Miata driver, and ITA track record holder at Arroyo Seco.....might not get broken for a while. :(

I'm a SCCA member in the Chicago region. I'm taking my NSX to an event for the first time this weekend. I normally drive a '98 Supra TT or a '92 Porsche 968.

RacerX-21 said:
What Class?

Are you considering NSXPO this year?

The NSX runs in ITE-O. Which is a regional only class. Bryan Hunter runs his NSX is GT2.

Yes we are going to the NSXPO this year. Had so much fun last year we have to do it again.

Thanks for the atta-boy Bob!

BRIVIN said:
The NSX runs in ITE-O. Which is a regional only class. Bryan Hunter runs his NSX is GT2.

Yes we are going to the NSXPO this year. Had so much fun last year we have to do it again.

Thanks for the atta-boy Bob!
Cool about NSXPO, a good number racecars this year.

The closest thing in my region is SPO, basically unlimited class with improved Trans-AM cars, no engine restrictions and 14” tires. GT2 is also a difficult class for the NSX when compared to some of the tricked out GT2 Run-off cars.

I'm in... only one autocross thus far but itching to get back out there... If I go with zanardi suspension, the car is still stock right?? :)

Back