• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Schumacher retiring

That guy is some kind of machine, having more F1 records than any other.

I think it's great he's retiring, because without him dominating the sport others may get a chance to fight Alonso and Raikkonen.

Pushed away from whom? :confused:

Dignified retirement, 8x world champion after this season. Sad to see the best driver of all times retire but it had to happen sooner or later.

Man oh man!!!

How cool it has been for me to have been a spectator of his accomplishments and a fan of his ability and manner to make them happen! To have watched him win, lose, pass, be passed, struggle, dominate and bring the Scuderia to the top but mostly to see him truly RACE the car. I have always admired his passion/desire to win!

It's been great a ride for me and I look forward to Kimi and Felipe and Alonso and, hell, maybe even Kubica battling it all out next year! Hope they keep it colorful, though I really only see red!

Had to chime in. Still 3 races left for me to see him race and I will be captivated!
Terry
T-Med

T-Med said:
It's been great a ride for me and I look forward to Kimi and Felipe and Alonso and, hell, maybe even Kubica battling it all out next year! Hope they keep it colorful, though I really only see red!

Don't forget Jenson Button :)

Notwithstanding the incredible technology that's found in Formula One cars, actually watching then race is almost as boring as golf. The tracks rearely allow for passsing and more often than not the finish in the same order that they started in. JGTC (GT-Live) is much more exciting as is ALMS and even NASCAR is more exciting to watch than F1. Not to mention that the cars all sound like 600cc sportbikes with Yoshimura exhausts. :)

NA1/2-R said:
All those records has a lot to do with Ferrari cars NOT by himself alone. Team with most money wins in F1 period. But yeah, I never liked schumi anyway.

'cept that Toyota has the biggest budget...
True, he didn't do it alone, but Formula One IS a team sport and Michael is very directly involved in Ferrari's development, from essentially hand picking a Technical Director, Team Principal and engineers to motivating the team. So without even getting behind the wheel he has been the architect of his own success...

Schumacher's record is testament to his skill and tenacity as a driver, no amount of so called cheating or conspiracies etc. could yield such results. It is a sad day to see the greatest of all time announce his retirement and like the majority of F1 fans (Ferrari fans and otherwise), I feel privileged to have witnessed his total domination of the sport.

NA1/2-R said:
All those records has a lot to do with Ferrari cars NOT by himself alone. Team with most money wins in F1 period. But yeah, I never liked schumi anyway.

What the heck are you talking about? Ferrari was not competitive for over 20 years. In fact Schumacher won the first world championship for Ferrari since 21 years. Even Flavio Briatore admitted Ferrari would not have been competitive without Schumacher and he has to know, he was Michaels furtherer in his early Benetton years.

And for those penis envy 'I did not like him anyways' guys, just remember what our mothers used to tell us, if you got nothing nice to say just say nothing. Especially if you have no clue.
icon13.gif

Good night.
Klayton

Klayton said:
What the heck are you talking about? Ferrari was not competitive for over 20 years. In fact Schumacher won the first world championship for Ferrari since 21 years. Even Flavio Briatore admitted Ferrari would not have been competitive without Schumacher and he has to know, he was Michaels furtherer in his early Benetton years.

And for those penis envy 'I did not like him anyways' guys, just remember what our mothers used to tell us, if you got nothing nice to say just say nothing. Especially if you have no clue.
icon13.gif

Good night.
Klayton

Bingo, I was right! I knew you would be out to defend Schumi with a vengence attitude.
By the way, I didn't say anything bad about Schumi. All I said was "I didn't like him" was that an insult? no, I just didn't like him period.
You seem to have an attitude when someone says something negative (not seccessarily bad) toward Schumi.

NA1/2-R said:
All I said was "I didn't like him" was that an insult? no, I just didn't like him period.

It may not be an insult, but it's a dick thing to say when a guy who has been involved in motorsport for 30+ years announces his retirement; picture yourself at a company party for some old dude retiring, and telling him you never liked him?

There's a time and a place for those comments, but the day the 7-time world champion (probably 8 time in a few weeks time) announces his retirement from the sport is not it.

islander said:
'cept that Toyota has the biggest budget...
True, he didn't do it alone, but Formula One IS a team sport and Michael is very directly involved in Ferrari's development, from essentially hand picking a Technical Director, Team Principal and engineers to motivating the team. So without even getting behind the wheel he has been the architect of his own success...

Schumacher's record is testament to his skill and tenacity as a driver, no amount of so called cheating or conspiracies etc. could yield such results. It is a sad day to see the greatest of all time announce his retirement and like the majority of F1 fans (Ferrari fans and otherwise), I feel privileged to have witnessed his total domination of the sport.

Klayton said:
Ferrari was not competitive for over 20 years. In fact Schumacher won the first world championship for Ferrari since 21 years. Even Flavio Briatore admitted Ferrari would not have been competitive without Schumacher and he has to know, he was Michaels furtherer in his early Benetton years.

I agree 100%! I think you two guys have it summed up! Definitely an educated, or should I say enlightened appraisal of the facts.

Like him or loathe him... F1 has been an exciting sport to watch with him in it!

T-Med said:
Man oh man!!!

How cool it has been for me to have been a spectator of his accomplishments and a fan of his ability and manner to make them happen! To have watched him win, lose, pass, be passed, struggle, dominate and bring the Scuderia to the top but mostly to see him truly RACE the car. I have always admired his passion/desire to win!

Had to chime in. Still 3 races left for me to see him race and I will be captivated!
Terry
T-Med

My thoughts exactly... love or hate MS, you have to appreciate his talent, accomplishments and what he has done for Ferrari.

NA1/2-R said:
Team with most money wins in F1 period.

Yea, how is Toyota doing this year in F1? Oh, don't forget about McLaren either. These teams are rumored to have spent more than Ferrari, and Renault for that matter too.

Give Schumacher some credit.

Believe me, if Senna had not passed so soon, Schu would not hold all the records he does, period.

Re: Behind the Scenes

My thoughts exactly... love or hate MS, you have to appreciate his talent, accomplishments and what he has done for Ferrari.

It's been touched on somewhat here and elsewhere, but let me highlight the fact (or opinion) that MS brought much more to Ferrari than driver's skill. He brought motivation and team building behind the scenes that are obviously not understood by fans and probably not well understood by anyone outside the Ferrari camp. Someday I hope to read a biography that includes his F-1 accomplishments outside the cockpit.

You would have thought that Ferrari would have treated him nicer instead of forcing him to make a decision. This is MS afterall - a guy who brought soo much glory to Ferrari.

Like Ol' Bill w/ Monica L., Shumacher pissed away a lot of his great legacy towards the end of his term. That move at Monaco qualifying was made even worse by the way he tried to proclaim himself innocent.

Re: If Schumi played baseball

In baseball, a .364 average is remarkable. Shumi has 90 wins in 247 starts, that's like hitting a home run (not just a hit) at a .364 average. If a podium finish is a hit, his average would be .619. :eek: Mindboggling.

NSXLuvr said:
You would have thought that Ferrari would have treated him nicer instead of forcing him to make a decision. This is MS afterall - a guy who brought soo much glory to Ferrari.

You're forgetting they're Europeans. Hell, if there wasn't a US military base in every one of their countries they surely would have started at least 3 more world wars by now. :)

scorp965 said:
It may not be an insult, but it's a dick thing to say when a guy who has been involved in motorsport for 30+ years announces his retirement; picture yourself at a company party for some old dude retiring, and telling him you never liked him?

There's a time and a place for those comments, but the day the 7-time world champion (probably 8 time in a few weeks time) announces his retirement from the sport is not it.
Are you kidding!!??? This is a car forum, not Schumacher's retiring party. It is not a "dick" thing to voice his opinion on Schumi's sportmanship or lack of upon his retirement. So when President Bush finishes his term and some guy voices his dismays of his presidency, you are coming out to call the guy a "dick"??!! Not everyone idolizes Schumi. I for one think he is a cheater for doing the parking thing on the Monaco track among others. Granted he is a very accomplished driver, but a true champion and sportman should have better class than that.
Steve

Did anyone see the video where Schumacher rans into Ayrton Senna in qualifying and then Ayrton bites Schumacher 's head off? :biggrin:
just like VISA
these pictures are PRICE LESS!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX4JsQI1yxk

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ayrton Senna Spanks Michael1.JPG
    Ayrton Senna Spanks Michael1.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 245
  • Ayrton Senna Spanks Michael2.JPG
    Ayrton Senna Spanks Michael2.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 247
  • Ayrton Senna Spanks Michael3.JPG
    Ayrton Senna Spanks Michael3.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
schuey1010 said:
Believe me, if Senna had not passed so soon, Schu would not hold all the records he does, period.

I do believe you! :wink: In fact I think Senna was still improving and his best was still to come...

Back