• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Second Group buy for Paddock Performance Exhaust

More update regarding exhaust tip

from Paddock: As far as the tips go as long as they are with in the same price range for the tips we can weld on what ever you want but the only problem is that we have to verify that the tips will fit the rear bumper cut outs.

When will this group buy be ready? I need my exhaust before September 20th as that is when they start work on my car. Will this group buy be ready by then?

:confused:

druby said:
When will this group buy be ready? I need my exhaust before September 20th as that is when they start work on my car. Will this group buy be ready by then?

:confused:

Hey David

Sorry for the wait, as I have stated in my previous post, I am still waiting for Paddock to come up with a final price for this GB. I do understand your concern but I am work my way up to get the best price possible for everyone.
They actually sent me an email today and gave me the price of 855 for this GB but I turn them down. Being the person responsible for this GB I do feel that is my job to work with both sides to get the price within our acceptable range. I also understand price is the highest concern for most of people in this GB. Hopefully everything will get settle within this week.
The other thing is that paddock only makes these exhausts when someone orders them. Since time is your concern I am willing to let you be the first one that gets the exhaust. But of course other people in this GB would have to agree to that as well.

I'll contact Paddock and forward your concern with your time schedule.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Thank you, I appreciate your efforts I know this is taking your time and energy. Hopefully they will work with you and ya'll can get this finalized soon. If it helps you can say you are going to lose at least one person if they don't do something soon. I want to be in and hopefully everyone can benefit from this group buy the timing worked well for me with needing an exhaust right now and the group coming together at the same time.

druby said:
Thank you, I appreciate your efforts I know this is taking your time and energy. Hopefully they will work with you and ya'll can get this finalized soon. If it helps you can say you are going to lose at least one person if they don't do something soon. I want to be in and hopefully everyone can benefit from this group buy the timing worked well for me with needing an exhaust right now and the group coming together at the same time.

thank you for your understanding. I have sent them an email and told them about your issue. I also stated that you will only be in this GB within this week, if the price can't be settle within this week they'll lose you in this GB.

once again sorry for the wait

Wind

Thank you so much for asking the question on my behalf. I know the 4.5 " oval tip will fit (as described) - This is the tip that B&B offers for their exhaust if you do not want the twin tips on each side. The price is fine with me, I appreciate your efforts. I am going to their website to see if I can hear it. Michael

Hey David

got a bad news for you :( paddock will not be able to meet your need with your time schedule. sorry I tried

THonda said:
does Ken not have a cell phone? :D sucks to see you losing ppl due to the lack of response on their part...

the only time Ken had reply my email was the very 1st time which is about couple weeks ago.

More update, please read through the last two emails I have receive from Paddock today.

1. I can get them to you guys for $855.00 plus shipping cost. Unfortunatly we won't be able to get them out to you until the end of November. Due to the issues we have encountered with our new bender. I can get you guys on a list for the systems if you like. We are hoping to ship our exhaust systems out by the end of November. Once again thanks for all your help.

2. I have to go over with Ken what we can do on that pricing I know every one want's lower and who wouldn't? But we are in business as anyone else to build a product that can compare to the next guy with the same quality for less. The first systems I know went out for $750.00 plus freight. I don't think we can get it down that low again I will work on getting a better price for you but I don't know how much cheaper we can sell this exhaust for. For the materials and labor to make these systems I think it's well worth the price against our competitors but that will be finally upto the guys in the group buy to decided. I would love to see everyone running our exhaust systems and I will try my best to bring down the price but I know it will require everyone to be serious about the systems and put money down on it I know that we won't have the systems ready until November. So I don't know what do you think is a fair price I know we will definatly not be able to sell the systems for 750. I'll try to do my best but I will atleast need a list of people interested in doing a group buy. Let me know what you think.

Obviously the problem right now is time, as emails from paddock have stated these exhaust will not be ready until Nov. If anyone else is under a tight schedule please tell me, cause I need to give them a list of all confirm buyer.

If they could do it for $850 shipped to your door - that seems reasonable to me.

However I still need to know that they can do the sort of oval tips, like the Acura CL Type S, also seen them on the VW Toureg. They will fit nicely with the '02 valance.

Regardless, the tip needs to be a quality rolled edge, polished tip. I suppose I would go for the quietest system they offer. I wish I could hear one in person. Anyone in the San Francisco East Bay Area have one installed?

For some reason the sound on my computer is not working correctly, so I can barely hear the clip. Yeah I tried all the adjustments, just had the system completely rebuilt after a Trojan Virus.....perhaps the computer guy forgot to activate something. I will work on that with him.

Again, I appreciate all the work you are doing on this. I see their price on their site is $850, of course that is without tax and shipping and it also assumes their web price is current. So add $70 tax and I don't know $40 shipping for a cold call price of $960 perhaps.

Thanks, Michael :)

Cairo94507 said:
If they could do it for $850 shipped to your door - that seems reasonable to me.

However I still need to know that they can do the sort of oval tips, like the Acura CL Type S, also seen them on the VW Toureg. They will fit nicely with the '02 valance.

Regardless, the tip needs to be a quality rolled edge, polished tip. I suppose I would go for the quietest system they offer. I wish I could hear one in person. Anyone in the San Francisco East Bay Area have one installed?

For some reason the sound on my computer is not working correctly, so I can barely hear the clip. Yeah I tried all the adjustments, just had the system completely rebuilt after a Trojan Virus.....perhaps the computer guy forgot to activate something. I will work on that with him.

Again, I appreciate all the work you are doing on this. I see their price on their site is $850, of course that is without tax and shipping and it also assumes their web price is current. So add $70 tax and I don't know $40 shipping for a cold call price of $960 perhaps.

Thanks, Michael :)

Hey Michael

I have forward your question regarding oval tip, I'll post their reply :D

Wind

Hey Michael

more update regarding exhaust tip

"We could possibly use a Magnaflow number 35175 tip. Go to www.magnaflow.com and see if that would be close enough. If not we could get CL tips and weld them on there. We have to measure them. To make sure they would fit. I don't see that as being a problem."

Final price for this GB is 850

from Paddock: Wind, I've talked to Ken and $850.00 is the lowest possible price we can go on these units. I wish we could do better but at this point with materials and labor we can't do it for any cheaper than it already is.

please let me know if you'd like to be taken off the list

My tips on my Paddock...#35121.....

IMG_5733.jpg

Here is a picture of Paddock's newest system. This particular system is the "quietest" version. The sound and quality are exactly what I was looking for. I also found both Ken and Kim easy to work with.

Attachments

• IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 405
Norm said:
Here is a picture of Paddock's newest system. This particular system is the "quietest" version.
Could you post a sound clip? Also, how do you find cabin noise?
NSXWIND said:
Final price for this GB is 850

from Paddock: Wind, I've talked to Ken and $850.00 is the lowest possible price we can go on these units. I wish we could do better but at this point with materials and labor we can't do it for any cheaper than it already is.
I that price the same for all years of NSXs? Some years require more or less tubing.
Cairo94507 said:
Here is my question - Sorry
I want a quiet exhaust, comparatively speaking, with a deeper tone than stock. I want it to have polished stainless tips that are 4.5" ovals (like on the Acura CL Type S). I already know they are all stainless, a must. Can I get one?
I am in the same boat as you. As far as
magnaflow tips go I kindof like the 35158. I assume that since 1 is possible, they all are.

Also, anyone know how much one of these weighs?

Attachments

• tips.jpg
    tips.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 409
On the Paddock site the listed price for the exhaust is $850... ????
Is this group buy for an exhaust that is not yet priced on their site or are we just paying the regular price....? If that is the case we can all just order individually if we decide to.

cristo555 said:
On the Paddock site the listed price for the exhaust is $850... ????
Is this group buy for an exhaust that is not yet priced on their site or are we just paying the regular price....? If that is the case we can all just order individually if we decide to.

Paddock claim the new exhaust system retail for 950, the one they have on the web is the old system retail for 850.

Thanks for the info ---and all of your work putting this GB together. I'm still in on the buy. I think that this is the best sounding exhaust, not raspy or high pitched , which is exactly what I am looking for ... and compared to other exhaust prices... this is still a real bargain. What's the next step in ordering our choice of loudness and tips?

cristo555 said:
Thanks for the info ---and all of your work putting this GB together. I'm still in on the buy. I think that this is the best sounding exhaust, not raspy or high pitched , which is exactly what I am looking for ... and compared to other exhaust prices... this is still a real bargain. What's the next step in ordering our choice of loudness and tips?

you can pm/email me your choice of exhaust and tip, I'll forward it to Paddock to make sure they can work with the tip you want. than they'll ask for deposit

Since this exhaust has less welds than the previous version wouldn't you think it would require less labor to produce? It would seem to me that the welding and smoothing process for multiple welds on each pipe would be the most labor intensive aspect of the building process. Thanks for all your efforts NSXWIND but I don't think $850 is any kind of bargain, count me out.

Nate

Big_nate said:
Since this exhaust has less welds than the previous version wouldn't you think it would require less labor to produce? It would seem to me that the welding and smoothing process for multiple welds on each pipe would be the most labor intensive aspect of the building process. Thanks for all your efforts NSXWIND but I don't think $850 is any kind of bargain, count me out.

Nate

sorry man, i feel bad for not being able to get us better price :( . I'll keep fighting for better deal for this GB, I'll pm/email you if the price goes down

Thanks NSXWIND, like I said I definitely appreciate your time and effort in organizing this. Just not the price I was looking for, unfortunately. Please do keep me posted of any changes, good luck :)

Nate

Back