• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seibon TR spoiler, my personal review..u'd want to see this.

ok, so i purchased this brand new spoiler from a vendor here on Prime, i won't mention who but they did all they could to help me with the problem..i would still purchase from this vendor in the future with other item..plenty of picture to see..this is y budget wing are bad..i know, i know..why would u put such a crappy thing on the nsx right? well, i "THOUGHT" SEIBON product was suppose to be good..i KNOW other on here have purchase seibon product..they seem to have made a name for themself already..

Price: 450
Fitment: good
Quality: good
Build: somewhat bad

problem:
brake lamp fit poorly and cracks from low quality sealant let water in and stays in..wiring came out the wrong side of the wing..
DSC03809.jpg

DSC03810.jpg

DSC03804.jpg

DSC03806.jpg

DSC03807.jpg

DSC03780.jpg

wrong side wiring:
DSC03782.jpg

DSC03779.jpg

DSC03786.jpg

DSC03784.jpg

DSC03783.jpg

Fitment:
DSC03792.jpg

Gap of the wing's blade on driver side larger then driver side.
DSC03789.jpg

Driver side toe blade sits taller then passenger side.
DSC03790.jpg

DSC03791.jpg

under trunk screws holding wing down, all lines up pretty good..
DSC03787.jpg

DSC03788.jpg

so after sending numerous pictures to the vendor about the problem, vendor forwarded to Seibon..Seibon replied and said they pulled 1 wing from their current batch and it's the same problem...so they went back and look at ALL the wings from this batch and sure enought..ALL were like this..it amazes me how you can make a part for the nsx and still manage to miss which side the brake wiring should come out of..stock wiring for all yrs on the nsx is the same..Driver side..

anyway, i just thought i throw it out there so other can see..so they can learn from my mistake...

the wing is still on the car, the brake lamp still work dispite water get inside..took me an hour to fish the wiring to come out the driver side..had to drill a 3/8" hole under the driver side wing's blade to pull the wire out..PITA!!!

vendor offer to refund me minus shipping cost back to them..i don't feel like throwing 50-75$ down the drain..so, i kept it and try to make the best out of it..

so, inconclusion: make sure u check with whomever u plan on buying, part(s), wing, from to ensure that the part is built correctly..

good luck

You did'nt get the 1st crappy one. Their all crappy IMHO. Thats why I sold mine shortly after I bought it. You'll pay considerable more for the DF but well worth it. I bought my DF used {850.00} with no regrets.:wink:

for the time being, i don't mind having it really..fix up the small details and i'm good to go..like i said, for the time being really..i didn't see any review before, or i just didn't search deep enough for this kind of review..any who, the damage is done..paid for it might as well make some use out of it.

I feel the your pain.

I have similar issues with a wing Scorp695 (John Keezer)sold me. Virtually everything you have issues with I have issues with aswell. But I also have some other problems. My gelcoat is cracked on an edge and the top of my spoiler is bumpy. I paid $900 shipped for my garbage wing. But at least the vendor was willing to offer you a refund full refund minus shipping. I would have gladly taken that if I was offered it.

I am glad you made this thread to warn others of potential problems with products from a company or Vendor. A thread like this would have saved me $900

Seibon's wiring on the wrong side has been well documented here. A lot of people have this wing and did not seem to be too peeved they had to fish the wiring to the other side.

I couldn't get myself to buy the seibon or the DF and settled for the one by Jetz sold by HSC and am quite happy.

I am very disappointed lately with what I have received and spent much good money on. For me its 02 rear valences.
I have to call Downforce and HSC Both.
Now Tamoske, well, we know thats garbage but these guys.
What a joke.
Whats going on here.
Trev

I agree with Trev. Sometimes it's better to go OEM. I would say Procar has the best parts after OEM but they cost an arm and leg.

I am very disappointed lately with what I have received and spent much good money on. For me its 02 rear valences.
I have to call Downforce and HSC Both.
Now Tamoske, well, we know thats garbage but these guys.
What a joke.
Whats going on here.
Trev

Holy cow Trev, whats going on with you and parts?

I think my old skirts spoiled you :biggrin:

I feel the your pain.

I have similar issues with a wing Scorp695 sold me. Virtually everything you have issues with I have issues with aswell. But I also have some other problems. My gelcoat is cracked on an edge and the top of my spoiler is bumpy. I paid $900 shipped for my garbage wing. But at least the vendor was willing to offer you a refund full refund minus shipping. I would have gladly taken that if I was offered it.

I am glad you made this thread to warn others of potential problems with products from a company or Vendor. A thread like this would have saved me $900

Ed, you received two spoilers for this amount; you even sent a PM telling me you were satisfied with the replacement, before you sent me a PM a week later demanding a refund (while keeping one of the two wings). At worst, you paid $450/ea for two spoilers of comparable quality to the Seibon wing - the Seibon TR wing is produced from the same mold, by the same production factory, after I stopped purchasing wings from them late last year. I stopped purchasing wings from this company after the final revision showed up with the LED wiring on the wrong side; it's straight forward to 'flip' this wiring, but it's placement was a serious oversight. I had intended to have them refitted and produced by the forum's Lithuanian friend, but we all know how that turned out... a few of these wings were shipped to him last year for fitting reasons.

Overall, I would say the Seibon is unacceptable quality for most nsx owner's... this is why I stopped bringing them in (before they were branded as Seibon); with some DIY, it can be made acceptable; if you want to block and paint the wing, it's perfect, if you want to try and refit the spoiler, the right leg has all the fittment issues, and can be fixed with some redrilling. As for the downforce wing... I have seen several which are not a radical improvement in quality over the Seibon, the finish is smoother, but there are similar issues with gap. For some reason, some of the older downforce wings fit better than some of the newer ones; the Procar wing fits well, but I have heard the earlier ones can flex while driving.

The ironic thing is, when I first purchased my nsx in 2006, I went on a canyon drive behind an nsx equipped with the dreamsportz nsx-r spoiler - I remember thinking at the time how much better-looking the factory wing and LED bar was than this aftermarket raised wing with a small centrally-located LED. A year later, and the same wing (nsx-r style) was on my car... there is certainly an urge to modify with the nsx, but in many cases the stock parts look better.

Ed, you received two spoilers for this amount; you even sent a PM telling me you were satisfied with the replacement, before you sent me a PM a week later demanding a refund (while keeping one of the two wings). At worst, you paid $450/ea for two spoilers of comparable quality to the Seibon wing - the Seibon TR wing is produced from the same mold, by the same production factory, after I stopped purchasing wings from them late last year. I stopped purchasing wings from this company after the final revision showed up with the LED wiring on the wrong side; it's straight forward to 'flip' this wiring, but it's placement was a serious oversight. I had intended to have them refitted and produced by the forum's Lithuanian friend, but we all know how that turned out... a few of these wings were shipped to him last year for fitting reasons.

Overall, I would say the Seibon is unacceptable quality for most nsx owner's... this is why I stopped bringing them in (before they were branded as Seibon); with some DIY, it can be made acceptable; if you want to block and paint the wing, it's perfect, if you want to try and refit the spoiler, the right leg has all the fittment issues, and can be fixed with some redrilling. As for the downforce wing... I have seen several which are not a radical improvement in quality over the Seibon, the finish is smoother, but there are similar issues with gap. For some reason, some of the older downforce wings fit better than some of the newer ones; the Procar wing fits well, but I have heard the earlier ones can flex while driving.

The ironic thing is, when I first purchased my nsx in 2006, I went on a canyon drive behind an nsx equipped with the dreamsportz nsx-r spoiler - I remember thinking at the time how much better-looking the factory wing and LED bar was than this aftermarket raised wing with a small centrally-located LED. A year later, and the same wing (nsx-r style) was on my car... there is certainly an urge to modify with the nsx, but in many cases the stock parts look better.

John,

First off, I am glad you are finally speaking publically about this.

Second, I never said I was pleased with the replacement spoiler. The day I recieved it, I pm'ed you with my concerns with a visual inspection. Here is my pm to you

Hi John,

Just got the replacement spoiler.
I have opened it to inspect it.

There is slight damage in the same area as the other spoiler. The damage is cracking of the gel coat layer. It is no where near as bad as the other spoiler but there is some damage.

On the top of the spoiler there is a 'bump' and some minor imperfections in the gelcoat/clear coat throughout the spoiler.

The wiring for the brakelight is also on wrong side of the spoiler. (no big deal here, just need to drill a hole on the other side and re route the wiring)

I havent tested the spoiler for fitment yet and will do it next week when it warms up here

Overall I would give this spoiler a 6-7/10 from how it looks.

I am not sure if you plan on selling these spoilers to the NSX community. But there are some details that needs to be worked out with your manufacturer.

I will give you a shout back when I install the spoiler on the fitment to the car..

Ed

Here is my PM after I have tried the fitment. I never stated I wanted a refund. I wanted to sort it out and then you went on to ignore me completely

Hi John,

I am writing back to you like I said I would after I check the fitment on the car.

Overall it fits fine with the exception of the edges on the legs. Since the legs extend further than the stock spoiler. I fear it may rub the paint off the trunk lid. I may put a piece of clear tape or a rubber sticky on there to see it helps.

What I am really concerned about is the damage to the new spoiler is exactly in the same spot as the old spoiler. I have had a chance to see it with daylight and with fitment on the truck. It is not as badly damaged as the old spoiler, but in the daylight its quite noticeable still. I was really hoping it wouldn't be noticeable but it is.

To be 100% honest with you. I know you have been extremely patient with everything and extremely good through the whole process. But I still paid for a damaged spoiler throughout all of this. We both need to figure out a way to solve this. I am currently not please with the product that I recieved as being damaged.

Ed

As for keeping the 1st deflective garbage wing. I asked you want you wanted me to do with it. You told me to keep it. I got a PM from you stating that as well. Remember John, I paid you $900. And then you settle a claim with Fedex to recoup money for the damaged first wing which clearly wasn't their fault. 2 wings from you with same type of damage is not due to shipping. Its due to the mold. I have also been pm'ed from other prime members that have bought wings from you with the same problem.

Hi JOhn,

That is great to hear. I hope that when it comes. We can close this chapter and never think twice about it.

When the new spoiler arrives and everything is all good. What do you want me to do with the old one?

It is still sitting in the box on my living room love seat.

thanks for everything
Ed

Ed,

I was under the impression FedEx had picked up the damaged spoiler; if you still have it, you're free to use it however you see fit.

Regards,

John

How can you even begin to justify screwing me over by saying its ok that I have 2 wings for $900 that are junk????? At no point in time did I say I wanted to purchase a spoiler with cracks in the gelcoats, bumps on the top, and poor fitment issues. Some of the stuff I can live with like re routing the brake light harness. But having cracks in the gel coat is definitely not one of them.

Honestly, vendors like yourself and Tamoske are not here to make the community better. You guys are using Prime members as guinea pigs. You guys hope that we don't go public and you guys can continue to profit hugely from us for your own personal greed. I would say you are quite lucky that I don't live in your area code so we could have discussed our matter in person. Just like our Lithuania friend.

Last edited:
nsxotic911-
Hehehe..thanks..this is my friend's house..he drink tea, green tea..i don't drink it all that often..his nsx is getting worked on by S.O.S so i get the garage spot for he time being..ehehe..

well, i guess i didn't search that hard to find the document regarding Seibon wing having the wire on the wrong side. If this has been documented, i wonder y Seibon still make this mistake.. i'm sure if someone in the past had this problem and contacted Seibon regarding the issues, you would think they would fix the problems by now..right??

anyway, i just want to put this up with detailed pictures and what i went through so other new prime member would see it and hopefully won't have to go through what i did..

Trev,
u need to do this too bro, so people can see it..helping out the newbie..

You guys are expecting too much for the price. Aftermarket parts are rarely perfect. If you dont like the quality of "aftermarket" then the only other choice is oem. Spending $5000-$6000 for the real Honda NSX-R wing is far fetched for most people.

Seibon/Vis was NEVER known for top quality parts, so what makes you think that these parts for the NSX are any different? For around $400 you just can't expect perfect. For $6000, I would expect nothing less than perfect.:wink:

^^u have a point..i'm not saying i'm pissed or that the part is CRAP..i'm just stating that, atleast get the wiring correct..personally i think the wing look decent for the price..i just want other to see so they can make sure seibon or whoever it is do not have this small issues.

to each its own. oem or aftermarket..we all buy and use both..no way a $6000 wing is within most of our budget..

I had a seibon and now I have a Jetz spoiler and the Jetz is a thousand times better. I'm sure the best are DF, Procar, and then the OEM. But the Jetz is really good for the price. Also I got an unsmoked version of the type-R wing and Johnny will take it back and recondition it and smoke it for a small fee.

atleast get the wiring correct..personally i think the wing look decent for the price..i just want other to see so they can make sure seibon or whoever it is do not have this small issues.

Good of you to take the time to point out these issues for potential buyers.:smile:

I had one of the Seibon TR wings from the original batches(bought a year ago).

The funny thing was, Seibon or the manufacture that produced the first batch(or early batches) originally had the wire on the proper side. Not sure why they would decide to change the wiring later to the wrong side.:confused:

From most reviews, Jetz seems like the way to go for decent quality, proper shape and great price.

i thought jetz wing are suppose to be good.. saw some forsale on here, look pretty neat..especially the smoked version..

wats wrong with urs??

well not to bag on the company or anything like that, but when i first got my wing it looked good. the clear coat on the top deck was nice shiny and smooth, but on some parts of the wing it was bumpy, it wasnt too bad. once i installed it i tried closing the trunk and it rubbed on the side. i figured no problem ill just shift it over, but that didnt help at all. i noticed that the wholes were shifted to one side of the wing and on the right side it would stick out a bit. its been 3-4 months and the paints rubbed off, the clear coat starts to bump up. my smooth top deck had bumpy lines, and the bumps befor became more bumps. Maybe due to the sun beaming on it? other then that, i like the shape of the wing. Just needs to be sanded down on one side and a fresh clear coat.

Last edited:
well not to bag on the company or anything like that, but when i first got my wing it looked good. the clear coat on the top deck was nice shiny and smooth, but on some parts of the wing it was bumpy, it wasnt too bad. once i installed it i tried closing the trunk and it rubbed on the side. i figured no problem ill just shift it over, but that didnt help at all. i noticed that the wholes were shifted to one side of the wing and on the right side it would stick out a bit. its been 3-4 months and the paints rubbed off, the clear coat starts to bump up. my smooth top deck had bumpy lines, and the bumps befor became more bumps. Maybe due to the sun beaming on it? other then that, i like the shape of the wing. Just needs to be sanded down on one side and a fresh clear coat.

If I remember correctly you purchased the wing from another prime member about 10 months ago? The issue with the rubbing on one side was fixed when we found out the problem. There might have been some problem with the clear coating on your wing, email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks,
Johnny

I have problem with my JETZ 02 Rear Valence...formula red.
I just haven't contacted you yet....been so busy.
We must talk.
Trev

Back