• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Servicing NSX in Toronto

So, I'm going to be shipping my car back to Toronto, Canada (My REAL home!) from Orange County (SoCal). My big concern is where to service it when I get back.

I've been going to Autowave where at any given time, there are 2-3 NSXs in the shop and these guys really know the NSX. Who is reliable and reasonable in the Toronto area?

My clutch is in need replacing so I think I'll get it done at Autowave before I return along with my windshield and 60k service...

Man, that is going to be a huge change. From every day being beautiful, sunny, and warm.....to, well....winter in Canada. :D

Meeyatch1 said:
Man, that is going to be a huge change. From every day being beautiful, sunny, and warm.....to, well....winter in Canada. :D

No kidding... I'll just have to store it for the winters... and get as much service and mods done before I return!

Your pain could be close to mine.

Purchasing the car of my dreams right before XMas, driving it for 36kms, then immediately parking it for the winter.

The pain is relentless!

Is spring never going to come?

Seriously, how many more days? :D

hehe, I hear ya... at least I got mine 6 months ago and have already put 9000 miles! Drove to San Fran and Vegas twice.

Hey, you wouldn't happen to know a guy named James who's got an S2k and just got an M5 would you? He mentioned he had a friend who just bought a Yellow X.

SPA_S2000 said:
Your pain could be close to mine.

Purchasing the car of my dreams right before XMas, driving it for 36kms, then immediately parking it for the winter.

The pain is relentless!

Is spring never going to come?

Seriously, how many more days? :D

Why yes I know James.

That kids far too cool to admit knowing me though :D

The day I picked up my NSX, he ran out onto Bay St to come see it.

All he could do was giggle. Find him a US white 97+ for a good deal and there will be another NSX owner in town.

I think with the growing amount of NSX's in the Toronto area, we should get a spring meet planned. I split my time between the U.S. (Indiana) and Canada (Barrie,Ontario) so part of the year I am about 30 minutes north of you. You guys up for it?

James, how cool would you be with a white 97+ with NSX-R wheels and a NSX-R spoiler?

Certainly way cooler than you are now in your 4000 lb 4 dr sedan!

:D :D :D

SPA_S2000 said:
James, how cool would you be with a white 97+ with NSX-R wheels and a NSX-R spoiler?

Certainly way cooler than you are now in your 4000 lb 4 dr sedan!

:D :D :D

Ouch... I don't see many 97+ white ones for sale... but I'll keep looking. I think you'd be better off with an older white NSX with the black roof.

Considering that they only made 12 - 14 white NSXs per year since 97, it won't be easy to find a good one...

I saw about 5 NSX's before I got mine and paid for 3 inspections ($60/per) to finally get the right one. These cars mostly suffer from neglect since the maintenance cost is higher and they usually driven less but much harder.

I'll keep looking down here...

Hey SPA_2000, did you have to pay duties since the car was made in Japan? I originally assumed a 6% duty. Is that still accurate or did you purchase it locally?

Meeyatch1 said:
I think with the growing amount of NSX's in the Toronto area, we should get a spring meet planned. I split my time between the U.S. (Indiana) and Canada (Barrie,Ontario) so part of the year I am about 30 minutes north of you. You guys up for it?

Always up for a good meet. Down here, we have montly meets and usually 25-30 NSXs show up and occupy the front lot of South Coast Acura.

The JGTC brought 100 NSXs!

lithiumus said:
Hey SPA_2000, did you have to pay duties since the car was made in Japan? I originally assumed a 6% duty. Is that still accurate or did you purchase it locally?

I bought a CDN car that had been sitting, without any buying interest, for two years at the dealer since it was built.

I believe that the 6% figure is accurate.

Back