• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shifting issues with SOS Sport clutch

I had the SOS 6 puck clutch but a piece of the center hub came apart and SOS replaced it under warranty. The drivablity wasn't what I was looking for so I decided to try the full face SOS clutch. A local Dealer installed it and It hasn't worked correctly since I got the car back.

The problem is it will not shift at high rpm. At lower rpm its fine (below 3000 rpm) above that it takes a lot of effort and time to shift. If I shift at redline it will not go into gear until the rpms fall to about 4500 rpm.

The clutch pedal is adjusted IAW the specs provided by SOS and the clutch has been bled with no air showing in the tube.

Has anyone had a similar issue or any suggestions? Thank you for any help.

Gary

Last edited:
Unless the clutch was installed wrong, there aren't many reasons this would happen. Being a single disk clutch, there aren't to many ways to "wrongly" install it.

There is a possibility that the clutch could have been damaged if there was excessive force exerted on the clutch upon reinstallation of the transmission. they could have rested the transmission on the clutch via the input shaft and hurt something.

Since it is a single disk clutch initialization is out of the question.

As stated above, try double clutching. If the problem goes away it may be the transmission. I doubt it though as I assume it worked fine before the clutch installation.I highly suspect it is the clutch.

I had the SOS 6 puck clutch but a piece of the center hub came apart and SOS replaced it under warranty. The drivablity wasn't what I was looking for so I decided to try the full face SOS clutch. A local Dealer installed it and It hasn't worked correctly since I got the car back.

The problem is it will not shift at high rpm. At lower rpm its fine (below 3000 rpm) above that it takes a lot of effort and time to shift. If I shift at redline it will not go into gear until the rpms fall to about 4500 rpm.

The clutch pedal is adjusted IAW the specs provided by SOS and the clutch has been bled with no air showing in the tube.

Has anyone had a similar issue or any suggestions? Thank you for any help.

Gary

your shift fork is installed incorrectly.

This is one of the last pieces you install if you forgot to place it in the case before you bolt it together.

I think your dealer... tried to get it in after the install and didnt want to "redo" the job.. common error. 95% sure on this

Thanks a ton for the feedback. I was wondering if it was possible to do the install incorrectly and have it work at low RPM. Double clutching doesn't help. I'll park the car. It's going back on Monday and I will bring this up.

Gary

Last edited:
Thanks a ton for the feedback. I was wondering if it was possible to do the install incorrectly and have it work at low RPM. Double clutching doesn't help. I'll park the car. It's going back on Monday and I will bring this up.

Gary

anything is possible when parts are installed incorrectly

Back