• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Show your before and after pics

OK but you still need an R hood. So does Synth19.

Definitely considered it, but imola orange pearl is too hard to match. Maybe....

We seriously considered it this Summer but our painter who matched the LBBP perfectly retired and closed up shop and another factor is that the fitment of the r-hood I have seen have not been that great. We were going to have the hood painted and leave the CF weave exposed up the vent but since I never trusted the fitment we decided against it. Maybe some day though......oh and Synth your car would look great w/ an R-hood if you can find the right painter. :wink:

I'll bite.

Picture from the ad I saw before I bought the car:

2980945720_e8d4e6de58_o.jpg

My first set of new wheels:

3340153916_8d0f5187e2_b.jpg

Coilovers:

3554796498_263ec7a4a5_o.jpg

Pics from last Wednesday:

30332_388281863961_512348961_3969198_3291337_n.jpg

30332_388280438961_512348961_3969163_8363928_n.jpg

30332_388280378961_512348961_3969151_267714_n.jpg

We seriously considered it this Summer but our painter who matched the LBBP perfectly retired and closed up shop and another factor is that the fitment of the r-hood I have seen have not been that great. We were going to have the hood painted and leave the CF weave exposed up the vent but since I never trusted the fitment we decided against it. Maybe some day though......oh and Synth your car would look great w/ an R-hood if you can find the right painter. :wink:

Well don't buy a cheap one. I have a downforce Gen II CF and the fitment is as good as my stock hood. The gaps, the curves, everything is dead on. It's been on for 2 seasons now, through cold and hot of New England, and it has not changed shape.

As for paint, I can't imagine a good body shop can't do it. They need to stay off the color chart, and match to an existing part of the body. My body shop had 10 different shades of silverstone, and they used my gas cap to analyze and get a perfect match. It is, exactly the same color as the rest of the car, and silver is extremely tough. They tested it first.

Last edited:
Respectfully, LBBP and Imola Orange are arguably the hardest colors to color match. Silverstone is not even close on the difficulty scale. You have to keep in mind that both of these colors are a tri-coat/pearl. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's something to keep in mind before one commits to a 2k+ hood/labor job. :)

Well don't buy a cheap one. I have a downforce Gen II CF and the fitment is as good as my stock hood. The gaps, the curves, everything is dead on. It's been on for 2 seasons now, through cold and hot of New England, and it has not changed shape.

As for paint, I can't imagine a good body shop can't do it. They need to stay off the color chart, and match to an existing part of the body. My body shop had 10 different shades of silverstone, and they used my gas cap to analyze and get a perfect match. It is, exactly the same color as the rest of the car, and silver is extremely tough. They tested it first.

I dont know why I can never put the pics up like you guys but the first is the day i bought it with the original owners uncle and the second is it now.

Attachments

• IMG_1250.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_1909.jpg
    IMG_1909.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
synth,
imola orange can be matched perfectly. WE have a local imola 04 nsx (up2yu) that recently painted his nsx-r hood to match. It is a perfect match and no blending to the fenders or hood, so he can put the stock hood on .

synth,
imola orange can be matched perfectly. WE have a local imola 04 nsx (up2yu) that recently painted his nsx-r hood to match. It is a perfect match and no blending to the fenders or hood, so he can put the stock hood on .

I'm not saying it's impossible, but difficult. I've been turned away by a few reputable bodyshops because they couldn't guarantee a perfect match without blending. Good to hear you guys have a great local shop!

I'm not saying it's impossible, but difficult. I've been turned away by a few reputable bodyshops because they couldn't guarantee a perfect match without blending. Good to hear you guys have a great local shop!

Yeah stop making excuses and get one already. That way your avatar isn't lying about how you really look like one of those dating sites...

Last edited:
Our painter matched the wing and then the sideskirts (1 year after the wing) perfectly so there is no doubt it can be done but like I said our painter closed up shop and the fitment bothered me more than anything. We were planning on getting the DF CF top/bottom hood but we would have to find a new painter. Oh well, maybe some day.......

Our painter matched the wing and then the sideskirts (1 year after the wing) perfectly so there is no doubt it can be done but like I said our painter closed up shop and the fitment bothered me more than anything. We were planning on getting the DF CF top/bottom hood but we would have to find a new painter. Oh well, maybe some day.......

I can tell you really that my downforce is a perfect fit. I don't know about some of those other brands but I think with DF or Procar you would have a perfect fit.

You're one hell of a motivator! lol!

You have color matched Brembos for God's sake... you're like this chick that wears a pair of $900 high strap shoes with 5" heels together with a gray sweatshirt.

^ man, you make me laugh MAO :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

you could sell a fireplace to a tribe in sahara :tongue::tongue:

That's really nice....

could really use an 02+ side skirt though....

LOL... I'm the designated style police here...

The more I look at it, the more I'm starting to think the R wing is a pretty hideous trunk wart... from the side it is just horrendous...

Not with OEM wheels pal. :biggrin:

You're crazy man. OEM 02+ wheels are a lot better than most aftermarket wheels. I like yours a lot actually. But since I actually track my car and am more than just a pretty face, I have to stay light. Yours just likes to sit and look pretty. My car is a man. Yours is a chick. I'm sorry but.... it is what it is.

You're crazy man. OEM 02+ wheels are a lot better than most aftermarket wheels. I like yours a lot actually. But since I actually track my car and am more than just a pretty face, I have to stay light. Yours just likes to sit and look pretty. My car is a man. Yours is a chick. I'm sorry but.... it is what it is.

Oh no you didn't just call me a chick?!!? hahaha... All of my comments in this thread came off friendly or in jest, but you obviously had to start getting personal after getting butthurt when I made a simple joke. Anyways,call yourself a track police then, not a style police. Style is about making yourself different from an aesthetic standpoint. You can justify OEM wheels in anyway you want, but I don't see how you can come across on this thread thread telling people what they should do. I don't even know why I even acknowledged any of your "style" comments when your car pretty much looks stock. This thread is about before and after pics, great work on derailing it. But I agree, you are the man. I acknowledge it, maybe now we can get back on topic.

synth just think,as per turbos own words,you ride your woman car:cool: turbo rides his man car....hard....:eek:

Back