• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sick

Where do I get it? Is it a pill or do I drink it?

Nevermind, I just asked Renee to get some and she said she has been putting it in the Thai soup I have been eating daily since I got sick.

Have her dial up the dosage.

Impossible to over dose.

There are other benefits like anti-cancer, softens up ur skin from within, ups ur metabolism, etc. Just google it. Too much info on the benefits.

The negative press on coconut oil comes from hydrogenating it, not in its virgin form.

Actually I feel really guilty because I have laid a lot of responsibility on her shoulders over the last couple of weeks. AS you know she is pregnant and taking care of Lania because the day before I got sick Renee's mother went on vacation, she is usually here every day to help with the baby. On top of that this is the busiest month of the year for us, student turnover, this week is rent collection which she is doing the cities I usually do and the ones her mother does. Plus she is keeping everything else going AND taking me to the doctor. It's way too much pressure for someone who is pregnant. I feel really bad about putting so much pressure on her. She is dropping off clean towels, sheets and food everyday as I locked myself up in the bedroom. If anything at all I want to be certain not to get her sick or my daughter but all I really want to do is hug them both really tight.
understood... sounds challenging, but i know you guys will get through it and will look back and say, "man, how did we get through that without killing ourselves - or one another?"

looking forward to hearing you're improving, steve.

you sound sick......anyway most infectious diseases are diagnosable.....you could have a virus like adult measles varicella,coxsacky ect...Your docs should be able to make a diagnosis if they order all the stuff.RSO is our resident JD wannabe MD but his suggestions are not jokes..

"Get well. Get well soon. We wish you to get well...."

But seriously, get well

Sorry to hear about this steve. I hope you're feeling a little better today. Did you ever get the Lyme Disease test?

PLease get better, thus far my Gallbladder is the only thing that REALLY made me go to the doctor and sit and cry, also I got yelled for eating CRAP etc etc .. but it was scary, same thing, I did full blood exam, etc ,,, is horrible to be sick, when you are sick, nothing really matters ... you just want to be normal ..

I hope you get better soon, you are a Primer that is kinda like the core soul of this site, please keep us laughing always!!

Oscar

U get ur gallbladder removed?

I feel as if I may be getting better although my tongue is now sore and swollen I generally feel a little bit better today. I have been sucking on a lot of clove candy so maybe that's what's up with my tongue. The sweating is letting up but my throat is still raw. I just feel OK today. I now have what is probably the strongest immune system this side of the Mississippi. I could go to any lab and lick the petri dishes and proclaim "you ain't got nothing on me!" :D

I have been sick before but never more than a couple of days. This was a bad one. I think I am getting old

I feel as if I may be getting better although my tongue is now sore and swollen I generally feel a little bit better today. I have been sucking on a lot of clove candy so maybe that's what's up with my tongue. The sweating is letting up but my throat is still raw. I just feel OK today. I now have what is probably the strongest immune system this side of the Mississippi. I could go to any lab and lick the petri dishes and proclaim "you ain't got nothing on me!" :D

I have been sick before but never more than a couple of days. This was a bad one. I think I am getting old

Steve,

Glad to hear you are getting better, albeit slowly!:frown:

I am like you never get sick if I am goes away in a day or so...had the swine flu and man that screwed me up for a while. Felt like it took months to fully recover my strength and immunity. Just keep up the good health habits and I'm sure you will be fine.

I feel as if I may be getting better... I think I am getting old
good news:

1. you're feeling better.
2. you may be getting old. considering the alternative, not the worst thing that can happen to you.

remember: just because you're getting older doesn't mean you have to grow up. in fact, we're counting on you in this regard ;)

hal

i feel as if i may be getting better although my tongue is now sore and swollen i generally feel a little bit better today. I have been sucking on a lot of clove candy so maybe that's what's up with my tongue. The sweating is letting up but my throat is still raw. I just feel ok today. I now have what is probably the strongest immune system this side of the mississippi. I could go to any lab and lick the petri dishes and proclaim "you ain't got nothing on me!" :d

i have been sick before but never more than a couple of days. This was a bad one. I think i am getting old

get well!!!

good news:

1. you're feeling better.
2. you may be getting old. considering the alternative, not the worst thing that can happen to you.

remember: just because you're getting older doesn't mean you have to grow up. in fact, we're counting on you in this regard ;)

hal

That's funny! I always say the same thing. Growing old is required. Growing up is not.

U get ur gallbladder removed?

yikes, no, I changed my diet, drink a lot of water, salads .. less coke .. is hard, some good things in life can be bad for you! LOL

yikes, no, I changed my diet, drink a lot of water, salads .. less coke .. is hard, some good things in life can be bad for you! LOL

If u get ur gallbladder removed u will have halitosis and no girls (or guys) will wanna be anywhere near ur mouth. And I'm talking a foot or 2.

That's what happened to this gal that I was dating years ago. She was hot, but had some gall stone and after that her breath was real bad. She flossed, brushed, ate mints, chewed gum. Probably the cleanest mouth. But the smell came from her stomach.

Steve, get better!

Any update today?

Sorry to read about this.

Best wishes on a Speedy Recovery Dude!!!

Get well, man

Gimme a ring if you get bored and we can plot world domination. :biggrin:

If you've been to doctors I would assume this was the first thing you were checked for but you didn't mention it: Tonsillitis? I had an abscessed tonsil once. I was very sick and it hurt to even talk.

Last edited:
Just popping into prime and found this thread. Damn, Steve. You're still sick as a dog?? You REALLY must be going insane. If I had what you had and got better, I'd be sort of annoyed that I might not even know what it was that I had!! But all the same, get better soon anyway :)

I haven't been here for a few days. I hope you are indeed feeling better Steve. Doug wouldn't know what to do without his late night phone calls.

And, getting old is the whole point! In the words of Mr. Miyagi, "Always remember, keep breathing."

Back