• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sick

I feel as if I may be getting better although my tongue is now sore and swollen I generally feel a little bit better today. I have been sucking on a lot of clove candy so maybe that's what's up with my tongue. The sweating is letting up but my throat is still raw. I just feel OK today. I now have what is probably the strongest immune system this side of the Mississippi. I could go to any lab and lick the petri dishes and proclaim "you ain't got nothing on me!" :D

I have been sick before but never more than a couple of days. This was a bad one. I think I am getting old

Eat as many raw peeled garlic cloves as you can stand it (10-15)... you wont smell very good but you will feel better after a good day of rest... And take some vitamin C and eat some ginger while you're at it... and drink some hot tea... and a hot shower lol usually those things help me feel better when I've been sick as a dog.

I was so sick once that I couldn't hold down anything but gatorade and had a fever of 103.5F... talk about some crazy dreams and hallucinations! Even water would come right back up... hope you'll be back at it soon!

Last edited:
Any updates??

I have had this three times. Last time dr. Said it was chicken pox. I just had to lol. Proves that drs don't listen to what you say. Excuse me, did you hear the THREE times part or do you just want to get me out of your office?

I told the dr. I wanted to figure out what this was before it killed me. She said it didnt kill you last time. I asked if a 60 year old could take being sick like that without dying. She gave me a look that said no.

Symptoms last time pretty much the same except I broke out from waist up. I have only ever had a few pimples in my life but in just a few minutes I watched hundreds break out all over my upper body and face. I was pretty scared.

Lymph nodes in neck the size of golf balls
Teeth hurt bad
Every hair follicle on my head hurt
105.9 temp at the max
My body was super hot to the touch
Sweating all night long
Shiver, clatter teeth cold
Sleep for 3/4 of the day for first few days
Throat so bad can not eat for 7 days, could not swallow for two
Hunger was not an issue even though I did not eat
Lost 20 plus pounds, I only weigh 180-5 to begin with and I'm 6 foot tall
Super bad lower back pain
Throat hurt way down in my neck
Throat, tounge, mouth covered in white spots

I can feel when this is about to come on before it happens. I get restless, and I feel really dried out.

This last time the dr called my house 3 times a day to check on me.

Side note. A common denominator is that each time before I have been sick I have had my teeth cleaned. Its a new dentist that I just switched to. I have been to that dentist more times than I have been sick though. I have been to the dentist like 6 times but I have been sick three, however I have had the cleaning done just 3 times and followed by illness? Idk just a thought.

Last edited:
steve, i can't help but wonder if there is a research hospital in your region you should be visiting. when my father came down with something unusual 3 years ago, he was referred to a well known university research hospital that helped diagnosis and effectively treat his problem.

sorry to hear this is still happening, steve - sending good vibes your way.

Side note. A common denominator is that each time before I have been sick I have had my teeth cleaned. Its a new dentist that I just switched to. I have been to that dentist more times than I have been sick though. I have been to the dentist like 6 times but I have been sick three, however I have had the cleaning done just 3 times and followed by illness? Idk just a thought.

Drawing at straws, but maybe this?
http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/dental-abscess

still sounds like you are suseptable to an infectious organism but it could be a rare one like babesiosis or cat scratch fever.The only anatomic thing i would worry about if you are sick after dental work would be a small hole in your heart like a tiny septal defect,this can allow bacteria(from the bleeding gums) to bypass the lungs and go straight from the venous side to the arterial side.The lungs act as a sort of filter allowing our immune system to destroy bugs in our bloodstream.Ask you docs for an echocardiogram if you have never had one.

Last edited:
I have had this three times. Last time dr. Said it was chicken pox. I just had to lol. Proves that drs don't listen to what you say. Excuse me, did you hear the THREE times part or do you just want to get me out of your office?

I told the dr. I wanted to figure out what this was before it killed me. She said it didnt kill you last time. I asked if a 60 year old could take being sick like that without dying. She gave me a look that said no.

Symptoms last time pretty much the same except I broke out from waist up. I have only ever had a few pimples in my life but in just a few minutes I watched hundreds break out all over my upper body and face. I was pretty scared.

Lymph nodes in neck the size of golf balls
Teeth hurt bad
Every hair follicle on my head hurt
105.9 temp at the max
My body was super hot to the touch
Sweating all night long
Shiver, clatter teeth cold
Sleep for 3/4 of the day for first few days
Throat so bad can not eat for 7 days, could not swallow for two
Hunger was not an issue even though I did not eat
Lost 20 plus pounds, I only weigh 180-5 to begin with and I'm 6 foot tall
Super bad lower back pain
Throat hurt way down in my neck
Throat, tounge, mouth covered in white spots

I can feel when this is about to come on before it happens. I get restless, and I feel really dried out.

This last time the dr called my house 3 times a day to check on me.

Sounds like some sort of infection from the dentist man..... not my field but I really dont believe in coincidence bro... if your teeth hurt, start there.

Are you taking any medicine??

Back