• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Signature Series sideskirts

odenspike said:
Spa_S2000, are you going to use the silver vent mesh in the side skirts and replace the black oems with silver also or just leave the black ones in and nothing in the SSs or possibly paint the silver vent mesh black also?

Good god Im glad you asked - I never even thought about it.

Im going to go black.

Owe you odenspike.

What else am I not thinking about?

FYI...Make sure they paint the inside of the skirt black. Also, I had my guy add a thin rubber moulding between the rocker and the skirt, all the way down the jamb. Not because there was any wierd gap, but just because it conceals ANY inperfections in the seam. I'm REALLY glad I did...it looks factory!

Jae and Stacy, Thanks for the tips. I wouldn't have thought about that. Yall probably just saved me and spa some frustrations.

^^^AAAHHHHH There are all these things I didnt know - now Im getting worried.

OK -here is my list
black stainless grill
black rockers under the skirts
black on the back of the skirts
rubber molding between rocker and skirt

Jae5150 said:
FYI...Make sure they paint the inside of the skirt black. Also, I had my guy add a thin rubber moulding between the rocker and the skirt, all the way down the jamb. Not because there was any wierd gap, but just because it conceals ANY inperfections in the seam. I'm REALLY glad I did...it looks factory!
This rubber moulding,Is it like a door edge moulding?
This is a good idea,I may have to include this in the future kit!

SPA_S2000 said:
^^^AAAHHHHH There are all these things I didnt know - now Im getting worried.

OK -here is my list
black stainless grill
black rockers under the skirts
black on the back of the skirts
rubber molding between rocker and skirt
No worries Dave!!
These are just tiny details to enhance the look!!!
They would have been fine anyway.
I didn't use the rubber moulding or paint the backside of the skirts and mine look great!
All Jae is doing is pointing out these tiny details,Thanks Joel !!!
Stacy

We were also debating on how to re-attach the "NSX" sill plate to the new SS (on the skirt side), and ended up drilling holes (probably 5/8 or so) into the skirts so that the sill tabs that originally fit into the OEM skirts, slip into Stacys skirts the same way. It worked out really well...it has a nice snug fit, and we didn't have to clip the tabs on the sill plate, or glue it down. Hope this all makes sense.

I think Ive got the first 02+ that has been Stacyized.

IMG_4152.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

I have received tons of compliments on the lines of Stacy's skirts; I love them.

I do not think that he could have done a better job designing these, with the exception that they are not a perfect bolt on kit. That may be too much to ask as even though the body shop that put mine on had to do some sanding here and there (only to make them 100%), they too remarked that these skirts were very well done and much better than most of what they see.The temperature wasnt that great (its getting cold in Toronto!) for fitting fiberglass, so Ive got to bring them back in the spring to make them 100%. Right now, Id say theyre 95% there.

The stock door panels on the 02+s are terrific and youve got no need to put Stacy's panels on for his skirts. These skirts also look great with the 02+ rear valance.

Overall I am elated with them.

Thanks Stacy.

I love your cluster rings also (in for 3 weeks).

Ok guys the most important thing to remember is to sand the front fender profile perfect.You even need to notch the skirt at the bottom of the front fender,as you can see in the pic below.Once this is done it will bring the skirt tight to the profile and up,at which point you can sand the top of the fender piece on the skirt to match the height of the door piece.After that you will probably need to take a little off of the inside of the sill where it touches the car,I built them wide as not to have a gap!
This is a photo to exactly how the profile should look.That little notch as expressed above is one of the most important things to having these skirts fit as close to OEM as possible.You can see how it all lines up when you look down it here.The door piece is on the same plane and the gap is as close to factory as possible.
Hopefully soon we will have no fitting required just prep!!!
Downforce has been shipped a set to build the NEW MOLDS,and so far his work seems impeccable.

Attachments

• stac.JPG
    stac.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Dave love these two pics.A little fine tuning to the fitment as you said above and YES they will look perfect!!
Just follow what I said in the PM earlier!
Again these two pics look quit stunning.Great looking car Dave,makes me want the 02 front end!!!

Attachments

• dave dean5.jpg
    dave dean5.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 352
  • dave dean6.jpg7.jpg
    dave dean6.jpg7.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Looks great! Looking forward to getting my install completed soon as well.

stacy, are these available again? not sure if i'm ready to buy (wife factor :)) but i would like to know if they're available should i overcome that hurdle. i'm picking up a WW lip and it's always better if the paint shop only has to mix once.

thanks!

Yes they are still available,through Peter at Downforce.He can be reached through NSX Prime via private message.I have been extremely busy and have no time to do these,so I am letting Peter deal with them.

Stacy

Has anyone installed these without the door trim piece? If so, does anyone have a pic?

Griffen said:
Has anyone installed these without the door trim piece? If so, does anyone have a pic?

Go to the 4th page of my gallery. Not the best pictures, but you can see what the "older" model skirts look like without the door trim. If you scroll through my gallery you'll see pictures with the door panel on taken at almost the same angles. It's not too bad, but you will have about a 1/4" offset from the door to the skirt. Not noticable, but if you're like me, it will begin to bug the hell out of you. It's like most people will see the car and will be too wowed to even care. Meanwhile, all I could see is this 1/4" gap (car, what car?) :tongue: :biggrin:

There's quite a big gap between the skirt and the body :eek:

Henry.

SPA_S2000 said:
I think Ive got the first 02+ that has been Stacyized.

IMG_4160.jpg

I have received tons of compliments on the lines of Stacy's skirts; I love them.

I do not think that he could have done a better job designing these, with the exception that they are not a perfect bolt on kit. That may be too much to ask as even though the body shop that put mine on had to do some sanding here and there (only to make them 100%), they too remarked that these skirts were very well done and much better than most of what they see.The temperature wasnt that great (its getting cold in Toronto!) for fitting fiberglass, so Ive got to bring them back in the spring to make them 100%. Right now, Id say theyre 95% there.

The stock door panels on the 02+s are terrific and youve got no need to put Stacy's panels on for his skirts. These skirts also look great with the 02+ rear valance.

Overall I am elated with them.

Thanks Stacy.

I love your cluster rings also (in for 3 weeks).

In the above pic they needed to raise it up a hair.You can see the mounting of the front fender piece is down a bit.Click on my pic and you can see where I circled it.This is the par that needs to be mounted a bit higher,which will pull all pieces much closer to the body.They can correct that very easily.I have talked to Dave about that,when we met up for dinner on his trip to Vancouver.

Attachments

• New style vented bodykit8.JPG
    New style vented bodykit8.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 239
Back