smoked!

Never try it on with an V12 Compressor AMG.....

We were behind slow traffic at maybe 90km/hr. I was right behind him... When the road got clear we both accelerated at maximum possible. Man, I tought I was driving my Renault Kangoo. The way he speeded away from me was really... I can't type anymore, I've to find a towel for my tears...........

Last edited:
Yeah, the newer AMG models are simply insane. I'd love to have an E55 AMG, its just amazing the amount of power those cars are making. I know they don't handle like an NSX, or even have a manual transmission option, but for flat out speed.......

Will

To quote one site I just looked at:

"The Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG: with its 12-cylinder AMG biturbo engine, an output of 450 kW/612 hp and a maximum torque of 1000 Nm – the new SL 65 AMG is the world's most powerful and highest-torque series-produced roadster.

The open-top two-seater not only maintains Mercedes-AMG’s impressive V12 tradition; it also offers a level of performance previously unheard of in this engine size class: the SL 65 AMG accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.2 seconds and passes the 200 km/h mark after just 12.9 seconds; its top speed is 250 km/h (electronically governed)."

So yes, you never had a chance. :wink:

midNight Sun Xpress said:
At least you can beat them on top-speed....

Hi

I drove behind a BMW M5 on the Autobahn when I got the NSX and that was my thought too. If the race was on I was hoping they were restricted to "only" 250 km/h. Then I could "blow" past them at 275 km/h :biggrin:

Regards

OMG..
I had the same experience the other day with an SL65 that lives near me he's smoked me once but it was only a short run.. on saturday we had a straight and a few turns up to 120MPH and I was getting wasted but it was fun and we gave each other the thumbs up. And the sound!!! sounds like a jet fighter. and my dad has got the plain ! S600 but the SL65 is just crazy...

I saw an SL65 AMG at a local quarter mile raceway a couple of weeks ago. It was incredible. :biggrin: It was running mid-low 11 seconds at mid-high 120 mph speeds. The driver/owner of the AMG must have made 20 passes. I was very impressed. :eek: :cool:

Back