• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

so santa got me...SNAP RING FAILURE!!

I'm thinking about getting the SOS 6 speed conversion.
Anyone know if they have any faults?

I had a used 6-speed installed (purchased from SOS) with the SOS sport clutch and also the 4.23 final drive and LSD on my 91. No problems.

I think the 6-speed really brings the car to more modern standards and the 4.23 is more responsive for street driving. Very happy with the results.

A nice upgrade if your transmission needs to rebuilt anyway.

yes i still have both of them the hood and the engine cover.and yes a lil monetary help would definitely get her one step back on the road where she belongs!!

Sorry to hear about the failure. It would be a good idea to not continue to drive the car so that fragments of the snap ring do not cause additional damage.

With the miles, it would be highly recommended to rebuild the transmission when the case is replaced. In our rebuilde servicethe case and labor is deducted from your core refund if your transmission is in range (a new snap ring is already included in the price of the assembly). We offer a core-exchange process where we send you a full rebuildt transmission in advance (which is what Chris noted), that eliminates down time of the car. Lots more info here, and we're here to discuss any details you may have questions on:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...SX/ScienceofSpeed/transmissions/custom_5-spd/

take care,
-- Chris

Sorry to hear about the failure. It would be a good idea to not continue to drive the car so that fragments of the snap ring do not cause additional damage.

With the miles, it would be highly recommended to rebuild the transmission when the case is replaced. In our rebuilde servicethe case and labor is deducted from your core refund if your transmission is in range (a new snap ring is already included in the price of the assembly). We offer a core-exchange process where we send you a full rebuildt transmission in advance (which is what Chris noted), that eliminates down time of the car. Lots more info here, and we're here to discuss any details you may have questions on:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...SX/ScienceofSpeed/transmissions/custom_5-spd/

take care,
-- Chris

yeah thanks chris!! i will definitely going for the blue printed oem spec transmission from you guys. i am hoping by the end of january i should be ready to purchase that newly rebuilt trans..thanks for the help guys!

Be carefull buying anything from Dali. If its not COD chances are you won't receive it. Make sure you do your research

I bought the snap ring fix kit from dali a few months back and had no problems. I emailed him before placing the order due to the reviews on here. I would order from him again.

Back