• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So, who's planning on buying the new NSX?

Just wondering who is seriously considering buying the new NSX, and have put their name on a waiting list at their local dealer? I am about 90% sure I am going to pick one up. Assuming, of course, that Acura doesn't screw up and make the production version substantially different than the concept, and that the price tag remains around 120-130K, and that I can get one without a dealer markup (may have to wait a year or so before demand wanes).

Also, what do you plan to do with your current NSX? Keep or sell/trade in? While I would love to keep mine, the reality is that I don't really drive it much, and it would be hard to justify having 2 sports cars, let alone one.

I am. I cant wait. I dont know if I should sell my 2012 GT-R first. I can prob get 80k-85k for it now. Wait the 2 years and buy the NSX. Is acura taking pre-orders? I hope demand doesnt increase the cost above msrp.
I was looking at the R8, but love the nsx interior. Close to aventador center console.
ck

Last edited:
Depend on the financial situation I'm in, and depend on the price. Will probably have to wait for couple of years till drop in demand and mid model face lift.

Hate to buy it the first year and have to drool over any mid model updates.

The question for me is what happens to this car after the first year. Does anyone remember what the GTR debut'ed at? $69,000 MSRP. Within months that went to $79. Then 89, and now is at 95 and with a few options 105. That's a 40% increase within a few years. If that is how it will be with the NSX, it might be wise to just get one ASAP. But imagine buying one and a year later there is a type R. Or it starts to depreciate big. This whole hybrid thing too is such an experiment. Do I really want to buy the first model car with this sort of tech? And of course the price matters. I plan on getting one. I just am not sure I want to do that right away.

Depend on the financial situation I'm in, and depend on the price. Will probably have to wait for couple of years till drop in demand and mid model face lift.

Hate to buy it the first year and have to drool over any mid model updates.

My thoughts exactly. In any case...keeping my existing one, she's simply too much fun to drive and the track has been a wonderful passion with her.

Didn't the NSX debut at $65k, but was selling for double that because of demand? It was above $125k I heard some of the starts paid for. My 2012 GT-R Premium which I picked up in may 2011 was $91,800, but I got it for $88k. I have 4500 miles on it and can probably get 80-85k privately for it which i think is not too bad. When I was looking to trade in at audi for the r8, they were going to give me 80k and drop 16k off the msrp for the audi r8 v10. Decided to wait for their new update (revised transmission). What I really love is the aventador, but thats not being realistic. The ferrari 458 is another car I considered but its also kind of unrealistic for me. If the new NSX wil be between 100k-150k, i hope demand doesnt push it over 200k.

I agree, 1st year may be buggy as well. But dont know if I would want to wait longer then 2 more years. Will the NSX come out in 2014 as a 2015 model?
That interior is pretty awesome. The nice slope on the center console looks like the aventador. Anyone notice that?

I am.. pending things go as fiscally planned, sometimes they never do. It will likely be a gametime decision though. There are still SO MANY unanswered questions out there right now on the car itself as well as other external factors. I just heard yesterday Tada-san (developer of the GT86/FRS/BRZ) will be put in the charge of the new Supra development for example; this is very exciting.

The problem I see is the 1st yr supply/demand. I heard (read: rumormill) the first year production allocation is something less than 150 units and many if not all are already spoken for. For example, Leno is suppose to get #1, then Seinfeld, Downey Jr.... Acura is going to milk all the marketing juices out of this for all it's worth.

Last edited:
You know in Germany it is much cooler to drive a 993 than a 997 even a 991. I think the old NSX may become that "cool" original.

You know in Germany it is much cooler to drive a 993 than a 997 even a 991. I think the old NSX may become that "cool" original.
but the 993 IS a way cooler car. :)

Depending on how the NSX 2.0 turns out.. the NSX 1.0 may follow in the same footsteps.
Would love to get the new nsx. However I am too cheap and stingy to justify buying an over 100+k car.
I can totally relate to this. I hope it's something really special. It has to be more than the sum of it's parts and has to stir me emotionally. I'm not at that level yet. $100k will require a lot of stirring!

lol..the question really is asking who here is financialy able to spend roughly 130k on a new car.

I can totally relate to this. I hope it's something really special. It has to be more than the sum of it's parts and has to stir me emotionally. I'm not at that level yet. $100k will require a lot of stirring!

This too... it HAS to have something special like 1.0 had. I need to feel like it is something more than a car in my mind. Otherwise no way. In my mind I think no way can Honda release these unless it is incredible. But then I see some recent stuff released and think it is possible they can.. Who knows. Either way I am excited to see the production version and actually get my hands on it.

I am on the local dealer list but not sure if I'll commit any more than being on that list.

Considering that it'll be made in the US and that HPD will be racing it, I'm thinking about holding out for Type /something similar version.

This too... it HAS to have something special like 1.0 had. I need to feel like it is something more than a car in my mind. Otherwise no way. In my mind I think no way can Honda release these unless it is incredible. But then I see some recent stuff released and think it is possible they can.. Who knows. Either way I am excited to see the production version and actually get my hands on it.

x2. Couldn't have said it better myself. Knowing me, I will also wait for a used one via auctions or used private seller. I can never bring myself to paying retail for anything. Never been in that position.

What happens if you are on the "1st" buyers list and then some major changes happen like what happened to the R8... Audi added a v10 to the line up.
Good luck selling your v8 R8 in a market of v10's.

I love​ the NSX 1.0 - I like the NSX 2.0! I can't take those risks for a car I like...

Would love to get the new nsx. However I am too cheap and stingy to justify buying an over 100+k car.

I don't think it's that you're cheap or too stingy to spend $100k on a car.

It's the fact that you don't want to spend $100k and have it depreciate like crazy.

For an NSX or most (?) exotics out there, they don't depreciate like a rock like most euro cars (esp. the amg or the //M).

Like turbo mentioned in another thread, what other car can you drive and not worry about the resale too much when it's time to sell?

NSX 2.0??? Who knows yet.....we'll see in 2014/2015.:smile:

I will buy the first wrecked one off the auction site I will even pay full price as a new one to get it. trust me.

I wanna be the first to do a re-build thread on the new NSX I want to become the master before anyone LOL

I will buy the first wrecked one off the auction site I will even pay full price as a new one to get it. trust me.

I wanna be the first to do a re-build thread on the new NSX I want to become the master before anyone LOL

First wrecked one? I thought you were going to be the first person to wreck one on purpose just to rebuild it. :biggrin:

You'll probably be surprised how SHORT an amount of time you have to wait. It amazes me how exotics get banged up.

Back