• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOCAL NSX Smog Test Questions

My 1991 NSX with 80000 miles is having problem passing the smog test. This year's CA emssion smog test form ask me to bring the car to special STAR smog station for detail testing. Car is modded with Tubi Exhaust and sport cat. Very certain car won't pass as is.

Wild thought about asking local muffler shop to fabricate a Smog test only muffler that is very restrictive with large catalytic convertor Thus I can refift the original muffler after passing.

Can someone help refer me to a muffler shop or Star Certified Smog Test facility? Car is located in Arcadia, California.

Many thanks in advance :)

My car just passed with DC headers and a Taitec GTLW. If you can find some stock cats, you might be ok.

Find stock cats and you should be okay. I just passed STAR with comptech headers and gt-one exhaust.

Your tubi should be fine. You can also check out magnaflow cats. Some guys have used those to pass. The downside to oem cats is the price.

Back