• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some close up pics of the new NSX at my local Acura dealer...

Love it. I wish I could afford one. I'm putting money into my home now. Maybe if they drop below 90k but I doubt that will happen. We shall see.

The engine bay looks better than I thought it would. Can't wait to see it in person.

The engine bay looks better than I thought it would. Can't wait to see it in person.

It looks the same as it did in Detroit, except now the cover is made of carbon fiber. I suppose the carbon fiber has improved the looks slightly, but it's still a bit disappointing. I'm ambivalent about it.

That's exactly what I mean; the CF improves the look of the engine bay.

Besides, it's unique. If I want a car that looks like a Lamborghini, Ferrari, even an R8, engine bay included, I'd just buy the Ferrari, Lamborghini, or R8. I don't understand why people here are so afraid of being different.

The exhaust setup sure is odd looking, I wonder what's going on there. Are there any pics of the engine with exhaust attached out of the car?

Edit: Speculating here but it looks like steel brakes on the ugly wheel car and carbon ceramics on the pretty wheel car.

Last edited:
Why are the ugly wheels back?

They must believe that a large segment of Acura's potential customers will be attracted to them. While I agree that they look ugly, you cannot deny that they are more attention getting. Perhaps that's the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Speculating here but it looks like steel brakes on the ugly wheel car and carbon ceramics on the pretty wheel car.

Perhaps you'll have to pay extra $$$ for the carbon ceramic breaks if you want the car to come with decent looking wheels. It wouldn't be the first time that Acura has forced customers to buy a higher end model or options in order to get better looking factory wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

The NSX engine bay reminds me of the R8 TDI engine bay. Lots geometric shapes in a cover that mostly obscures the engine....

2008-Audi-R8-V12-TDI-Engine-Angle-1920x1440.jpg

While the engine bay cover is a lil nasty looking, what better place to showcase two enormous surge valves on the charge pipes. It also appears there are mounting locations on the top of the manifold. Easy aftermarket mod to make it cooler.

Last edited:
Can't tell from my phone but are the nasty wheels covering ceramic for sure? What I can see looks ceramic again although calipers are a different colour.

nasty wheels do have carbon in the spokes though, surely it a carbon construction as they are silly money.

regardless, thanks for the pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Just done a spot the difference on the wheel images and I think both have carbon ceramics. Only difference seems to be caliper colour. Design of those is the same across both cars. Perhaps it's showcasing some of the personalisation options.

Last edited:
I sometimes wonder why many do not like the new nsx. I think it looks pretty cool. Especially in black. Will it be a spitting image of our own cars? Nope. That era is long gone. But I think Acura has done well with this production model. Given the fact that they almost made a rear wheel drive V10. I myself would love a Japanese spec V10 but paired with a rwd would be too hard to control. There are a few things I do not prefer with the production model, but then again I have that issue with every single car I have ever purchased. I like to improve. I think this new model will have a lot to improve and hopefully it will be far easier than previous models. But so far, I like it. 180k though? I think I would buy a mclaren MP4 which has a very similar engine bay.

Back