• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Soon to be waking from a 4 year Dream ...

I am sad to report that I am preparing to list my car for sale. As you probably noticed, I have been selling all the modifications to return it to as close to original as I can get. I also just completed over $3K worth of scheduled maintenance. The good part is I am now getting to know the car as Shigeru Urehara had originally intended...:biggrin:

I have thoroughly enjoyed my ownership of this incredible automobile. I fell in love with it when I was a young man and the CEO of the company rolled up in a stunning new Red NSX and from that moment... I knew I would own one some day.

Well now I have experienced that priveledge. I really enjoyed meeting so many wonderful people while sharing our enthusiasm for the NSX. I still plan on attending NSXPO and taking in a Cars & Coffee event now and then. For now, my family and I are taking more time to pursue other hobbies like camping and boating.

It's been a awesome ride!!! Thanks for sharing it with me. :smile:

Dennis

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frown:

Well like everyone says......You'll be back! :biggrin:

Dennis we'll miss you from being an actual owner, but you will still be a part of the family.

Don't be a stranger on here or coming to any future nsxca events.

Enjoy the boating experience as it is very fun and I'll call you next time I am around temecula again.

Dennis, you seem like a great guy and I'll miss seeing you around NSX events....I gotta ask though.......Can't you still keep it even though you'll be doing other things ? Hell, I seem to only drive mine once every two weeks......

Thanks all for the kind words...

Eddie, Yes lets keep in touch. I want to organize a wine tasting get-together sometime soon. I will probably get another car after my girls graduate college.

Mike, I could keep the car but I have 4 other vehicles to keep track of and just to get the NSX out of the garage takes some choreography...I have 3 daughters, 2 of which are driving now and the 3rd starts driving next year which means another car to maintain.

No worries Patricia, we will have to catch up with you for C&C and do breakfast again. Interested in wine tasting?

Thanks all for the kind words...

No worries Patricia, we will have to catch up with you for C&C and do breakfast again. Interested in wine tasting?

Yes, I am interested in wine tasting. :smile:

IMG_616711_14_09.jpg

IMG_616611_14_09.jpg

Those are great photos Patricia! Thanks for those. I sure miss seeing those big wheels on my car.:smile:

Yes Lets keep thinking about some wine tasting ideas.

So, Dennis, if you don't mind my asking, what is it your family is into? Boating where? Do you already have a boat? Camping where? Just curious, here.

I was 3-years old the first time I went to Lake Havasu, and grew up with vacations, boat camping, there. Repeated the ritual with my two kids, who are now 21 and 23. Too bad the experience changed with the growth of Lake Havasu City. :frown:

I have a membership at CRA which have RV resorts up and down the river at Needles, Havasu, Parker, and Yuma. The latest place added to the line-up is Havasu Springs which as you probably know is on the very south end of the lake away from all the activities in the London Bridge Channel and Sandbar. We have a 5th wheel trailer that we store out there in the summer. We recently found another boat and plan on keeping it out there also so we can just commute back and forth.

Steamboat cove is a good place to hang out that is more family oriented. We also have a couple of other favorite coves but I am sworn to secrecy!!! :smile:

We owned a vacation home in Havasu for a couple years but sold it prior to the big real estate market plunge in 2006. I was lucky and did well on the sale of my property. It's been 5 years now since we sold our last boat. The one we bought is made by the same manufacturer and is a couple feet bigger. Prices have really dropped in recent years. I paid half the price of my last boat and this one is nicer!

http://www.coloradoriveradventures.com/

Here are some pics of the Toyz :smile: Trina loves the new boat!

Attachments

• 06ThorJazz2760RL.jpg
    06ThorJazz2760RL.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_2295.jpg
    100_2295.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 127
Havasu? Nice. When I was a baby, we'd always launch at Black Meadow Landing and boat camp. My dad's favorite campsite was the big sand cove or the one with three islands, which have since eroded into two, I think. When I was married, we'd always launch at Cattail Cove and go camp site hunting, coming back to Cattail for showers, in the evening. I love the smell of Havasu. I'll be driving my S2000 to Pittsburgh, leaving on May 16th, and I'll be stopping at the river crossing up at Needles, just to smell the air. That's one thing I'll always miss. Riding in the boat. Ahhhh.

Dennis! I hope to still see you around! It was nice doing palomar and seeing you at all the events! I also want to thank you for being a great customer as well! The NSX will pull you back in when the time is right. Good luck bud and I wish you and your family the best! :smile:

Dennis, Nooooooooo!!!!

Don't leave us! You're one of the nicest NSX owners I've ever met. I'll miss you and Trina! We definitely have to get together in Vegas at NSXPO.

Dennis,

I'm sad to hear that you are selling the NSX but am glad that you are doing what makes you and the family happy. Best of luck to you and please don't be a stranger to the forum.

-Steve :smile:

Dennis! I hope to still see you around! It was nice doing palomar and seeing you at all the events! I also want to thank you for being a great customer as well! The NSX will pull you back in when the time is right. Good luck bud and I wish you and your family the best! :smile:

Thanks Brian! It was a great experience and had a blast. You and Erick sure made it easy to spend $$ on the car with such great products. I had to put myself on a budget!
Dennis, Nooooooooo!!!!

Don't leave us! You're one of the nicest NSX owners I've ever met. I'll miss you and Trina! We definitely have to get together in Vegas at NSXPO.

Thanks Nick, we sure enjoyed seeing you and Patty at all the events. The caravan to Monterrey along the 101 will be one of the highlights!!! Definately going to NSXPO still. We will just have to take the other Honda.

Dennis,

I'm sad to hear that you are selling the NSX but am glad that you are doing what makes you and the family happy. Best of luck to you and please don't be a stranger to the forum.

-Steve :smile:

Thanks Steve! I haven't heard much from you lately. How is everything with you? Yeah I'll be around the forums now and then. It will take a while to wean myself off! ;)

This is what is so great out the NSX community. Very tight knit bunch of great people! Thanks so much!

Hey Dennis,
I met you at the CnC last month. You're the first southern Cal nsx owner I've met. I finally created an account on prime to find out you're leaving. Hopefully I'll see you at NSXPO.

-Deci

Hey Dennis,
I met you at the CnC last month. You're the first southern Cal nsx owner I've met. I finally created an account on prime to find out you're leaving. Hopefully I'll see you at NSXPO.

-Deci

Hey Deci,

I enjoyed meeting you also. Definately meet up at NSXPO. Who knows with the economy, I may still have my car. :) Glad to hear you made it on here....I like the screenname. You should join NSXCA. I plan on staying a member.

Take Care!
Dennis

Well the big day has come. :frown:

The good news is ...There is a proud new owner of an abolutely superb looking Berlina Black supercar. :smile: My congrats to Rick from San Diego. It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope you enjoy many safe and joyful moments behind the wheel. Please be sure to exercise her V-tec as much as possible! :wink: Feel free to contact me for any questions or concerns.

I'm sure that after my girls are grown I will be looking for another one of these magnificent cars. In the mean time I will be staying active here and soon to be organizing a get together for wine tasting with fello NSXers.

Re: take care of what matters!

Dude thanks, actually thats a great idea you have here...Zanardi! I definately need a coupe!

(Sorry I didn't reply sooner, my internet at work doesn't let me see some images...websense sheesh!)

Today I am a first time owner of a 91 NSX and I am thrilled!!!
I want to thank Big_D for making this purchase a great experience. This is a huge deal for me and I have much to learn.
Big_D you answered questions I didn't know I had, were patient, and sold me a beautiful machine! Thanks
I will do my best to honor the sleek 91:smile:

I want to thank Big_D for making this purchase a great experience. This is a huge deal for me and I have much to learn.
Big_D you answered questions I didn't know I had, were patient, and sold me a beautiful machine! Thanks

Congratulations, Rick and welcome to NSX ownership. I took mine for a spin last night since I'll be on a 2 week road trip, starting today, in my S2000, and I needed an NSX fix. They are awesome cars.

CONGRATS! What a perfect example of an NSX to have as your first!

Back