• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sorry guys - new NSX replacement is dead

Wow, I'm dissappointed :frown: This is one of the cars i'm looking foward to.

If it wasn't half assed, then it would have already been released and actually see the light of day even if Honda decided to axe it this year had it been released a few years ago.

Hopefully, they will scrap it completely and within 4-5 years, they will generate a completely new Halo car. Doesn't have to be MR, but please Honda, make it unique and interesting. They definately would fail in the FR saturated market at the economy's state. This is just a sign that the current concept is def not meant to be.

Next up to be axed, pulled and stopped.

1) 2010 Axe for R35 GT-R for the USA market - No Vspec for Japan

2) Toyota F1 Program axed (TBA) very soon

3) Suzuki and Subaru pulled out of FIA WRC

4) Ferrari has shut down production of its assembly line and is in negotiation with Italian Labor unions.

FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS!!!

I am more than happy that Honda won't produce the BIG PIG, and so relieved the NSX name won't be denatured and thus stay with the original brilliant concept.

STUPID HONDA,

with all the money you spent unefficiently in F1 and by constantly hesitating and changing your mind about the NSX successor you could have designed and produced a real NSX II that would have helped you selling cars for another fifteen years. You would have pleased every sportscar enthousiast of this world craving for it.

Instead of it, as your F1 performances, you behaved like RETARDED BIG LOSERS ...

from a former 100% loyal customer ( until recently ) who, in his life, had only bought Honda cars:

Civic sedan '82
CRX '87
Civic SI hatchback '90
Accord LX sedan '92
Acura 2,3 CL coupe '98

now owning:

Acura NSX '91
Acura TL '05 I will not buy the new ugly TL, maybe a Porsche ...
Honda Odyssey '03

If you want my money you will have to work hard ... I dare you to impress me!

Last edited:

I am more than happy that Honda won't produce the BIG PIG, and so relieved the NSX name won't be denatured and thus stay with the original brilliant concept.

STUPID HONDA,

with all the money you spent unefficiently in F1 and by constantly hesitating and changing your mind about the NSX successor you could have designed and produced a real NSX II that would have helped you selling cars for another fifteen years. You would have pleased every sportscar enthousiast of this world craving for it.

Instead of it, as your F1 performances, you behaved like RETARDED BIG LOSERS ...

from a former 100% loyal customer ( until recently ) who, in his life, had only bought Honda cars:

Civic sedan '82
CRX '87
Civic SI hatchback '90
Accord LX sedan '92
Acura 2,3 CL coupe '98

now owning:

Acura NSX '91
Acura TL '05 I will not buy the new ugly TL, maybe a Porsche ...
Honda Odyssey '03

If you want my money you will have to work hard ... I dare you to impress me!

You're impressed with a 98 CL?:confused::smile:

Honda should been on Generation 4 by now. Look at where Ferarri was when the NSX came out in 1991. My God, they were selling the 348!!! Since then, we have seen the 355, 360, and the 430. And in 2010 the 430's successor is coming.

Same with the S2000. It came out in Fall 1999. The Nissan 350 Z came out in 2003. Nissan made serious changes to the 350 Z over the past 5 years and now is coming with with an entierly new car next year... while the S2000 just got a couple of body panels and tighter parts.

Honda, if you're not going to do something 100%, just don't do it at all. Be green and forget about performance. Acura is BS. They just look like they can perform. Acura is suppose to give BMW a run for it's money. There is no car in the Acura line up that makes BMW scared or really competes.

I just don't get Honda anymore.

Happy to hear the good news. The program was poorly defined in the beginning with no clear market distinction. The economy is not the sole reason for cancellation. It is however, the straw that broke the camel's back.

Back to the Future:

HSC was a cost conscious upgrade for the NSX since it was based on a modified NSX chassis. Take the 400 hp hybrid power plant from the Honda Dual Note (Acura DN-X) and the past becomes the future. Minimal development cost and introduce it in 3-4 years when we are out of this financial mess.

This should be no surprise to anyone. After owning my NSX for 8 years, I finally realized that an NSX replacement was unlikely 3 years ago and moved on. After owning an S2000 and NSX, what else did Honda have to offer me as I "grew up"? A front wheel drive TL or underpowered RL? Honda lost touch with the clients that put Honda on the map over the last 20 years and failed to offer products to keep them loyal.

My S2000 bacame a Porsche CaymanS. My NSX became a Porsche 997S. My wife's Pilot will become an AMG C63 next week.

Honda would have kept me if they had a proper replacement for the S2000 and gave the RL the horsepower it deserves! A replacement NSX 10 years ago when they started talking about it would have helped too! You can only put up with enough foreplay before you lose interest!

All of us on this forum who have or had an NSX reached the pinnacle of performance from Honda. Ponder that....

All of us on this forum who have or had an NSX reached the pinnacle of performance from Honda. Ponder that....

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!

2236993480_d5bc7348fc_o.gif

My sentiments EXACTLY! I recall a lot of criticisms about the replacement and we were all happy that we owned what we have - the original hand made mid-engine Acura supercar. I WOULD be happy if I didn't sell my '02 in the Spring, now it should hold it's value even better!

To all middle and upper management:

Gather up your personal belongings because effective immediately you're all terminated.

Sincerely,
Soichiro

Sad news as it spreads an aura of doom and gloom on the future of Honda performance, but I'm probably in the minority in thinking that the new car that we've seen being tested was so far from the original NSX concept/spirit and Soichiro Honda's vision, and personally what I had envisioned as a perfect follow up design exercise (HSC), that I'm glad it won't see the light of day.

Next up to be axed, pulled and stopped.

14) Ferrari has shut down production of its assembly line and is in negotiation with Italian Labor unions.

I heard the other day that Ferrari sells around 600 new cars world wide a month November the sold 92:eek:

see the announcement here

http://automotive.speedtv.com/article/new-acura-nsx-canceled/

guess I'd better start a savings plan for another brand replacement :(

was hoping it would be a Honda in the long term but sadly this won't be the case

RIP Honda mid engine super cars

KK34

The mid engine Honda super car died a long time ago sadly. I'm kind of glad the front mounted V10 non-sense has been dropped for this reason.

Of course at the same time I am sad that they will not have a kick butt GTR Porche killer to represent Honda but it was certainly inevitable after the F1 drop that they had no need or reason to have a super car to show off when earnings are down :-\ :-(. At least they still have Indy...

Long live the NSX.

Good. The car looked horrible. Not even a v10 or record setting performance could have saved this doomed project even in a thriving economy. And $150K??? IMO the HSC was on the money. Absolutely beautiful and reminiscent of the NSX.

Good. The car looked horrible. Not even a v10 or record setting performance could have saved this doomed project even in a thriving economy. And $150K??? IMO the HSC was on the money. Absolutely beautiful and reminiscent of the NSX.

Agreed. I'm glad it's gone. It looked like hell. I don't care what engine you dropped in it. It's STILL ugly. I don't understand the guys that want an ugly, front engine car running around with our cherished "NSX" moniker stamped on it just so you can say Honda made a "super" car. Great. What bragging rights, an ugly ass car almost NONE of us wanted to move into from our NSX. I wouldn't trade my NSX for one of those new cars straight up. I'm not stuck in 1989. I'm stuck in the best car Honda has ever made. And I'm glad they aren't building that monstrosity, because I'm STILL in the best car ever made. Now if the HSC was this close to production and got axed, I'd be crying. I know the HSC was canceled but that was way back in the concept stages. Wasn't it?

I'm not celebrating the demise of the V10 car. Any time Honda wants to invest money into a world class power plant & chasis it's a good thing for the advancement of sports or GT cars.

It wasn't an NSX, but it would have been one hell of a car.

I'm not celebrating the demise of the V10 car. Any time Honda wants to invest money into a world class power plant & chasis it's a good thing for the advancement of sports or GT cars.

It wasn't an NSX, but it would have been one hell of a car.

maybe for the numbers but not for looks. I'll give GM credit atleast with the Corvette they kept some resemblance to the car through out the years. look at the new TL coming out. It gets high marks on performance and luxery(as I am sure the NSX replacement would have) but hits rock bottom in the looks department.

maybe for the numbers but not for looks. I'll give GM credit atleast with the Corvette they kept some resemblance to the car through out the years. look at the new TL coming out. It gets high marks on performance and luxery(as I am sure the NSX replacement would have) but hits rock bottom in the looks department.

I can relate to this. After all, when the V10 machine was announced I went and bought a 911. Talk about the laziest design department ever! :)

The show ain’t over until Honda says it’s over: Honda NSX concept coming to Detroit?

It was recently reported by AutoExpress that Honda has shelved plans to build the Acura/Honda NSX supercar. Honda made no comment on the report that said Honda pulled the plug on the 600-hp supercar due to the economic slowdown.
Well, Autotelegraaf is now saying that Honda will bring the final NSX concept to the 2009 Detroit Auto Show next month. The report says that the concept will be very close to the final production version which will make its debut at the end of 2009 in Tokyo and 2010 in Europe.
The news comes a couple days after Toyota announced that it will still bring the Lexus LF-A to the market by 2011 despite the current economic situation.

http://www.egmcartech.com/2008/12/3...its-over-honda-nsx-concept-coming-to-detroit/

dun. dun. dun.

A few weeks ago, Honda's CEO says NSX is finished.

Now, Another company says it is not over.

Who do you believe?

Maybe the part when they said no NSX replacement with V10 (emphasis added) actually meant no V10 NSX replacement, leaving the door open for a different motor. Twin turbo V8?

I still think a twin-turbo V6 HSC was the way to go.

Back