• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS AudioPhile Help- Right Balance Cutting out..

This is probably real simple, but I'm not too experienced with stereo and electronics.

When I bought my NSX, it had the Stage 2 audiophile system already in it. It sounds great. Lately the right speakers will fade out and stay that way, occassionally fading back in 100%. When I check the amp, sometimes the jacks are a bit loose either from the amp, or to the coupler/converter(not sure of technical name) that goes to the fuse box.

Any ideas? I'm thinking the ends being loose may require me replacing the jacks. Maybe I'll start with some electrical tape to see if it helps. She'll still cut out on the ride side though, even when all is plugged in tightly.

Sorry no pics, but this is the original link to the SOS install. Not sure if this helps. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51961

When it cuts out, hook up another speaker(any speaker will do really) to the terminals, and see if there is still no sound.

If there is sound in the attached speaker, your problem is likely a bad speaker or speaker connection.

If there is no sound in the newly connected speaker, then it is probably the RCA's.

It shouldn't be too difficult to hook up some new RCA's if that is the problem.

Worst case scenario is a bad channel from your radio or amp.

I know when I installed that system Paul I had a real problem with the terminal screws on the crossovers - they were really poor quality causing them to gall in the threads. I had to use a couple of screws from the unused terminals to get a full set connected but they were far from ideal in my opinion. I mentioned this to the Diamond rep who acknowledged this was a poor batch at that time.
It was all functional back then but not sure if anyone has been in there since.
Do Ben's suiggested test - literally connect a speaker directly across the amp output, even just touching the wires to the termonal block momentarily. If that is good, I would start with the problem described above & check that all the connections to in & out of the crossover are good.
If the temp speaker doesn;t work either, try swapping the input signals from right to left. This will suggest if it is in the amp or the input.

try switching the RCA jacks first as it is easy to do and will tell you where the issue is...

stock radio?

if the problem moves to the other side its in the radio/converter

if it stays on the same side look at the speakers/amp

my guess is the radio converter

the "bad screws" would not cause it to go in and out like that. it would be one or the other.
the "bad screw" issue was from taking them in or out too far...i know this is a dumb issue...:confused: but it prolly would not cause what you are seeing

...i know this is a dumb issue...:confused: but it prolly would not cause what you are seeing
Respectfully, it would if they were not tight enough to be holding the wire securely with good contact. Also I know how to drive screws - these were flawed from the very outset without over-tightening .... & you agreed with me at the time it was a quality issue!
I do agree that it is good idea to swap the inputs (having already suggested that in my post above)
What do you mean by "radio converter"? The harness adapter?

Respectfully, it would if they were not tight enough to be holding the wire securely with good contact. Also I know how to drive screws - these were flawed from the very outset without over-tightening .... & you agreed with me at the time it was a quality issue!
I do agree that it is good idea to swap the inputs (having already suggested that in my post above)
What do you mean by "radio converter"? The harness adapter?

Ken i agree, it was an issue...maybe i should have went into more detail owell...
radio converter=adapter

Back