• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS supercharged NSX 0-200km/h 10.5s

SOS supercharger with Laminova and all the good stuff from SOS thanks to Chris and Brian:)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/87Svs3OMdJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:eek: I want one.... I bet you put gas in it right after. lol i wonder how fast this beast is in the quarter mile?
Less gas is less weight :biggrin: but the yellow light was not even on..so there has been at least 10liters in it.
I do not know the quarter mile time as I do prefer track racing insted of drag. This current run was a very very conservative start, try to save the clutch, but will do one with an easy start.....

what's up with everyone not knowing when to shift?

That's pretty sweet. I need to video mine one day.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk

wow nice dude!

That thing pulls like a monster!

One thing I noticed tho, is that your oil pressure is dropping once you hit about 7500 rpm. Maybe something you should look into.

Last edited:
Last edited:

8500 RPM! Why?

Agree! but maybe we're just wussies!

Assuming his tach is correct and assuming he has OEM gears, Revving to 8500 in 1st allows you to come in at 2nd gear at roughly 300rpm higher RPM than if you were to only rev to 8000rpm.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Gear_Ratios
8000rpm in 1st, leads to a 4499 rpm (~45mph or ~220hp) when you shift to second.
8500rpm in 1st, leads to a ~4800 rpm (~48mph or ~235hp) when you shift to second.

And because the power curve seems pretty linear, it would make sense to rev as high as you can to give you the most power in the next gear (assuming the power curve continues up the same way to 8500rpm).
ScienceofSpeed-std-3.0L.gif

So bottom line is: YES, we are just wussies..

Last edited:
I wonder how much harder it is on the motor raise the limit to 8500 rpm vs 8000.

We had to put the GoPro camera to the dash and could not see the rev :-( So had to listen very hard for the limiter....but it is not an excuse...will do a proper one! :)

What fuel management are you using? EMS or F/IC? that sounds awesome

Agree! but maybe we're just wussies!

Vtec :)

We have AEM EMS, with car PC installed. Will do a video where both can be seen (the rev and the car PC data)

One thing I noticed tho, is that your oil pressure is dropping once you hit about 7500 rpm. Maybe something you should look into.

You are right...I have not noticed it so thanks. After your comment I made the same pull with my stock engine NSX and noticed the same with the oil pressure. Maybe the drop around 7000 is slightly lower but there is the same drop...

Do you think that it is a problem? The OEM oilpump is not good enough for this power??

Less gas is less weight :biggrin: but the yellow light was not even on..so there has been at least 10liters in it.
I do not know the quarter mile time as I do prefer track racing insted of drag. This current run was a very very conservative start, try to save the clutch, but will do one with an easy start.....

Careful with Forced induction and low fuel in the tank.

U might experience a brief moment of fuel starvation while ur boosting accelerating or during a hard turn that could make u detonate from running a leaner A/F ratio.

You are right...I have not noticed it so thanks. After your comment I made the same pull with my stock engine NSX and noticed the same with the oil pressure. Maybe the drop around 7000 is slightly lower but there is the same drop...

Do you think that it is a problem? The OEM oilpump is not good enough for this power??
This behaviour has been well documented in the old FAQ. It's sensor-related.

I would be more worried about 8500 rpm unless you have stronger oilpump gears. :wink:

Last edited:
SOS supercharger with Laminova and all the good stuff from SOS thanks to Chris and Brian:)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/87Svs3OMdJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

seems like you are still on stock gear and final drive ratios? looks like it is working well at your power level. very nice pulls.

And because the power curve seems pretty linear, it would make sense to rev as high as you can to give you the most power in the next gear (assuming the power curve continues up the same way to 8500rpm).

but there's no free lunches ... don't forget there's a significant cost for lost acceleration while hanging on to excessive revs (say, over 8,000) where engine power is drooping. It's a balancing act based on the total energy (power x time) you generate over the full rev range and all gears, not simply the higher the revs just after you change.

the magic rpm point in each gear can be calculated to deliver max energy/acceleration. this video clip clearly indicates it won't be as high as 8,500 - since the rev limiter is cutting power completely

Last edited:
but there's no free lunches ... don't forget there's a significant cost for lost acceleration while hanging on to excessive revs (say, over 8,000) where engine power is drooping. It's a balancing act based on the total energy (power x time) you generate over the full rev range and all gears, not simply the higher the revs just after you change.

the magic rpm point in each gear can be calculated to deliver max energy/acceleration. this video clip clearly indicates it won't be as high as 8,500 - since the rev limiter is cutting power completely

I agree on the theory, but I have not seen any data that shows the power curve of the NSX with a SOS S/C past 8000 rpm. By the dyno graph I posted, it seems pretty linear up until 8000rpm, where the slope actually increases right at the end, leading me to believe that it may continue upward after 8000rpm (and not droop).

Secondly, without seeing a video of the feet and shifting, it's difficult for me to determine if the driver "power shifted" (a no-lift of the accelerator shift) which would trigger the fuel cut off bounce as soon as the clutch is depressed... It sounds like this may be the case since you can clearly hear the churp of the tires as 2nd gear engages...

yes it's certainly a good looking power trend at the top and if the torque holds up over 8,000 it may pay to hold onto gears until over 8,000, just as long as it all holds together. (next dyno get them to plot to 9,000 )

I will scan the dyno graph next week...

For the shifts...the problem was that the go goPro camera was at the the dash, and you simply can not see the rev :-(

Back