• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Source 1 "Tallguys" seat cushions

Hey everyone, IN the effort to produce more parts for our beloved NSX we have had a "Tallguys" seat cushion made.

tallguysseatcushion.jpg

They are made out of a memory type foam with either Black or Camel Faux Leather. They lower the seating position approx 2.5 inches.
They all come standard with the seat belt slice in the front center for you guys with Harnesses. Not noticeable unless you actually use them.

They also offer a mush more sunken seating position for the track guys allowing you to sink into the seat much further.

Price is $249.00 EA Shipped in the Continental US. Will ship to other locations for the difference in cost.

The black is a textured "black" and the tan is called " textured Camel" It is a close match to the OEM color but I would not call it exact.

If you have any questions please email [email protected]

We accept Paypal ([email protected]), CC ( Visa, MC, Discover), Check or cash.

I have 2 black and 2 camels made and ready to ship.

Thanks!

Source 1

Tall guy here. I need this. Black for me.
Is there something up with the stitching on the black one in the pic? The front pleat looks weird.

Tall guy here. I need this. Black for me.
Is there something up with the stitching on the black one in the pic? The front pleat looks weird.

That is the opening for the center belt on harnesses.

Let me know!

1 black one is gone already. So 1 left!

I am ordering more so no worries on stock. I can produce them in 7-10 days and have them shipping.

Last edited:
Hey thank you for making this. Long overdue. I know Dali has one but this looks better, and at least I know I'll get it of I order. How does this one fasten?

Hey thank you for making this. Long overdue. I know Dali has one but this looks better, and at least I know I'll get it of I order. How does this one fasten?

Sad but true^

This is a slide in part. Or if you feel
Needed you can use Velcro. I've never needed it with mine.

Both black are spoken for and shipping Monday.

I will have 5 more black ones made right away.

Brian

Is it safe in an accident not being velcroed or fastened?

:confused

How does this install? You just swap out with your OEM seat? DIY?

I could definitely use the space....

Thanks.

So what does it feel like with memory foam? That was my suggestion for one of these years ago.

So what does it feel like with memory foam? That was my suggestion for one of these years ago.

I think it feels great. Better than bare metal. And the seating position feels so much better for us tall guys

Is it safe in an accident not being velcroed or fastened?

Well your sitting on it and buckled in. I do not see how the cushion would help or hurt as long as your buckled in correctly. But I have not done any crash testing to see :)

Let us know when you have more...

More black ordered already. If you would like one please PM me and send payment so your on the list.

put me down for a black one when they are ready to go. thanks!!

See above comment.

any chance of ivory?

Probably not unless I can get a run of 5 of them. Ivory is an even smaller market than camel. I can custom order them but it would prob run $30 -40 more because I'm not getting a bulk discount on them.

any chance of one in yellow?

Like the ivory, It is a very small market. I can custom order them but it would prob run $30 -40 more because I'm not getting a bulk discount on them.

Will you be making one in leather instead of vinyl?

I can check on cost for this. But did not plan to no. PM me if interested and we can work from there.

Gary

How are these cushions for long drives?

I have had one in my cars since 2008. Been to Florida, Chicago, Atlanta, etc. Never had any issues. I think they are very comfortable.

Thank you!

I will let you know soon. I have sat on the metal pan for a couple hundred miles without issue so this should be a big improvement.

Yes, when you get yours please post your review.

Brian

as Dave said thanks for providing a needed mod without having to play dali roulete:wink:

How does the shape compare to the Dali one?
I have the Dali one and I find that the cushion is too flat and need additional support under my thighs, especially toward the front of the cushion. Also I find that the additional 2.5" drop in the cushion eliminates the small lumbar support of the OEM seat. Does this cushion address those two issues by chance?

How does the shape compare to the Dali one?
I have the Dali one and I find that the cushion is too flat and need additional support under my thighs, especially toward the front of the cushion. Also I find that the additional 2.5" drop in the cushion eliminates the small lumbar support of the OEM seat. Does this cushion address those two issues by chance?

Hmm, Great question. I did not add any foam to the front to compensate so I am guessing you may find it a little flat also. And as for as the lumbar, anytime you drop your seating position you will change where your back hits the seat so other than designing a back cushion also that will be lost too. But I really don't see any lumbar in the seat to begin with.

Back