• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy DF-R Side Ducts by Source 1

Did it come with instructions just wondering or hardware lol bc I'm came with one bolt lol

Still have not recieved mine yet. Update?

Everyone is here at SEMA. I should have an update Monday on when the rest will ship out.

Sorry for the delays guys. I did not take into account the SEMA show when we did this GB.

Hello Everyone, I got some news from DF last night. The remaining ducts have been made. However they are having trouble getting them in to have them cleared etc. As soon as they do he will get them shipped. He is sorry for the delay and so are we. I can assure you they will be done and shipped asap. I am staying on top of it and in contact with DF every other day in regards to completion of this group buy. Thanks for being understanding and patient. If anyone has any questions and would like to speak to me personally feel free to call me at 513-300-9122

Brian

Really?

It takes 2 months to get some small parts clear coated? Sounds like DF is giving you the runaround. You could clear 20 of these vents in 1 afternoon, sand and polish them the next day. Wait another 1 day for curing and ship all of them the next.
either they are just holding onto your guys' money and biding their time to see how long you can wait, or they have not paid their bills and the shop got closed up and they don't want to fess and ruin the rep. But in any case, that is nonsense.
there are body shops on EVERY corner like 7-11. It takes zero special skills to clear carbon fiber, just like painting anything else. I'm glad I didn't partake in this GB. I've seen the reputation of DF on the downhill slope since I signed on.

Really?

It takes 2 months to get some small parts clear coated? Sounds like DF is giving you the runaround. You could clear 20 of these vents in 1 afternoon, sand and polish them the next day. Wait another 1 day for curing and ship all of them the next.
either they are just holding onto your guys' money and biding their time to see how long you can wait, or they have not paid their bills and the shop got closed up and they don't want to fess and ruin the rep. But in any case, that is nonsense.
there are body shops on EVERY corner like 7-11. It takes zero special skills to clear carbon fiber, just like painting anything else. I'm glad I didn't partake in this GB. I've seen the reputation of DF on the downhill slope since I signed on.

First off take your negative attitude to another thread. NOBODY is binding time seeing how long people will wait. DF does not have anyone's money except for those that have already been shipped. I HAVE IT. And I can assure you screwing my best customers over on a few thousand dollars is not something I will ever do. Not sure who you are but as a fellow "registered vendor" you should not publicly bash other vendors when you do not know the situation. And to claim they closed and don't want to fess up? What are you talking about?

DF has been threw TONS of body shops. They have a very high Quality standard and feel the most comfortable using a specific shop to do this work. Problem with that is this paint shop is busy because they are good. Is the body shop maybe giving them the run around? Yea possibly. I can't say yes or no. But either way. I would appreciate your "someone is getting screwed" attitude out of my thread.

Last edited:
Not to intrude on this thread but I also have parts pending from DF threw another vender(SOS) Jeff stated that DF had issues with the painters also and were tracking some new painters down to do the clearing. this was 2 weeks ago or so... Now i was told they should have my parts in next week so I think they may have figured it out and everyone should be getting their parts soon..

I just want it say I asked thomas for a set of these and the first set did not come out perfect. But he contacted me and explained the situation, and offered me another set or a discount on the imperfect set. I wanted it perfect so he had another built, and they are indeed perfect. Yes, I had to wait a while but I have bought parts from downforce for years, I have no less than 6 of their parts on my car, all are very well built, and they have always delivered eventually if not right away. Peter has always been helpful, and he is, a truly good guy and very very fair.

My ducts are awesome. It's one of the best things I have ever bought for my car. I think with downforce you just have to be really patient, but in the end you will get a great part.

First off take your negative attitude to another thread. NOBODY is binding time seeing how long people will wait. DF does not have anyone's money except for those that have already been shipped. I HAVE IT. And I can assure you screwing my best customers over on a few thousand dollars is not something I will ever do. Not sure who you are but as a fellow "registered vendor" you should not publicly bash other vendors when you do not know the situation. And to claim they closed and don't want to fess up? What are you talking about?

DF has been threw TONS of body shops. They have a very high Quality standard and feel the most comfortable using a specific shop to do this work. Problem with that is this paint shop is busy because they are good. Is the body shop maybe giving them the run around? Yea possibly. I can't say yes or no. But either way. I would appreciate your "someone is getting screwed" attitude out of my thread.

I wasn't bashing YOU, I was referring to DF. I see companies all the time come up with lame excuses for getting products out when they know it takes them months for something that only takes days. Clearcoat is nothing special. If they REALLY have such a hard time finding a body shop, then send me ALL the parts and I'll have them done in a WEEK, and they will be perfect. I hate to see people get strung along by the MFR, when you the dealer have to put up with all the stresses because it is out of your control.

I wasn't bashing YOU, I was referring to DF. I see companies all the time come up with lame excuses for getting products out when they know it takes them months for something that only takes days. Clearcoat is nothing special. If they REALLY have such a hard time finding a body shop, then send me ALL the parts and I'll have them done in a WEEK, and they will be perfect. I hate to see people get strung along by the MFR, when you the dealer have to put up with all the stresses because it is out of your control.

I know you weren't bashing me. But Peter and Thomas are friends and fellow NSX prime vendors. They make amazing products. That is why out of all of the CF vendors that have come and gone they are still there. Still making parts for these cars. And producing quality stuff that lasts. I enjoy doing business with them and support the products they sell. I have done a bunch of GB's with them and this one has taken longer than expected. It sucks but sometimes these things happen. But to claim they are out of business, closed down, whatever is absurd and un-called for. If SCW Performance can produce what DF does with the quality they do and in a weeks time why aren't you doing it? I mean, There is a market here and if you can do it better I would jump on it if I were you. I do not know you or your products but the way you "went off" in a GB thread your not even a part of is kind of alarming. Really no reason for you to chime in. So the sole purpose of doing it was to spread falsities about a fellow company and I do not appreciate it. Hence the reason why I replied.

A lot of carbon fiber parts on the internet are just junk. Their pictures look nice, but they have very low quality if you see them in person. For example, Password JDM is the company that advertises their fake "dry" carbon fiber parts. The galleries in their website are fantastic, but their carbon fiber products look so cheap in person.

I had a seibon type r spoiler on my previous nsx. Serious, it was just a garbage. The surface, fit, and finish is terrible and it feels damn cheap. I felt I wanted to throw my spoiler away after I saw a downforce spoiler on another owner's car in a local meet,

Last edited:
Back