• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy DF-R Side Ducts by Source 1

I hate to say this, but the angle of the top of this duct is wrong. It needs to angle up, just like the contour of body indent leading into the top of the vent. It is instead, level with the ground which makes it look a bit odd from some angles. It was a mistake IMO, but I like my vents nontheless, they add a lot to the theme of my car and everyone that sees them in person seems to like them. It just could have been even better.

This part looks like it droops down. But it is level. It should have been angled upwards:

THIS:

Should be this:

Last edited:
I hate to say this, but the angle of the top of this duct is wrong. It needs to angle up, just like the contour of body indent leading into the top of the vent. It is instead, level with the ground which makes it look a bit odd from some angles. It was a mistake IMO, but I like my vents nontheless, they add a lot to the theme of my car and everyone that sees them in person seems to like them. It just could have been even better.

This part looks like it droops down. But it is level. It should have been angled upwards:

THIS:

Should be this:

Wondering if I have a pair that were not manufactured correctly as other DF air ducts? :confused:

No that's the mould. They are all like that. It just was not designed as well as it could have been. It's too bad because its a work of art otherwise when you see it in person. I love downforce. But they missed this. I can understand why. Logic says straight out. But if you look at the body, the body is curving in as you go up. The duct needs to follow.

Two people still have not received these. Jorligan and AU_NSX. There has been no stone unturned trying to find out why the hell you haven't. I'm very upset as I am sure you two are. I'm calling Thomas today again to try to get more info. I'll gladly refund both of you at any time if you wish. I never thought this would turn into such a mess. If anyone has these in BRAND NEW unused condition I will gladly buy them for either of the two unfulfilled orders I still have pending. PM me. I just want to get these guys the parts.

Last edited:
Brian I don't think anyone is blaming you.

Brian I don't think anyone is blaming you.
I concur you were very informative and helpful in me getting mine.
When I last spoke to Thomas, he was trying to resolve issues "in house". I would
have thought they would be resolved by now. You've done more than your part, even
in your frustrations, don't feel its at all your fault.

Brain does good work , he's my number one parts guy

I don't know Brian, but he (SourceNSX) sounds like a stand up guy. I'll still join in on his next groupbuy that interests me. Everyone in for a group hug? =P

Two people still have not received these. Jorligan and AU_NSX. There has been no stone unturned trying to find out why the hell you haven't. I'm very upset as I am sure you two are. I'm calling Thomas today again to try to get more info. I'll gladly refund both of you at any time if you wish. I never thought this would turn into such a mess. If anyone has these in BRAND NEW unused condition I will gladly buy them for either of the two unfulfilled orders I still have pending. PM me. I just want to get these guys the parts.

This is a problem we sometimes deal with getting parts from the vendor...Out of your control, yet it doesn't make you look good at the same time. Not a good situation to be in.

Brian I most certainly do not blame you! In fact I hold you in high regard for putting yourself "out there" and organising this group buy! Without people like you, nothing would ever get organised! And it's not like you just went silent and said not my problem and told me to take it up with the supplier! You have maintained contact through this thread and PM! I find you truly trustworthy and I would definitely deal with you in the future.

We all have to accept that the NSX is a small volume car and the suppliers are generally not interested in small volume GB's. The suppliers that are interested are generally small volume themselves and there is sometimes a reason for that...

Now as far as DF is concerned... I don't believe that 8 months is a reasonable amount of time to leave a customer who has paid in full to keep waiting and only ever offer more excuses when asked! Were it not for Brian, I would have demanded my money back before the PayPal dispute cutoff (45 days?) was reached.

Brian, if there is an offer for a full refund? And only if you will not be out of pocket, then I would now accept that offer... :smile:

I have the money. I do not send it to DF until I verify parts are shipped. It's just how we have always done it with DF. It will not cost me anything. I will gladly do that. Can you PM me your paypal ID so I can look it up and refund it please.

Thanks for the understanding. I wish I had the parts for you.

Brian I most certainly do not blame you! In fact I hold you in high regard for putting yourself "out there" and organising this group buy! Without people like you, nothing would ever get organised! And it's not like you just went silent and said not my problem and told me to take it up with the supplier! You have maintained contact through this thread and PM! I find you truly trustworthy and I would definitely deal with you in the future.

We all have to accept that the NSX is a small volume car and the suppliers are generally not interested in small volume GB's. The suppliers that are interested are generally small volume themselves and there is sometimes a reason for that...

Now as far as DF is concerned... I don't believe that 8 months is a reasonable amount of time to leave a customer who has paid in full to keep waiting and only ever offer more excuses when asked! Were it not for Brian, I would have demanded my money back before the PayPal dispute cutoff (45 days?) was reached.

Brian, if there is an offer for a full refund? And only if you will not be out of pocket, then I would now accept that offer... :smile:

Au, its a beautiful part that does REALLY look amazing in person. At every car event people that don't know the NSX even compliment me on how good they look, they think it is a factory performance edition part. You sure you don't want it?

I may be interested in picking up Au_NSX spot - I'm in not hurry for the part either (as long as I can get it by end of summer?)

- Jeff

Haha if I did it would be at Either Jorligan's house or AU's house.. If either of them decide on a refund I will PM you if you don't mind the wait time.
Brian... got an extra set you can sell me?

- Jeff

Brian, you have been pretty good at keeping in contact with people and offering solutions, even when problems are out of your control and because of that i will not hesitate to do business with you again. I like DF and i really hope they step up their pace since they have parts i wanna buy in future.

I appreciate that. Wish I could get all the parts in decent time. I do not like waiting or upsetting customers. That's why we stopped doing the plasidip stuff.. Pissing too many people off that wanted it and was not able to deliver due to a 3rd party.

Back