• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy DF-R Side Ducts by Source 1

A lot of carbon fiber parts on the internet are just junk. Their pictures look nice, but they have very low quality if you see them in person. For example, Password JDM is the company that advertises their fake "dry" carbon fiber parts. The galleries in their website are fantastic, but their carbon fiber products look so cheap in person.

I had a seibon type r spoiler on my previous nsx. Serious, it was just a garbage. The surface, fit, and finish is terrible and it feels damn cheap. I felt I wanted to throw my spoiler away after I saw a downforce spoiler on another owner's car in a local meet,

seibon, nrg type r spoiler= $450

downforce spoiler= $1500

procar spoiler= $2000-$3000

A lot of carbon fiber parts on the internet are just junk. Their pictures look nice, but they have very low quality if you see them in person. For example, Password JDM is the company that advertises their fake "dry" carbon fiber parts. The galleries in their website are fantastic, but their carbon fiber products look so cheap in person.

I had a seibon type r spoiler on my previous nsx. Serious, it was just a garbage. The surface, fit, and finish is terrible and it feels damn cheap. I felt I wanted to throw my spoiler away after I saw a downforce spoiler on another owner's car in a local meet,

We used to make custom carbon fiber parts, but the NSX market is small and there are too many companies offering carbon parts at very cheap prices so we haven't made any in quite some time.
the password products are produced the same way DF parts are, they are both vacuum infusion parts. The only difference is that DF used a top clear coat and password does not. The password products are of equal quality to DF, they are not cheap at all. You could literally shoot clear coat on a Password product and have nearly the same part (assuming both companies made 2 of the same item).
when we were making carbon fiber parts, we used the same process with molds, vacuum infusion, and epoxy resins. We also cleared our parts because it looks better than the "dry" carbon which is where Password stops in their process.
as for Seibon, VIS, Carbon creations and so forth, the other companies out ther do the same process but instead of using 100% carbon construction, they use 90% fiberglass for the structure and add 10% Carbon fiber on top for cosmetic purpose so it "looks" carbon fiber.
A Seibon carbon fiber hood for example is maybe $50 in material to actually make one. A Dry 100% carbon hood is $400 in materials since its 100% carbon, but both products come from the same mold....

OK everyone. We are moving forward with the few that are left. I PM'd those of you that are shipping in the next couple days and the rest will be very soon after. Sorry for the delays and DF also apologizes. Looking forward to getting this one closed so we can move on to the next one!

I got my DF-R side ducts today and they look amazing! Now I just have to install them haha

Thank you Brian@Source 1 and Thomas@Downforce!! Brian was super prompt in answering all my questions and I am looking forward to other group buys they may have in the future! I will post pics up as soon as I can.

Glad you like them!

I got my DF-R side ducts today and they look amazing! Now I just have to install them haha

Thank you Brian@Source 1 and Thomas@Downforce!! Brian was super prompt in answering all my questions and I am looking forward to other group buys they may have in the future! I will post pics up as soon as I can.

I told you guys, pictures don't do this part justice. In person they are just fantastic.

Installed it on one side for now. The stubby 22mm box wrench was a life saver!

20130209_135636.jpg

20130209_151016.jpg

20130209_150958.jpg

20130209_150726.jpg

20130209_150620.jpg

22mm Craftsman Stubby Box Wrench used to remove the 2 flower nuts on the side duct
20130212_164136.jpg

Last edited:
Any word on my side ducts?

Am I the only one left who hasn't received the ducts?

Back