• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Source 1 "Tallguys" seat cushions

Had a customer say they did not notice a huge difference in the height of the seating position. If anyone else experiences this please PM me. I am going to get this seat cushion back and see if there is some defect with it and go from there.

Brian

Can anyone provide feedback on the installation / quality / seating position before and after / headroom gained if any of this product?

I had one customer out of 4 say they did not notice a difference and stated he measured and found a 1/4 inch reduction in height.

I obviously refunded him in full and received the seat back. I installed it in my car and there is a difference between this and the OEM cushion. The actual thickness is a lot thinner. Maybe it is differing body types or some other issue? Not sure. If you were to order one and decide you do not like it or do not see a difference in the seating then I would refund you. Just let me know. PM me for a faster response.
Brian

Brian,

Are you still making these lowered seat cushions? Looking to get a match for my tan/camel perforated leather seats.

thanks

Don't despair, you cantake the stock seat cushion out and cut the foam down yourself and get about 1-2" of additional headroom.

Has anyone tried trimming the seat foam and manage to gain 1-2” headroom, I desperately need the extra room in my targa.

you can have a good upholstery shop do anything...try searching for stuff like trimming seat cushion.or just read old threads about the dali cushion as some guys chime in with $ saving diy tips

Has anyone tried trimming the seat foam and manage to gain 1-2” headroom, I desperately need the extra room in my targa.
I’ve trimmed two seat cushions myself. I’ve probably gained 1-1.5” in headroom. I removed more foam where your butt actually sits and taper towards the front and sides. Front taper was more gradual than sides. I remember using something to pull the two main side wire frame components towards the center. This just helped to keep everything snug and compact. In addition to some OEM clips, I also used Velcro to install. Unfortunately, I don’t think I have any pictures. The key is to be patient and take your time. In the end you get an OEM look and perfect leather match.

Personally, I got a way better result myself than a local upholstery shop. Obviously, this will depend on the upholstery shop.

Back