• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Source NSX photoshoot-- boosted content inside

It's not everyday you run into an 1992 NSX as clean as Brian's, but it's not everyday you meet a guy like Brian either. After owning 9 (yeah that's right, 9!) Brian finally found his 10th NSX, his gem, and plans on keeping this one for a while! "This is the first nsx I don't plan on selling" he told me, as if anyone would plan on selling such an awesome machine to begin with. Brian's patience and dedication to every detail has really paid off, and I hope these pictures showcase just that.

Brian and I have been exchanging texts and phone calls for about 3 weeks before our schedules AND the weather finally cooperated! When we finally met up we drove out scoping locations. We both had a few places in mind for backup, found a great distance shot (with no trespassing everywhere) but finally stumbled upon this old rundown building in Morrow Ohio for most of the shooting. I was VERY happy with the location we found, but we had to prep the area by sweeping all the broken glass from the location. The location was a bit small so I couldn't get every angle but I feel the strength of this set speaks for the absence of multiple angles.

that being said...I proudly present brian's nsx! :woot:

I left all the shots in full resolution, just click the shot, then "all sizes" at the top and pick your size. I also left all the exif data untouched so anyone who shoots can take a peak if they wish. If you're a flickr guy, make sure to add me and leave a comment!

As always, if anyone is interested in setting up a shoot for your car, motorcycle, or whatever, please feel free to email me [email protected] and we'll set something up. Thanks for checking em out!

Great write up! I think you really gave this car justice in the photos, they are amazing as well as the car too. Great work:wink:

Ridiculous DK....I'm glad to see you're starting to take the photography thing seriously :wink:

Sounds good juice-- just lmk when you are ready

I can come up to columbus if you've got a spot picked out, but youre buying the beers after!

Not a fan of the calipers myself....

My car is in 1000 pieces right now getting refreshed. That is on the list to change and repaint. Going either 02+gold or silver. Have not decided yet.
Thanks for the comments..

shots 2 and 3 are both with 3 flashes, two up front and 1 shooting down the side. . . those shots just have a lot more editing done to them and a lot more time spent.

sometimes you just get a magic shot, but lately ive been having more magic shots to edit to their fullest extent. it's not like you can take any shot and make it badass, sometimes it just doesn't pop the way it should. Why you take so many shots, I think both those shots took 4-5 shots to get the right settings, flash positions, etc.

i see your into photography as well-- the 70-200 2.8 is a beast! have you gotten into off camera lighting? it's addicting my friend...if you wanna dive into it, let me know and i can help answer questions you may have!

Last edited:
Synth-
the 580exII is a great on camera flash. It has a ton of features that you will LOVE for on camera stuff...but for off camera you are spending more than you have to.

A lot of guys pick up SB 24s, or SB 26s, or any of the manual flashes (canon 420ez, canon 550ex, etc.) You can usually pick these up for $100 or less, and then you can concentrate on your type of wireless synching.

shoot me an email and we'll talk--

Both the photos and car are simply stunning!

Not a fan of the calipers myself....

My car is in 1000 pieces right now getting refreshed. That is on the list to change and repaint. Going either 02+gold or silver. Have not decided yet.
Thanks for the comments..

I think you should go with an anodized silver, for a "close to chrome" look. However, the red clips really look like they belong in shot #3.

I think you should go with an anodized silver, for a "close to chrome" look. However, the red clips really look like they belong in shot #3.

Calipers are now a Metallic Gunmetal close to color of the NSX-R wheel.

They definately tone it down while not being black.. I like it!

Back