• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

spare tire

OK so here goes the stupid question of the month (or year). Just purchased a '91 with HP design 18" front 19" rear. If I should happen to have a flat tire (Fuzion currently mounted) would the inflatable spare (which I assume is 15 or 16") work, at least at low speed for short distances, or do I need to have a flatbed follow me cross country?

As long as you still have the stock brake calipers, you should be able to use the collapsible stock spare tire along with your larger diameter wheels.

If your tire sizes have a significantly different outer diameter from the stock tire sizes, using the stock spare may activate the TCS, so you may want to turn TCS off while using the spare.

Last edited:
As long as you still have the stock brake calipers, you should be able to use the collapsible stock spare tire along with your larger diameter wheels.

If your tire sizes have a significantly different outer diameter from the stock tire sizes, using the stock spare may activate the TCS, so you may want to turn TCS off while using the spare.

So if I have a brembo full kit, I won't be able to use the stock spare tire when I have a flat correct? Would I be better off taking them out to save weight then? Thanks!

So if I have a brembo full kit, I won't be able to use the stock spare tire when I have a flat correct? Would I be better off taking them out to save weight then? Thanks!

If you have larger disk brakes then you should just ditch the spare and upgrade your AAA package for towing. :biggrin: I just upgraded my brakes to the Racing Brake +2 kit which has 13" disks. I sold my spare because it won't fit my brakes and have the AAA with 100 miles of towing. I hope I never have to use it. . .

Back