• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

sport bikes

Its a shame that Honda has not kept up with the times in the sport bike market. I still have and enjoy my old CBR 1100XX, but some of other makers are coming out with some nice stuff! I think that Honda does a lot of R&D to create outstanding cars and bikes. When they get it right their new models are ahead of their time compared to the other makers. However, it then takes Honda at least 10 to 15 years to come out with anything new. The good thing is that the design and engineering still keep them competative. I have only done minor mods to my 97 CBR and I can still hang with my neighbor's 2004 'Busa. I am kind of sentimental too and will keep my model year NSX, CBR1100XX and SC400 forever. :biggrin:

Len, how do you like the 1400 compared to the XX?

Nate in DC

I just picked up an 03 CBR 600RR w/ 7k miles for $5k. Its also my first bike, so its not a bad learning bike IMO. I will be taking a MSF course soon though. Now for the bad part, my NSX feels slow now compared to the bike . Time for a CTSC maybe :biggrin: :wink: .

nbovelle said:
Its a shame that Honda has not kept up with the times in the sport bike market. I still have and enjoy my old CBR 1100XX, but some of other makers are coming out with some nice stuff! I think that Honda does a lot of R&D to create outstanding cars and bikes. When they get it right their new models are ahead of their time compared to the other makers. However, it then takes Honda at least 10 to 15 years to come out with anything new. The good thing is that the design and engineering still keep them competative. I have only done minor mods to my 97 CBR and I can still hang with my neighbor's 2004 'Busa. I am kind of sentimental too and will keep my model year NSX, CBR1100XX and SC400 forever. :biggrin:

Len, how do you like the 1400 compared to the XX?

Nate in DC

Nate, I don't know how i missed this one...
The 1400 and the XX are so close and yet so different, The XX is much more livelybelow 3000 rpm, the 14 does not come on until 3kRPM, with the secondaries in place, the XX is not as easy to twist and turn on as the 14, both are very comfortable, The 14 is a monster after 4k RPM, in fact, you better be holding on tightly...
Until the 14, the XX was my absolute dream bike..
I will still look to see what Honda comes up with as a replacement, as the XX is still very close in terms of competetion to all of the new super/hyper bikes...

The 14 is the perfect replacement for the XX. If Honda comes up with a bike between the 2, they will have a hell of a seller...
I would be happy with an XX but not as happy as I would be with the 14

Back