• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spotted Ferrari CA in the cargo hold of a 747

Pictures speak for themselves.... coming to America (JFK) via B747. :eek:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Milan, Italy trip 001.jpg
    Milan, Italy trip 001.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 390
  • Milan, Italy trip 003.jpg
    Milan, Italy trip 003.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 349
  • Milan, Italy trip 004.jpg
    Milan, Italy trip 004.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Milan, Italy trip 005.jpg
    Milan, Italy trip 005.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2,593
  • Milan, Italy trip 006.jpg
    Milan, Italy trip 006.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 484
  • Milan, Italy trip 007.jpg
    Milan, Italy trip 007.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 494
  • Milan, Italy trip 008.jpg
    Milan, Italy trip 008.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,864
  • Milan, Italy trip 009.jpg
    Milan, Italy trip 009.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 293
  • Milan, Italy trip 010.jpg
    Milan, Italy trip 010.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 446
  • Milan, Italy trip 011.jpg
    Milan, Italy trip 011.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
And even Ferrari is doing the retractable hardtop thing. Great looking car.

VERY COOL!

Were these taken by you captain? :smile:

woah... is that a 599? Soooooooooo sick! And thats a whole new level of baller!

woah... is that a 599? Soooooooooo sick! And thats a whole new level of baller!

No, it's not a 599! It is the new for 2009 California. Notice the front grill and the hood scoop ala the 1960s original 250 GT California Spyder. It is also Ferrari's first retractable hardtop (the Super America only had a top that flipped backwards - it didn't stow). This is Ferrari's car, it isn't for sale yet.

Any other loadmasters here? Is it me, or is there not enough/adequate tiedown support, specially forward/aft. With any strap/chain you usually have support for 2 of 3 directions, fwd/aft, lateral, or vertical. Looks like it has vertical and lateral support , but not much forward/aft support.

CRAP. I thought I had everthing I want already and then they come out with new stuff I want. DAMN!!! Now I am going to have to get some money around to get one of those. Ehhhrrrr.

so how much is that anyways? That thing is HOT!! I just read the article in car and driver about this car. I love the hard top vert look.

I have to tell you that is one SERIOUS FUGLY machine. Easily the worst Ferrari in the last 20 years.

I'm sorry but that is not attractive. It is hard to tell which is front and which is the back. The back looks like a large mouth bass with its mouth open.

Not feeling it. But more Ferrari choices is always a good thing. Now - I just hope they don't start selling SUV's.

Steve,

Since you are such a good friend; I will take that F360 off your hand when you get the california.:wink:

I just got off the phone with the Ferrari dealer. The car in these pictures is the show car for pebble beach. The California will not be available for purchase until the spring of 2010. The price will be less than the 430.

I just got off the phone with the Ferrari dealer. The car in these pictures is the show car for pebble beach. The California will not be available for purchase until the spring of 2010. The price will be less than the 430.

You really have no patience. Did you put down a deposit?

You really have no patience. Did you put down a deposit?

Naw they wouldn't take my money. :biggrin:

I need to build a bigger garage VERY soon. I have cars stored all over the place that I want to have here. Some of them are in the Restoration process and some have already been restored. My neighbor just passed away and I was going to buy her place and build something there but the neighbor on the other side beat me to it. He understands my plight as he has a full garage now and I think I may have him talked into selling me the place after the deal is closed with the neighbors daughter.

Well I would hope so, with that ugly design it has. The front end almost looks like a Celica.

Despite its looks, it'll most likey sell like hot cakes. When SL65s are selling over $200K, this Calfiornia may be a retractable hardtop bargain for the well-to-do.

WOW! Wonder how much it costs to transport a car on a 1/2 empty 747!!:eek: I guess in their case it doesn't really matter.

Back